Are new 2013 Focus's having same issues as 2012? - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #31
garate55
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 108903
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Ti

FF Reputation: 1 garate55 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
If you want to speak with this person, my 1st conversation would be more of a test, for example take a list of known issues that you read on this
forum from owners and ask the service manager if they are aware of these issues. If they say they are not aware of any of the common issues
which you can read on this forum, then you know you are in the wrong dealerships service department.
This right here, is some of the best advice I've heard in a long time. ANY dealership should have heard some gripes by now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #32
vacman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 107472
What I Drive: '13 5M white Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 vacman Good Standing Member
If the first thing I had to do when buying a new car was go talk to service to make sure they were aware of all the issues with it and how to fix it, I would choose a different car. YMMV.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #33
13Titanium
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109547
What I Drive: 2013, Silver, Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 13Titanium Good Standing Member
I apologize for my comment earlier. I figured it was someone sent just to calm everyone when issues come up and act like it's all normal.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #34
Flybigrc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103155
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Flybigrc Good Standing Member
No issues with the car. Drives fine and all the tech is working without incident. I just received an upgrade for the Nav system to ver. 4 and there is an upgrade to the Ford Sync along with it, which I have been holding off installing until I see how it worked for other.

I am getting 27mpg combined about 80% highway average speed 72 which seems to be the sweet spot. I have only noticed a 1-2 MPG drop when using 87 octane instead of 91 octane.
Currently have 5500 miles on my 2013 Focus ST.

I completed the 3.5.1 MFT upgrade, went through without a hitch and the A4 Version of the Nav is also working well.

all still good

Last edited by Flybigrc; 02-21-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 02-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #35
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Wouldn't bash Ford's forum team... if you get a Focus and end up on the forums, they do the best they can to take care of you, best not to burn bridges before crossing them...
Quote:
...The Ford rep that monitors this forum is a very valued member here, and has helped many Focus owners that have a had problems getting their service departments to work with them...
feta_mgp & GhiaFan,

Thanks so much for the kind words; I really appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Titanium View Post
I apologize for my comment earlier...
No worries, 13Titanium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybigrc View Post
No issues with the car. Drives fine and all the tech is working without incident...
Flybigrc,

It makes me happy to see that you love your ride!

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 02-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #36
JimsterG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95184
What I Drive: 2012 5 dr SEL in Race Red

FF Reputation: 1 JimsterG Good Standing Member
My 2012 SEL has over 30,000 miles and no visits to a dealer for any warranty work. The 5 speed tranny is pretty poor when it comes hwy mileage versus the others. The 6 speed DCT is nicer and NO STUPID clutch pedal. However I would avoid the MFT since that draws more complaints than anything it seems
Old 02-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #37
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsterG View Post
My 2012 SEL has over 30,000 miles and no visits to a dealer for any warranty work...
Sounds like you and your Focus are treating each other pretty nicely, JimsterG!

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 02-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #38
Jim_J
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109775
What I Drive: 2013 Silver SE with a shudder trans

FF Reputation: 1 Jim_J Good Standing Member
Quote:
and has helped many Focus owners that have a had problems getting their service departments to work with them.
That's the big problem with ford, there are people here who have had to put effort and time worth probably thousands of dollars if spent working into getting ford to replace a clutch pack and seal that should have been done the first time trouble showed up.

For 2012 the focus has the lowest overall quality rating at J.D. Power for hatchbacks, a two star rating. The dodge caliper beats them for quality. Heck, my body panels have inconsistent gap spacing, that's never found on an import. It shows a lack of attention to detail, a assembly line that just doesn't care.

I bought the Focus because it was $2500 cheaper than the Hyundai Elantra, which was a better car, just not $2500 better. Not to be sounding like I dislike the Focus, I don't, but in 2013 you have a car that in slow traffic has an occasional transmission clunk so hard my wife thought we had been rear ended when it first happened with her in the car? That's not really good product, and from what I have seen in the forums I am not at all certain Ford will stand behind it if my clutches shred or get doused with oil from their bad design. My feeling is that they will tell me it's normal and hope warranty runs out before it leaves me or my wife stranded.

After all, this is the company that thought it was alright for children to burn to death in an otherwise minor collision to save $11 per vehicle.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #39
mjb457
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96645
What I Drive: 12 Focus SE , 03 PT Cruiser GT

FF Reputation: 0 mjb457 Newbie
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #40
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_J View Post
For 2012 the focus has the lowest overall quality rating at J.D. Power for hatchbacks, a two star rating. The dodge caliper beats them for quality. Heck, my body panels have inconsistent gap spacing, that's never found on an import. It shows a lack of attention to detail, a assembly line that just doesn't care.
And yet the Focus continues to win accolades. Like making the Car and Driver 2013 10 best list. And just being named U.S. News' Best Compact Car for the Money.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->