2002 year-model WIRING DIAGRAMS - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-03-2013, 05:11 AM   #1
Ma-fia
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3556
What I Drive: 2002 Grass Green ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Ma-fia Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2002 year-model WIRING DIAGRAMS

I have a European set of wiring diagrams for 2003 Focus. It seems to be the same for 2002 year-model, at least in the part that I need (all wire colors match).

I would really like to have a set of wiring diagrams for 2002 American Foci.

Shortly I will be converting my US focus to European standards, so I will need to replace the taillights, install back-up lights plus do some rewiring. Knowing next to nothing about how stuff works, I have already marked all wires on the European pigtails that will be wired to my harness and have proper connectors for the composite rear lights.
If anybody could post the diagrams or point me to where I could find them, that would be great!
I would even buy a downloadable .pdf from a reliable source; all I'm finding now are paperbacks. The hindsight is always strong, I should have bought the book before I left the US, but I didn't. Now it would take quite a while to get here, and I need to figure out things much sooner.

Right now, I need wiring diagram for my ZX3, the pages for stop lights, turn signals, reverse lights, and running lights (=parking lights, or whatever they are called),
but it would be nice to have a full set...

If anybody is interested, the European wiring diagram issue 2003.50 (816 pages) is here:
http://ge.tt/8rYtmJX/v/0?c
(follow the link, click on "download" on the left)

Last edited by Ma-fia; 02-03-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
emsvitil
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50210
What I Drive: 2000 SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 9 emsvitil Good Standing Member
Autozone has online wiring diagrams.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:35 AM   #3
Ma-fia
Focus Enthusiast

Where at? Online? I couldn't find any. Maybe a link?...
However, if you are talking about paperbacks, I'm not interested. I've dealt with Autozone-OReilley manuals in the past, with my old car, and they are far from complete. Some sections have excellent pics and are well covered (easier to understand for an ignoramus like me), but if you want details, they are not very good.

I've had the original Ford shop manual of few thousand pages for my year-model, pretty much since I bought the car in '02. It has been extremely useful. Especially when I pulled the dash and the whole interior out. Black-and white outline pictures are hard for me to understand, but they do cover every bolt and nut there is on the car.
Now I just need the WDs. Don't even know why I never got it before. 35 bucks isn't the money to sweat over.
I guess, I never needed to do anything with the wiring before, and was under the assumption that all the WDs were included into the shop manual, which is not the case.

Already ordered a used original Ford WDs off Amazon; once my friend in the US gets it in the mail (should be within a few days), he'll just scan what I need for now and eventually mail me the book. I want it anyway. If I have the patience to scan the thing, I'll post it. I see quite a few people asking for it, and nobody comes forth with much of anything.

I found a diagram online for stop lights that seem to be for a U.S model, the wire colors are the same as in European. We'll see what the rest is. I still have about 2 weeks before the car sails in.

Last edited by Ma-fia; 02-04-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:51 AM   #4
emsvitil
Focus Addict

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/rep...nfoLanding.jsp

Top selection on box to left.

You'll need to setup an id (free) to use it.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
Ma-fia
Focus Enthusiast

I did as you said, but didn't come up with anything close to what I'm looking for.
All I found in wiring diagrams is something about headlights, that I don't need.

When choosing a vehicle, I'm not sure it listed my engine properly (not that it matters in this particular case): if I'm not mistaken mine is 2.0 L Zetec EFI DOHC; they had in there 2 engines marked "MFI", and 1 marked "SFI" - whatever than means...

Could you please look at my pictures in this thread: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...88#post4572288
Maybe it will be clearer what I'm trying to do...

Last edited by Ma-fia; 02-04-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
emsvitil
Focus Addict

You're a MFI (also shows as DOHC)

Didn't know if they would have what you needed, just knew there was some there.

Sometimes it's not obvious as to which diagram to use..............
Old 02-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #7
Ma-fia
Focus Enthusiast

I see. Well, thanks anyway.

I'll just be patient and wait for a few days. As I mentioned earlier, I've already ordered the Ford wiring diagram manual for my year.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->