Overall 1 month experience-1500 miles - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-31-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
fomenter
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107937
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE SFE

FF Reputation: 1 fomenter Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Overall 1 month experience-1500 miles

It has been a month that I purchased my 2013 Focus SE SFE. The odometer shows 1479 miles at this moment.

Good/Bad

The car is much better than I expected. I've basically got more than what i paid for.Since I wanted to pay about 15k-16k (otd) for a new ride,I only had a few choices by the time I was in market. I could have bought Yaris, KIA, Accent for that kind of price range, but they aren't even in the same segment of the line with Focus..so i opted them all out..

The ride is very good when I compare it with a honda or Toyota. It is pretty quite and well insulated. Good suspension, but could be better. The ride is a bit sloppy.. Gas mileage is incredible. I averaged 47 MPG with cruise control at 60 MPH. (Not the mention fact that I had to stop 6 times at traffic lights). However, the overall average is about 36 with 50/50 city-highway.

Not that I care but the speakers are scratchy, but I'm satisfied with overall sound system quality. Very comfortable front seats but rear seats are tight.Interior quality is high. The sync system rocks, works flawlessly!!

The plastic parts in the car rattles occasionally, don't know why though. I still can't decide whether i'm ok with the transmission or not. It behaves well, but there is a slight metal grinding noise (with hesitation when take off) at low speeds when windows are rolled up and radio is off. In fact, I'm taking it to a ford service tomorrow to get it checked out. I have no doubt they will say "normal"...

Very nice car for the money. I enjoy driving it, no major complaint other than what I just mentioned in this threat...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
Phokus
Shiny Metal Titanium

Fan#: 60433
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium Seda

FF Reputation: 7 Phokus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Let the transmission break in some more. I had it get a little hesitant here and there around your mileage but then after a few hundred miles it settled out and now it just drives like my manual cars just someone shifting for me
Noises, mine may or may not have (have not heard any) but it functions properly so don't need to fix what's not broken. I rather not have the dealer "fix" it and make me hate it afterwards

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->