Performance catalytic converter for 03 ZX3 - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #31
Dardas
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107673
What I Drive: 2005 Saab 9-3 Turbo 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 Dardas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus2727 View Post
Good luck on the seats... I have had my eye on a set of black w/ blue inserts for my car for over 4 years. usually people just want pick up on those and most of them are a days + drive for me. might have better luck on the east cost....

the SVT exhaust is the #1 most recommended modification to the Zetec followed by intake and cat back and a Tune. personally I would not put a penny into an exhaust system that was not the SVT conversion. Needing a new cat would be the push to do the conversion.
Yeah thats why im gonna think about it.. as for the seats ive always wanted SVT seats and saw some for sale under the parts section.. im hope they can ship them they were red inserts for $200 not including shipping and the car only had 65K on it. if that doesnt work out i will keep looking.

Do you happen to know if the swap with the SVT seats is easy process? not including any wiring because the SVT are powered. therefore it is not mandatory to have power to them
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #32
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

Points 7,795, Level 59
Points: 7,795, Level: 59 Points: 7,795, Level: 59 Points: 7,795, Level: 59
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Dont know on that. I think its fairly straight forward. I know there are some tricks to the back seats I think, but the fronts are fairly straight forward....

I also want to get the SVT seats to fix the fact my levers on my front seats broke and took the porous crappy cast of a mounting feature along with them. Have never looked enough at it to figure out how to fix that yet either... need a motor in it first.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 02-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #33
Dardas
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107673
What I Drive: 2005 Saab 9-3 Turbo 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 Dardas Good Standing Member
ah, my seats are fine i just have always wanted the SVT seats... they are so much nicer than the regular cloth

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.