On the hunt for my first SVT Focus. What to look for? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > Focus SVT

Focus SVT The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK1 2002-2004 Focus SVT.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Stangbanger856
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 120390
What I Drive: 97 Mustang SVT Cobra

FF Reputation: 1 Stangbanger856 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
On the hunt for my first SVT Focus. What to look for?

Hello everyone. I have been lurking around for a while but this is my first post. I'm currently on the hunt for a SVT Focus. What should I look for and Lookout for? My budget is $5,000 and looking to make this my new Daily Driver to replace my 2007 F150. This wouldn't be my 1st SVT vehicle (on my second Cobra as of now) but first SVT Focus. I'm in NJ if that helps to figure prices out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
I<3HATERS
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103292
What I Drive: black svtf /2012 ses fiesta 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 I<3HATERS Good Standing Member
In ur area would be RUST! The doors,hatch tend to go first. How rusty the subframes are. If it has had a timing belt changed. Overall conditions how it drives. If its been modified or stock it all plays into the price
Old 11-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
Stangbanger856
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 120390
What I Drive: 97 Mustang SVT Cobra

FF Reputation: 1 Stangbanger856 Good Standing Member
I have looked at a few. Found one on Craigslist from central NJ that looked real clean that was lightly moded (Eibach suspension but comes with stock SVT parts as well) I liked the way it looks and the price but he never got back to me after the initial conversation) turns out he is a member in here (Charlie O). His car only has 96K on it. Thanks for the reply.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
p0sitivevibez
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11223
What I Drive: SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 p0sitivevibez Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
TAKE A MECHANIC FRIEND WITH YOU. Don't buy emotionally. I bought one in Newark, NJ (Orange) and it was horrible since I bought it. Was in a few bad accidents that seller lied about, clutch blewup as soon as I got it back to Maryland, he pulled the CEL bulb to hide all the other problems, bad news. I was emotionally invested in getting an Orange one and I've been paying for it ever since. If I had a mechanic friend with me, that never would have happened. If you feel funny about the deal or something doesn't seem right, walk the hell away. Trust me.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
pasta
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62350
What I Drive: 2003 eap svt

FF Reputation: 5 pasta Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (40)
Most likely you will need to change timing belt unless previously done also check car fax for any accidents

Bookmarks & Social Networks