Is this really normal? - Page 19 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #181
PratoN
Focus Fanatic
 
PratoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88058
Location: Milwaukee, WI
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Posts: 3,911
Points 2,875, Level 32
Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendarus View Post
You could just ask them to remove the transmission and check the clutches for oil contamination. I would also ask to be there and take photos. I know it's a risk, but it might be worth it if you plan to keep the car.....
This is pretty much the situation that I am in. I've already paid the transmission technician $109 to drive my car around and not fix anything. I should have just skipped the driving session and told him to go straight to the bell housing.
__________________
2012 FF Ti HB Kona Blue, Built 5/24/2011, 401A + Ti Handling Package, Parking Technology Package, Winter Package, Moonroof, and MFT w/NAV at v3.6 100k miles and counting...
PratoN is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #182
snow12
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108999
Location: Not Ava, United States
What I Drive: Car

Posts: 247
FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendarus View Post
You could just ask them to remove the transmission and check the clutches for oil contamination. I would also ask to be there and take photos. I know it's a risk, but it might be worth it if you plan to keep the car.....
Thats if I could even convince them to do that Unfortunately I don't think they would

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
This is pretty much the situation that I am in. I've already paid the transmission technician $109 to drive my car around and not fix anything. I should have just skipped the driving session and told him to go straight to the bell housing.
You can pay me only $100 and ill drive your car for you!

Thats pretty crap though that they charge that much, I mean really they are sitting in an air conditioned car driving around
snow12 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #183
Strix
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85696
Location: Northville, MI
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Posts: 582
Points 534, Level 10
Points: 534, Level: 10 Points: 534, Level: 10 Points: 534, Level: 10
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Update on my car: After leaving it for three business days at another dealership, very little has been fixed.

They replaced one of the upper strut mounts... the clunking seems to be greatly reduced on that side, but the other side is still messed up. And the clicking noises when turning the steering wheel have actually increased. It does seem to ride slightly better... but only on one side.

The transmission was reprogrammed again, and it still vibrates when it shifts into 4th gear. I knew changing the software wasn't going to correct that problem. It's slightly improved, shift-wise, for now... but I bet it will be driving like usual (i.e., like a piece of shit) by the end of next week, as the 'adaptive learning' remaps the throttle and shift points and turns the car into a gutless slug.

And it still moves after being parked because 'hill start assist' is still active with the shifter in 'park'.

I'm ready to give up. I should just get used to the fact that I up when I bought this car, and I up when I took it to Hines Park Ford and let them ruin it.

It's going to clunk and vibrate for as long as I own it, so I might as well get used to it, or get rid of it (I would if I could). I suppose I should just be glad it hasn't left me stranded on the side of the road yet.

I'm thinking that the money I am spending on rental car liability waivers every other month would probably be better spent on a therapist to teach me how to cope with this bullshit. LOL

Last edited by Strix; 02-19-2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: typos
Strix is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #184
snow12
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108999
Location: Not Ava, United States
What I Drive: Car

Posts: 247
FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
Update on my car: After leaving it for three business days at another dealership, very little has been fixed.

They replaced one of the upper strut mounts... the clunking seems to be greatly reduced on that side, but the other side is still messed up. And the clicking noises when turning the steering wheel have actually increased. It does seem to ride slightly better... but only on one side.

The transmission was reprogrammed again, and it still vibrates when it shifts into 4th gear. I knew changing the software wasn't going to correct that problem. It's slightly improved, shift-wise, for now... but I bet it will be driving like usual (i.e., like a piece of shit) by the end of next week, as the 'adaptive learning' remaps the throttle and shift points and turns the car into a gutless slug.

And it still moves after being parked because 'hill start assist' is still active with the shifter in 'park'.

I'm ready to give up. I should just get used to the fact that I up when I bought this car, and I up when I took it to Hines Park Ford and let them ruin it.

It's going to clunk and vibrate for as long as I own it, so I might as well get used to it, or get rid of it (I would if I could). I suppose I should just be glad it hasn't left me stranded on the side of the road yet.

I'm thinking that the money I am spending on rental car liability waivers every other month would probably be better spent on a therapist to teach me how to cope with this bullshit. LOL
You shouldn't have to cope with it though! Granted I guess you are right about the leaving stranded part but with the overheating and such I really don't trust mine right now. I'm hoping the dealer at least will check for a leak.

Have you looked into the lemon law?
snow12 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #185
Pendarus
Focus Enthusiast
 
Pendarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 94411
Location: Fullerton, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr

Posts: 136
FF Reputation: 2 Pendarus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
Thats if I could even convince them to do that Unfortunately I don't think they would
They will if you are willing to pay for the time if nothing is found. That's why I said it was a risk, and you should be there to take pictures.
__________________
Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr Titanium Handling Package
Ordered: 01/28/12
Vin: 02/20/12
Build Date: 03/06/12
Delivery Date: 03/30/12
Pendarus is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 12:42 AM   #186
snow12
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108999
Location: Not Ava, United States
What I Drive: Car

Posts: 247
FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendarus View Post
They will if you are willing to pay for the time if nothing is found. That's why I said it was a risk, and you should be there to take pictures.
While they will most likely find something there is no way in heck I would do that simply because of the morals of the situation...they should not have to be enticed to fix something they are already supposed too...alas that is probably how most mechanics operate now
snow12 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 01:09 AM   #187
trelaflip
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 109743
Location: Regina, Canada
What I Drive: 2013 Black Hatch Se

Posts: 21
FF Reputation: 1 trelaflip Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just updated my thread. Got my car back from the dealer today. They replaced the clutches and seals. All grinding and weird sounds are gone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
trelaflip is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 01:12 AM   #188
snow12
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108999
Location: Not Ava, United States
What I Drive: Car

Posts: 247
FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trelaflip View Post
I just updated my thread. Got my car back from the dealer today. They replaced the clutches and seals. All grinding and weird sounds are gone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
You taunt me with your fixed transmission . Im gonna virtually beat you up JKing

Glad it all worked out
snow12 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #189
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 95846
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

Posts: 151
FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trelaflip View Post
I just updated my thread. Got my car back from the dealer today. They replaced the clutches and seals. All grinding and weird sounds are gone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
Mine was the same way after they replaced my clutches and seals.. for about two weeks.
InfinityCubed is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #190
Pendarus
Focus Enthusiast
 
Pendarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 94411
Location: Fullerton, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr

Posts: 136
FF Reputation: 2 Pendarus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityCubed View Post
Mine was the same way after they replaced my clutches and seals.. for about two weeks.
Take it back and make them do it again. Obviously they didn't replace the seals properly.
__________________
Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr Titanium Handling Package
Ordered: 01/28/12
Vin: 02/20/12
Build Date: 03/06/12
Delivery Date: 03/30/12
Pendarus is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Cadillac ATS-V, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.