2015 - Is an RS Focus in your future? - Page 17 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus RS > Focus RS

Focus RS The place to chat about news and rumors on the third generation Focus RS.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #161
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Points 4,132, Level 40
Points: 4,132, Level: 40 Points: 4,132, Level: 40 Points: 4,132, Level: 40
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm not so sure about that with the STs sitting on showroom floors collecting a little bit of dust and dealers had to remove the "market adjusted" prices real quick. Remember Ford expected to sell 8000 STs in the first year and they aren't even half way there yet but summer's coming. The local Ford dealer here has two ST3s that have been there for over two months and no takers.
I can't see a Focus selling in the high $30k range except to the rabid Focus enthusiasts on these types of Forums but I'm not sure there's enough of them for Ford to bring one here. only time will tell but I think it'll be a long wait.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #162
hurtinfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 835
What I Drive: 03 SVT (RS conversion)

Points 9,927, Level 66
Points: 9,927, Level: 66 Points: 9,927, Level: 66 Points: 9,927, Level: 66
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 hurtinfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
I think the ST's are sitting for a couple of reasons:

-you can't cherry pick options like you used to be able to when the SVT's were new
-People are waiting to see if any incentives will be offered to get them for a better deal
-people are hesitant to buy the first year of a "new" vehicle, to wait for any prospective bugs to be worked out
-possibly awaiting tax returns
-weather (as you said, summer is JUST about to start, that's when people will want to DRIVE something like the ST)
-possibility of ill-informed public thinking the recalls on the 1.6ecoboost in the fusion/escape are related.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #163
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Points 4,132, Level 40
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Good reasons and I really wanted to swing an ST but it didn't make sense when the STI and my 4Runner both suck on my teet too. The SE is my wife's car and I was lucky enough to talk her into better wheels/tires and now I'm working on her for a new spoiler and exhaust.
I love the ST's overall look and they are so uncommon here unlike the several STIs I see here daily.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #164
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

Fan#: 9730
What I Drive: 01 ZX3RACECAR/04 ST170/13 FST2

Points 2,744, Level 31
Points: 2,744, Level: 31 Points: 2,744, Level: 31 Points: 2,744, Level: 31
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 4 jinstall Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
"On August 4, 2011 Ford's global boss for small cars, Gunnar Herrmann, revealed to magazine Drive that the third iteration of the hot-hatch was in the works. New RS will be FWD with more than 305 hp (227 KW) which will be transferred to the road with so-called ‘Revoknuckle’ suspension. The new RS is expected in late 2013 or 2014 both in Europe, North America and the rest of the world."

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...804-1id4j.html

Put the puzzle pieces together.
2013 Focus ST2 TS NAV SUNROOF-Hers
Old 04-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #165
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinstall View Post
"On August 4, 2011 Ford's global boss for small cars, Gunnar Herrmann, revealed to magazine Drive that the third iteration of the hot-hatch was in the works. New RS will be FWD with more than 305 hp (227 KW) which will be transferred to the road with so-called ‘Revoknuckle’ suspension. The new RS is expected in late 2013 or 2014 both in Europe, North America and the rest of the world."

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...804-1id4j.html

Put the puzzle pieces together.
Isn't that article from August 2011? There's been a lot of water under the economic and automotive bridges in the time span between then and now. Even if it does get released in North America I'm not sure what the appeal will be for the go-fast guys given that a new WRX Sti with 305 horsepower with 4 wheel drive is available now, unless the price is just a bit higher than the ST. I think the RS will most likely be too little too late. I think I'd rather have a rear wheel drive BRZ myself if I was shopping for a fun performance car but I know that doesn't have the power in the same league.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #166
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 11,212, Level 69
Points: 11,212, Level: 69 Points: 11,212, Level: 69 Points: 11,212, Level: 69
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 84%
Activity: 84% Activity: 84% Activity: 84%
FF Reputation: 60 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiStick View Post
I'm certain it will be FWD, but Revoknuckle and LSD are gonna be SO much fun!
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ & add Brembo's or similar & have the motor make real noise thru the exhaust!!!
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 04-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #167
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ & add Brembo's or similar & have the motor make real noise thru the exhaust!!!
Wouldn't you really rather have your Torsen® limited slip come standard on the rear of an affordable and fun rear wheel drive car, just like the good lord intended?
Old 04-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #168
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Points 4,132, Level 40
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus YBTC View Post
myself if I was shopping for a fun performance car but I know that doesn't have the power in the same league.

Yeah,that article isn't relevent anymore. Give Subaru a little more time to offer the STI version of the BRZ since it's rumored to have a minimum of 275hp which easily will scoot that car into the 13s in the 1/4 and really enhance it's track times. Plus over 300hp will be easily achived with a few aftermarket goodies. I woiuld like a lighter Subi since my STI is a bit porky at over 3500lbs where my old 1st gen Eclipse was a svelte 3200.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #169
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
Yeah,that article isn't relevent anymore. Give Subaru a little more time to offer the STI version of the BRZ since it's rumored to have a minimum of 275hp which easily will scoot that car into the 13s in the 1/4 and really enhance it's track times. Plus over 300hp will be easily achived with a few aftermarket goodies. I woiuld like a lighter Subi since my STI is a bit porky at over 3500lbs where my old 1st gen Eclipse was a svelte 3200.
The BRZ weighs in around 2800 lbs. so it relatively svelte for its 200 hp. As it sits now I think it looks like a good balance of economy and sporting ability. Good but not great because the Focus ST with 50 more hp and 400+ more lbs. get 1 MPG better combined fuel economy rating. So the fuel economy isn't stellar and it doesn't have a very usable rear set but it's still a rear wheel drive sports car. The premium fuel requirement goes a bit against the economy part too. As would adding a future 75 hp most likely, the fun factor would definitely improve though.

Fuel economy (city/highway/combined)
Manual: 22/30/25
Automatic: 25/34/28
Fuel requirement
Premium unleaded gasoline (93 octane)
Fuel capacity 13.2 gallons
Old 04-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #170
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

The One Ford idea where the cars are as identical as possible all over the world seems to be making the company very rich. Why is the American Ford organization still resisting major parts of it? Where is our Focus RS, where are the other Focus options available in other countries? Making the cars and options as identical as possible all over the world WORKS! Stop dumbing down and homogenizing the US cars already and Ford will grow even richer!

Quote:
Dearborn — Ford Motor Co.'s profits rose to $1.6 billion during the first quarter, led by the highest profit in North America since at least 2000.

The Dearborn automaker's profits rose for the 15th consecutive quarter, up 15.4 percent to 41 cents per share, compared to last year's first quarter, when the company posted a $1.4 billion profit, or 39 cents per share.

This year's first-quarter earnings per share also topped first-call analyst expectations of 37 cents per share.

Revenue jumped approximately 10 percent to $35.8 billion.

"Our strong first-quarter results provide further proof that our One Ford plan continues to deliver," Ford CEO Alan Mulally said Wednesday in a statement, referring to the company's global consolidation and new products plan.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.