Issues with Spotify and BT - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
Stryker412
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79767
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Sterling Grey

Points 306, Level 6
Points: 306, Level: 6 Points: 306, Level: 6 Points: 306, Level: 6
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Stryker412 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Issues with Spotify and BT

Anyone else having the fun bug where if listening to Spotify songs will skip randomly to the next song over BT? If I connect via USB it does not do this.

Also, how do I stop sync from automatically playing songs on my iPhone as soon as it is disconnected. I have it turned off in the settings yet it still does it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
TehMark
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87530
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 1,641, Level 23
Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23 Points: 1,641, Level: 23
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 1 TehMark Good Standing Member
Yep, I've posted a lot about it but it seems like most people don't actually pay for Spotify premium so they don't have this issue. I can tell you that the problem is specific to the new version of MFT (3.5.X). Older versions do not experience the issue. The problem seems related to the track time being displayed incorrectly at least in some way. You will also have this problem on Rdio so don't bother switching services. There is no fix for the problem. Not sure on the autoplay question as I've never tried to disable it. I know Spotify released an update about 2 weeks ago. Are you using the new version of that App by chance? I haven't tested this functionality in a while because I've given up on it being fixed. I first had the problem in November.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
I use android and slacker. No problems here. Sorry! ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using FF Mobile HD
Old 03-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
TehMark
Focus Addict

Points 1,641, Level 23
Level Up 41% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
This is specific to iOS
Old 03-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

Points 571, Level 11
Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
Anyone else having the fun bug where if listening to Spotify songs will skip randomly to the next song over BT? If I connect via USB it does not do this.
It's related to the added song timer in 3.5.1. Here are some ways you can fix the issue temporarily by trying to get the timer to stop working:
1. Do a master reset of MFT. Remember to delete phone and unplug everything before hand.
2. Delete phone and do a fresh pair. Remember to "forget" SYNC on iPhone too.
3. Toggle off/on Bluetooth Audio. It's a button with a light on it in MFT, paired phone settings.
4. Do nothing. Maybe pray on it. It may stop working on its own.
None of these steps guarantee a fix. When I get the skip bug, I just plug into USB and try BT another day. Right now, my song timer isn't working so I don't have the bug, but who knows when it will come back on its own. I pay for Spotify Premium and use it as my only source for music. The recent Spotify update made it function and look A LOT better but it did not fix the MFT bug.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:53 AM   #6
PennSt8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87697
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Sdn & 2011 BMW 535i

FF Reputation: 1 PennSt8 Good Standing Member
Same issue....at least it's not just me.

I've found if you pause it for a few moments and resume play, MFT will stop skipping songs randomly. Having said that, this only works about half the time.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #7
TehMark
Focus Addict

Points 1,641, Level 23
Level Up 41% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
Here is my thread on the Ford boards if you want to jump in and add your complaint. They probably won't ever fix it if we don't whine enough.

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...yncmb&tid=6567
Old 03-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
gsxrboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103574
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 gsxrboy Good Standing Member
Here is an article talking about the same issues you guys are having.

http://gizmodo.com/5990142/why-i-dit...protocol-droid

Why I Ditched the iPhone: My Very Own Protocol Droid
Jamie Dihiansan - 37signals
I've been a die-hard "Apple evangelist" for over twenty years - first an avid Mac user, then an early adopter of both iPod and iPhone. In the 90s, when everyone I knew used Windows, I tried to switch them to Mac. In the 2000s, when everyone had Creative-brand MP3 players, I tried to switch them to iPod and iTunes. A few months ago I switched from iPhone to Android. Now the running joke is that I've become an Android evangelist.
4 Specific Jobs Android Does Better
In all seriousness I'm surprised I like Android as much as I do. I don't want this to be yet another tech-blog "Why I switched to Android" essay. There are a bunch of those online already. This is not a manifesto about the "openness" of Android. This isn't a "these are the apps I installed to approximate my old iPhone" article either. Instead, this is my personal experience with both iPhone and Android. I'll focus on 4 specific jobs I believe Android is better at than my old iPhone:

1. Audio on-the-go.
I know what you're thinking: iPhone does this perfectly well. And it does, to a point. With the iPhone, I had problems with Bluetooth streaming. While driving I'd play something from my iTunes library via Bluetooth. The music would stream from the iPhone to the car stereo. Absolute magic. Sometimes I'd switch to Spotify for the Radio feature. Again, awesome. Exiting and entering the car then reconnecting via Bluetooth, however, would reveal a quirk. iPhone always defaulted to the iTunes library. It didn't matter if I was listening to Spotify when I left the car. Once I got back in the car and the Bluetooth connection was established, bam iTunes. Thanks iPhone, I don't want iTunes now actually. I want Spotify.

I'm also an iTunes Match customer. iTunes Match is Apple's "cloud music" offering. That means the music doesn't have to physically be on the iPhone. When you play a song it will stream from the iTunes Match "cloud". The problem with this is sometimes iTunes Match flakes out. In my case it would flake out quite a bit. Sometimes it would take a while to authenticate. Sometimes it would hang on a song because of buffering.

This wasn't a huge annoyance for me though. Twenty years of using Macs conditioned me to think, "well, that's the Apple way." It's such a small price to pay for such a user-friendly device. Besides, why does this annoy me? I should be grateful. This is incredible technology. Apple is probably working on a fix with iOS 7. It's not a big deal.

Then I switched to Android.

Full size

When I first connected Android to the car Bluetooth I thought, "wow, that was 5 minutes faster than the iPhone." Most importantly, Android appreciates that I use different apps for listening to music. When I listen to Spotify, exit and enter the car and reconnect via Bluetooth, Android still serves up Spotify.

Google's cloud music offering also seems to work better than iTunes Match. There's less start-up lag. Google will even allow you to add up to 20,000 songs from your iTunes library for free. For example, I pre-ordered the new David Bowie album exclusive to iTunes a few months ago. It was downloaded this morning on iTunes. In less than a minute I'm listening to it on Android. Between Google Music and Spotify I'm pretty well covered.

What started as a small annoyance on the iPhone became an eye-opener on Android. Since the introduction of the iPod and iTunes, I saw Apple as a leader in the world of digital music. While my iPhone music problems were minor, I had assumed there simply was no better way other than the one Apple had designed. Yet here was Android doing it just a little bit better. Maybe Apple didn't have it figured out after all.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/gsxrboy/focus
Old 03-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #9
Stryker412
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79767
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Sterling Grey

Points 306, Level 6
Points: 306, Level: 6 Points: 306, Level: 6 Points: 306, Level: 6
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Stryker412 Good Standing Member
It's definitely an MFT issue. I used the BT in my wife's Hyundai today with no issues using Spotify. I will post on the Ford thread to add my voice.

I also don't understand why cover art (over USB) works randomly with Spotify too.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #10
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

Points 571, Level 11
Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
It's definitely an MFT issue. I used the BT in my wife's Hyundai today with no issues using Spotify. I will post on the Ford thread to add my voice.

I also don't understand why cover art (over USB) works randomly with Spotify too.
On USB, cover art will only show if you leave the phone screen on with Spotify open and on the album screen. Since it's charging anyway, it shouldn't drain your phone too much.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.