Stereo Questions - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #21
KyleQ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84296
What I Drive: 2008 Focus Coupe 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 3 KyleQ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
W00t - not stereo related, but Focus parts none the less!

DDM 55W 6K HID's
Project Headlights
OEM Spoiler
Torsen T-2/Clutchnet Stage 3
Fidanza 8lb 131 of 2150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #22
Rubix
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109903
What I Drive: 2011 SES

FF Reputation: 1 Rubix Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Good stuff! Get it installed and throw up a few pics.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #23
KyleQ
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
Good stuff! Get it installed and throw up a few pics.
I'm home sick from work, I'll get the headlights installed, but I think I'm going to see what it would cost to have the body shop install the spoiler for me... Nervous about drilling into my car...
Fidanza 8lb 131 of 2150
Old 02-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #24
Rubix
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109903
What I Drive: 2011 SES

FF Reputation: 1 Rubix Good Standing Member
Yeah, I would be too haha.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #25
KyleQ
Focus Enthusiast

Well I finally ran out of other projects at the moment and went ahead and installed my rears in the car and wired up the PAC LOC and when I turned it on I frowned - the rear speakers just don't get the signal and they sounded worse than the factory speakers. In went the originals and I hooked everything up and WOW - a pair of E12's pushed by an old school P300.1 amp and my friking hair moves... lol

I'll snap some pics later - but I painstakingly ran the wire across the engine bay, down the brake lines and routed it all the way back into the spare tire well on the trunk. I've wired up quite a few stereos in other vehicles, and this was by far the easiest way to do it - I wasn't looking forward to tearing my car apart to do it. I simply grounded the amp off one of the rear seat latches and I'm golden.

Now I just need to stop the trunk lid and license plate from rattling - only places I can hear and its amazing how little sound escapes the car from the outside. I'm happy with it - one day I'll wire up a digital audio processor when I've got the itch.

I had one of my HID's die and they don't fire for sh!t when its cold, so I ordered some 5K (instead of 6k) bubs as I'm 55w and a pair of switchback LED turn signals to go with them. Should be a dramatic change - I'll pain the front grill after I take it of, for what I hope, is the final time...
Fidanza 8lb 131 of 2150
Old 12-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #26
badazz2010focus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78166
What I Drive: 2010 ingot silver 2 dr 5 speed

FF Reputation: 7 badazz2010focus Good Standing Member
You ran the power wire outside the car? Oh and hey let me know what wire you run the led running lights to.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #27
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 116476
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 5 SlickWilly Good Standing Member
CRICE: Why not flush mount your tweeters?

MAC: The rears do getting a lower power signal. I did front and rear Diamond Audio components and I can hardly hear the rears.

OP:It took my 20 minutes to run the power wire through my car, which is safer for long life. There is a silicone hole near the brake pedal, run the wire though that, behind your kick panel, under the "Focus" bottom peice, then under the seat belt loop.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #28
KyleQ
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazz2010focus View Post
You ran the power wire outside the car? Oh and hey let me know what wire you run the led running lights to.
Yeah - and its fused and totally out of the way. If its ok to run gas and brake fluid under the car, it sure as hell is safe to run some power as well. Think about it - anything happens the fuse pops and I'm fine. Not worried about it-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickWilly View Post
CRICE: Why not flush mount your tweeters?

MAC: The rears do getting a lower power signal. I did front and rear Diamond Audio components and I can hardly hear the rears.

OP:It took my 20 minutes to run the power wire through my car, which is safer for long life. There is a silicone hole near the brake pedal, run the wire though that, behind your kick panel, under the "Focus" bottom peice, then under the seat belt loop.

The shitty signal to the rear is pretty lame - is there an easy way to get to all of the speaker wires without tearing half the car apart? I'm thinking I would like to amp all 4 speakers, but I'm not sure I need it, lol.

As for running the power wires through the car - I did even pull the focus panels off the floor... to clean them, lol. They were filthy - I guess I could have run the power wire through the car - I just didn't feel like doing it. One of these days I'll have to get underside pics of where I ran it - very tight, very clean install.

I got my replacement 5K HID bulbs and my switchbacks I tried installing the HID but it looks like what really happened is the ballast fried, taking out the bulb - so now I need to wait even longer for a set of replacement ballasts! !

The switchbacks were real easy to install - no cutting, just used one of the "automatic" wire stripper to slice and spread the wire sheathing apart and wrapped the load resistor around it on the outside two wires and that was it - worked the first time on both lights.

All that white light and incandescent bulbs looks like shit - but at least it isn't one flickering HID and a yellow bulb anymore. New ballasts, wiring relay and I've got some plans for some driving lights - I'm thinking 3600 lumens of driving lights would be awesome...
Fidanza 8lb 131 of 2150

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->