One Year Later - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly - Page 10 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #91
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,155, Level 34
Points: 3,155, Level: 34 Points: 3,155, Level: 34 Points: 3,155, Level: 34
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
...As of now I don't know what to do. I have paperwork from the BBB which I have not filed yet, hoping for a resolution from Ford...
Hi Some Guy From NY,

I can arrange for a follow-up call from your CSM; just send me a PM with your current mileage.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #92
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi Some Guy From NY,

I can arrange for a follow-up call from your CSM; just send me a PM with your current mileage.

Crystal
I am passed that point now.

I get better responses talking to a wall than to my CSM.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #93
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

Points 651, Level 13
Points: 651, Level: 13 Points: 651, Level: 13 Points: 651, Level: 13
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 10 Arco-Zakus Great Standing Member
Quote:
... I don't drive crazy nor do I hit huge holes or bumps.
Does anyone else ever drive your car? (Relative, parking lot attendant, ...)
Old 04-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #94
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

UPDATE 4/3/13

So I had contacted the BBB a month or so ago. They got the ball rolling with Ford to get a field service engineer to look at my car.

Yesterday I dropped the car off at Dana Ford where a Field Engineer checked it out.

Of course when I got there, the engineer was not. TWO service managers there told me to just tell them in detail what my problems were, which they wrote down, and for me to leave the car because it will probably be there for hours. Luckily I had my father follow me because I figured I would have to leave the car.

Halfway home (i live 20-30 minutes away and have to cross a bridge+ pay a toll) I get a call from one of the service managers asking "where I was" because "I was supposed to go on a test drive with the engineer". I was INFURIATED. I told them I was nearly home and I was NOT going to go all the way back. The engineer would just have to look at my numerous service record complaints and test drive it himself.

6 Hours later I get a call that shocked no one. "NORMAL OPERATION". The engineer found nothing wrong and spent "4" hours checking the entire car out, including the alignment which was found in spec.

I guess I just have to live with this POS for a few more years.

My only hope is that the tires are unevenly worn and my steering problems will be solved with new tires...however I won't be in the market for new tires for at least another year or so.

I guess this is the end of my saga with Ford.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:29 AM   #95
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

Points 8,893, Level 63
Points: 8,893, Level: 63 Points: 8,893, Level: 63 Points: 8,893, Level: 63
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
If I was having the problems you have had, I would have made sure I was present when the so called Field Engineer was available.
Now you just have to take the word of the service manager saying they actually checked your car.
Does not sound like it was worth your time to go back to the dealership and get to really find out what is going on with your car.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #96
2008 Ford Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91826
What I Drive: 2008 Focus SES 5 speed

Points 454, Level 9
Points: 454, Level: 9 Points: 454, Level: 9 Points: 454, Level: 9
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 2008 Ford Focus Newbie
I agree with Ghia. You did not do yourself any favors by responding to the dealer's phone call in the way that you did. I appreciate that you are frustrated. 10 minutes away from the dealer and a 3 dollar toll? Turn around and talk to the engineer!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #97
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

I did not know when the field engineer would arrive, and they did not know either - I guess I did not make that clear. Also, at the point the service manager had called me, the engineer was still NOT there. They were calling me wondering where I was for when he DID come, I would be there. (all this after being told twice to leave the car)

I was not going to hang around for potentially hours waiting. In a perfect world, I would have had nothing to do all day and could have stayed, but this was not the case.

Obviously if the engineer was there at the time of my appointment I would have stayed and test drove it with him.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #98
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

Points 1,641, Level 23
Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Quote:
I did not know when the field engineer would arrive, and they did not know either - I guess I did not make that clear. Also, at the point the service manager had called me, the engineer was still NOT there. They were calling me wondering where I was for when he DID come, I would be there. (all this after being told twice to leave the car)

I was not going to hang around for potentially hours waiting. In a perfect world, I would have had nothing to do all day and could have stayed, but this was not the case.

Obviously if the engineer was there at the time of my appointment I would have stayed and test drove it with him.
That's pretty crappy of the SE and the dealer for not making sure he was there ON TIME for your appointment. They should have offered to call you when he arrived and then provided transportation to come get you at your home so you could come back and do the test drive. They should have gone out their way for you, not the other way around, but that's Ford. I say, if your state has it, file a Lemon Law suit against Ford for either replacement of the vehicle or refund of monies you have paid to date.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #99
Flatvalley
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97480
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Flatvalley Good Standing Member
Not saying this will fix your issue but as I had stated previously, my focus demonstrated much of the same symptoms and was actually dangerous to drive, in my opinion, especially on icy roads. The dealership aligned the car with no improvement, were able to replicate the issue and replaced the steering sector and then aligned. After this repair the car couldn't be driven without almost losing control at 30 mph on icy interstate roads even in town. I had plenty of tread left on the OEM 17 inch Continental tires but in spite of that, decided to replace them with different tires. That was in February, problem gone and hasn't resurfaced. For me, the time, travel to dealership (75 miles one way) upset, etc. exceeded the cost for new tires. In my case, it appears there is nothing the dealership could have mechanically done to take care of the issue caused by those factory tires. Now not letting Ford totally off the hook, even though I purchased these tires at a Ford dealership in which Ford offered a 60 dollar rebate coupon, I am still waiting for that rebate. Even though you go to the Ford ownership site to check on the status of your rebate and even though the work was listed on their web site, the rebate people told me they have no access to that site, thus I had to send them a copy of my work order. Oh, well. Life goes on
Old 04-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #100
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimms63 View Post
That's pretty crappy of the SE and the dealer for not making sure he was there ON TIME for your appointment. They should have offered to call you when he arrived and then provided transportation to come get you at your home so you could come back and do the test drive. They should have gone out their way for you, not the other way around, but that's Ford. I say, if your state has it, file a Lemon Law suit against Ford for either replacement of the vehicle or refund of monies you have paid to date.
I wish they would have done this, but nope.

I am hoping this is the answer \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatvalley View Post
Not saying this will fix your issue but as I had stated previously, my focus demonstrated much of the same symptoms and was actually dangerous to drive, in my opinion, especially on icy roads. The dealership aligned the car with no improvement, were able to replicate the issue and replaced the steering sector and then aligned. After this repair the car couldn't be driven without almost losing control at 30 mph on icy interstate roads even in town. I had plenty of tread left on the OEM 17 inch Continental tires but in spite of that, decided to replace them with different tires. That was in February, problem gone and hasn't resurfaced. For me, the time, travel to dealership (75 miles one way) upset, etc. exceeded the cost for new tires. In my case, it appears there is nothing the dealership could have mechanically done to take care of the issue caused by those factory tires. Now not letting Ford totally off the hook, even though I purchased these tires at a Ford dealership in which Ford offered a 60 dollar rebate coupon, I am still waiting for that rebate. Even though you go to the Ford ownership site to check on the status of your rebate and even though the work was listed on their web site, the rebate people told me they have no access to that site, thus I had to send them a copy of my work order. Oh, well. Life goes on
I really hope this will solve my problem when I do eventually replace the tires. Unlike you however, mine does not appear to drift around THAT badly and the dealer cannot replicate it or shall I say, acknowledge it. If you went to my dealer and told them "it can't maintain a straight course on an icy/snowy road" they would instantly say "ROAD CONDITIONS ARE CAUSING THAT".

I right now do not have the money to replace the tires, and as I said previously they only have almost 13k miles on them with plenty of tread depth left. I am going to just wait until it comes time to change them and hope for the best.

I am glad it worked for you and I am crossing my fingers that this solution will work for me too!

edit: What tires did you replace them with?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.