Another Gear Rollover & Hotline Report - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
scada
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107778
What I Drive: 2013, Silver, Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 scada Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Another Gear Rollover & Hotline Report

So I brought my 2013 S to the dealer because it was making a noise in neutral that went away when you depressed the clutch pedal.

They diagnosed it as the gear rollover issue and wrote it is a 'normal characteristic of this vehicle'.

It goes on to say see Hotline Report # 106042769

Anyone know where I can get this hotline report?

Old 01-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
Squirlyjim
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102801
What I Drive: Fords

FF Reputation: 1 Squirlyjim Good Standing Member
That is the report #between the tech and Ford you have to ask the dealer service if he will get a copy for you
Old 01-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
scada
Focus Enthusiast

Ok I looked at the paper work I was given and I have a copy of the Hotline Report. Apparently the report is where the tech called Ford for assistance. This is what it says:

'This noise is referred to as neutral gear rollover noise and it is also common for these transmissions as it is the MTX-75. It is common to any manual transaxle with a four cylinder engine.

Neutral gear rollover noise is a product of the gears in the transmission reacting to the normal firing pulsations of the four cylinder engine. This noise is usually more pronounced when hot or with the A/C compressor engaged. Disassembly of the transmission is not recommended as it will not reveal a concern.

Neutral Gear rollover noise is not detrimental to the duration of the transmission or the vehicle and no repairs are recommended.'
Old 01-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
scada
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirlyjim View Post
That is the report #between the tech and Ford you have to ask the dealer service if he will get a copy for you
Squirlyjim; Thank you for getting back to me. Yeah I looked thru the paper work that was given to me and found the report.

Bookmarks & Social Networks