Are You Truly Happy With Your New Focus? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-08-2011, 01:57 AM   #1
tyebo5
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89051
What I Drive: 2012 grey focus titanium

FF Reputation: 1 tyebo5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Are You Truly Happy With Your New Focus?

All,
I just wanted to put this question out there since there seem to be so many issues with the 2012 Focus. Who is happy with there car and who is down right piss off with theres

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2011, 02:36 AM   #2
completely_focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86510
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 completely_focused Good Standing Member
I'm really happy with mine but I've only had it for three weeks now. Mostly city driving to and from work but I love the transmission and road handling. There are a few things that don't work like when the rain sensing wipers activate the lights don't come on. I have to manually activate the lights. Of course the USB ports lock up sometimes and I end up pulling fuses to reset it. But overall I still wouldn't want any of the other competing cars in the Focuses class. The Focus rocks and once the bugs are ironed out it will be that much better.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:06 AM   #3
biggens77
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87841
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 biggens77 Good Standing Member
I have had my Focus for a week now and I am more then happy with it. I have a titanium loaded with everything but the handling package and have been scared to post cause i dont want to jinx anything but so far so good. 1st tank of gas I hit 30mpg so I expect that to get better from there. I think the car drives great. MFT froze once and it will not show my album art ever since I played an untagged mp3 but other then that no issues and I really like it. I have a 32 Gig Patriot USB stick with 2500 songs and it indexed and built the voice commands in prob less then 5 minutes. Also worked very good with my old 32 gig zune.

I racked up 600 miles so far and the only thing I am not crazy about is the auto wipers. I was driving with them on headed to work and they were just not working enough. Maybe the sensor is dirty I dunno but I had to keep touching something cause I was unable to see at some points cause they would not wipe.

so far though really love the car and the way it drives and was pleasently suprised how quiet it is on the highway.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:10 AM   #4
Edgar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89037
What I Drive: 2006 F-150

FF Reputation: 2 Edgar Good Standing Member
I've had mine 2weeks, love it. Just miss the hp/torque from my old Explorer
Old 09-08-2011, 03:42 AM   #5
stivo
Hiyadoin'

Fan#: 48389
What I Drive: 2004 Infrared SVT, EAP #1440

FF Reputation: 9 stivo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
maybe this was just a rental car thing, but i rented one a week ago... every time i crossed the 65 mph threshold the thing would beep a little chime and tell me to drive carefully. at 75 mph it would warn me that i was approaching top speed... so when i pinned it it topped out at 80.

i have to say, the chimes at 65 really pissed me off. other than that it was ok... the interior was quite a bit nicer than other cars in the segment for sure. but when i got back to my SVT and hit the first set of corners out of the airport... driving that rental made me love my car all the more.

sorry guys... i like the grill though.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:23 AM   #6
SydneyRoo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86671
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Blue Candy

Points 1,434, Level 21
Points: 1,434, Level: 21 Points: 1,434, Level: 21 Points: 1,434, Level: 21
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 SydneyRoo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stivo View Post
maybe this was just a rental car thing, but i rented one a week ago... every time i crossed the 65 mph threshold the thing would beep a little chime and tell me to drive carefully. at 75 mph it would warn me that i was approaching top speed... so when i pinned it it topped out at 80.

haha the rental company enabled the speed warnings and limiter with the MyKey feature, awesome. Drive safer ;)

Owned mine for.. just over two months now I think. 95% satisfied with the car. Looks good, drives nice, smooth and quiet on the highway. 6 speed auto is satisfactory, though I'd have preferred a 6 sp stick. Fuel economy isn't quite where I want it to be, despite not driving very hard. Not too many issues with MFT but they happen randomly. Starting to learn when it typically messes up - ie, I now know to plug in my iPod -before- turning the car on, or it won't work.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:44 AM   #7
mustlovefocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88088
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL HB

FF Reputation: 1 mustlovefocus Good Standing Member
No issues with mine. I LOVE THIS CAR !! So much fine to drive.
------------------------------------------------
2012 Silver SEL HB, 303A Prem Pkg, Nav, Sun Roof, Winter Pkg, Sill Plates, Ex Prot Pkg
Old 09-08-2011, 07:03 AM   #8
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

Points 2,844, Level 32
Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Truly happy with the car portion...
As a whole ownership aspect no because of MFT if that makes sense.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:10 AM   #9
scottjl
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86588
What I Drive: 2012 StrlGry 5dr Ti

FF Reputation: 1 scottjl Good Standing Member
i've had my car a few weeks now. i'm mostly happy with it, but if i had to do it over i'd look at the competition a bit more. and i would not order MFT.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:13 AM   #10
Blizzard35
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88463
What I Drive: 2012 Lincoln MKZ AWD Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 2 Blizzard35 Good Standing Member
NO, I am not happy at all. From the paint issues, to the never ending MFT nightmare, to the squeaking headliner, sticking outside door handle, Navigation that doesn't work (which I suspect is all tied in with the MFT fiasco) misaligned body panels, rear hatch that let in dust/rain because it was not put on properly, and the list goes on and on. If QUALITY IS JOB 1 at Ford, I'd hate to see what Job 100 is!!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.