Is this really normal? - Page 20 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #191
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityCubed View Post
Mine was the same way after they replaced my clutches and seals.. for about two weeks.
Maybe there is something wrong with the transmission programing that is causing the tranny to "eat" clutches? It doesn't make sense some of the issues people are having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendarus View Post
Take it back and make them do it again. Obviously they didn't replace the seals properly.
I can't get mine to do it the first time haha . I don't think Infinity's dealer will do it again

*in other news, we now have a whale face emoji . Sweet hahaahah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #192
Sprint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87069
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Sprint Good Standing Member
Quote:
Mine was the same way after they replaced my clutches and seals.. for about two weeks.
Can you describe in more detail what happened? So they replaced clutches / seals and it started grinding again?

- to the same degree as before?
- in the same way?

You have the perfect scenario to bring it back in again since they recognized the issue initially and tried to fix it.

Why not take in again?

Mine's been fine for 3 months after clutch replacement - if the problems started again I'd have it back into the dealer in a minute since once they've tried to fix it once they are on the hook to keep going until it is fixed (I would say even after warranty expiration though hopefully it would not go that far).

Question to Ford Customer Service Rep - What's you advice on this?
Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #193
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
Can you describe in more detail what happened? So they replaced clutches / seals and it started grinding again?

- in the same way?

You have the perfect scenario to bring it back in again since they recognized the issue initially and tried to fix it.

Why not take in again?

Mine's been fine for 3 months after clutch replacement - if the problems started again I'd have it back into the dealer in a minute since once they've tried to fix it once they are on the hook to keep going until it is fixed (I would say even after warranty expiration though hopefully it would not go that far).

Haven't see the costumer service rep in a while so I am not sure they will respond

I wanna say that Infinity has taken his Focus back to the dealer and they did not attempt to fix it.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #194
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
...Again - no offence to the CS rep who posts here but it's clear the Ford CS is not effective on this issue or is not being given the tools to help get resolution to the issue in a fair manner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
Yeah the CS is really a mess. While I appreciate Cory and Sandra's help :) it really has not accomplished anything as of yet...
Hi Sprint and snow12,

I know this has been a frustrating experience for both of you. Please keep us posted on how things go for you moving forward; if you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 02-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #195
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
Quote:

- in the same way?

Why not take in again?

If you look back to my post in this thread before this one, I just got it back from the dealer. The dealer I got the clutch and seals replaced at is 3 weeks behind on transmission work (wonder why) and will not give me a rental for that time. The dealer I took it to instead said it's fine nothing is wrong with it. Just check out my previous posts in this thread and you'll see what's going on.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #196
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
If you look back to my post in this thread before this one, I just got it back from the dealer. The dealer I got the clutch and seals replaced at is 3 weeks behind on transmission work (wonder why) and will not give me a rental for that time. The dealer I took it to instead said it's fine nothing is wrong with it. Just check out my previous posts in this thread and you'll see what's going on.
3 weeks behind? who would have thunk it

Tonight I was actually talking to someone who also owned a Focus. She got so tired of the transmission that she traded it in on Monday for a Fusion. Can you believe that they took money off her trade because they "think it has transmission trouble". I guess its only not normal when a Ford dealer is buying
Old 02-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #197
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Oh and I am with you on the loaner thing. I'm lucky that one even remotely close still does the loaner thing.

My local dealer has a shuttle service that travels no more than 7 miles from the dealership. They must expect you to have friends who can drop everything and wake up early to take your car; they must also expect you to have someone who will drive you everywhere. They can kiss my [bootyshak

My current loaner is a 2013 Jetta which I honestly have to say is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The interior is cheaper I will say but it does drive nice, the 2.5 is thirsty though! Wholly moly back seat too lol I just can't get over the bland ness
Old 02-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #198
F35-JSF
Focus Addict

Fan#: 102775
What I Drive: 12' Tuxedo Black SE, 08' ZZR-600

FF Reputation: 2 F35-JSF Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
3 weeks behind? who would have thunk it

Tonight I was actually talking to someone who also owned a Focus. She got so tired of the transmission that she traded it in on Monday for a Fusion. Can you believe that they took money off her trade because they "think it has transmission trouble". I guess its only not normal when a Ford dealer is buying
That's beyond wrong.... I would have to the service history reports of "normal operation" and threw them in their face. Then went to another dealership never to return.
:lol:Modding is whatever you define it as. Some people wanna boost, some people need 10 TVs, and some of these homos feel compelled to LED their cars front to back.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #199
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by F35-JSF View Post
That's beyond wrong.... I would have to the service history reports of "normal operation" and threw them in their face. Then went to another dealership never to return.
Thats exactly what I told her. She just said "I was just done with it, done arguing with morons and being stressed about it"; she has actually had it pretty bad with her car all sorts of things breaking and the transmission always giving her issues. At one point she started about it (<-should specify this was actually an earlier date, when the car made her late to class)

She likes her Fusion though but "it will be my last Ford ever" is what she says. The only reason she traded and got another Ford was because they gave her "much higher" (never specified) for the Focus than other dealers.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #200
Sprint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87069
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Sprint Good Standing Member
Quote:
Actually I did read your previous post before making my comment.

You said yesterday that you DID have your clutches / seals replaced ---> "Mine was the same way after they replaced my clutches and seals.. for about two weeks"

You said later yesterday that you DID NOT have your clutches / seals replaced: ---> " The dealer I took it to instead said it's fine nothing is wrong with it".

Were they replaced or not?

The reason I'm interested in this is that I've yet to see a clear cut case where clutches / seals are replaced and the problem reoccurring which is of interest to us all because if this fix works well, then once we get it done once, we're good, otherwise, we'll need to let Ford know these replacements are not working well.

Bookmarks & Social Networks