Is this really normal? - Page 18 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #171
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
ECU reprograming fixes everything Strix! Gosh don't you know this
In more than 25 years of repairing computers, I've never seen a hardware fault corrected by reinstalling software... but I suppose there's a first time for everything.

Sometimes I think Ford is from Bizarro World... where black is white, up is down, dealerships don't fix problems they cause them, and having a warranty means your problem isn't getting fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #172
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
In more than 25 years of repairing computers, I've never seen a hardware fault corrected by reinstalling software... but I suppose there's a first time for everything.

Sometimes I think Ford is from Bizarro World... where black is white, up is down, dealerships don't fix problems they cause them, and having a warranty means your problem isn't getting fixed.
I hear they are making a vacuum cleaner that puts out dust, a computer that ask you to do all of the mathematical calculations, a TV that you have to entertain, exhaust systems that function as intakes, and a whole bunch of other cool stuff

Sorry I get a little carried away

But yeah I mean in some cases a ECU reset might help but when its already been done multiple times I think its time to try something else
Old 02-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #173
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
As an update; I got mine back on Friday after having taken it in on Tuesday. They said "everything is normal" and refused to do any more work on it. I clearly told them that it doesn't make the sound until after the adaptive learning process completes, and as such to make sure they DO NOT reset the TCM. I watched the service manager write it on the paper. When I got it back, the TCM had been reset.

When on my way to work the next day (Saturday) I was sitting at a red light after having been driving the car for roughly ten minutes. I turned right and gave it a normal amount of gas. It stuck in first gear. When it got to about 25 mph or so and high revs, I let off the gas as I noticed it wasn't shifting. As soon as I let off the gas, it shifted into second. The same thing happened as I continued my acceleration in second gear until I let off the gas again and it shifted into third. The car is unsafe to drive, and this isn't the first time it's done something like this. I've turned the car on several times and shifted it into Drive, and it just sits there and revs. It doesn't move until I shift it back into park and back into drive again.

My Ford CSM (Wendy) called me today to see how everything went since they never got the engineer that they were supposed to involved or anything, and I told her the story. She informed me that I could authorize a "tear-down" of the car, which the dealership will not do without my permission because if they do it and they don't find anything wrong, the engineers will not authorize them to get paid for the work. She said aside from that there's not much else she can do (Really? Ford Corporate has their hands tied?) so I informed her I had an attorney lined up and would be declaring the car a lemon.

It's sad because I really love the car and everything about it (except the shoddy DCT). Had I gotten a manual, I think I would be a much happier person right now. I'm definitely not buying another Ford after the way I've been treated.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #174
ctvfam
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 106805
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 1 ctvfam Good Standing Member
That is so not cool....
Old 02-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #175
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityCubed View Post
As an update; I got mine back on Friday after having taken it in on Tuesday. They said "everything is normal" and refused to do any more work on it. I clearly told them that it doesn't make the sound until after the adaptive learning process completes, and as such to make sure they DO NOT reset the TCM. I watched the service manager write it on the paper. When I got it back, the TCM had been reset.

When on my way to work the next day (Saturday) I was sitting at a red light after having been driving the car for roughly ten minutes. I turned right and gave it a normal amount of gas. It stuck in first gear. When it got to about 25 mph or so and high revs, I let off the gas as I noticed it wasn't shifting. As soon as I let off the gas, it shifted into second. The same thing happened as I continued my acceleration in second gear until I let off the gas again and it shifted into third. The car is unsafe to drive, and this isn't the first time it's done something like this. I've turned the car on several times and shifted it into Drive, and it just sits there and revs. It doesn't move until I shift it back into park and back into drive again.

My Ford CSM (Wendy) called me today to see how everything went since they never got the engineer that they were supposed to involved or anything, and I told her the story. She informed me that I could authorize a "tear-down" of the car, which the dealership will not do without my permission because if they do it and they don't find anything wrong, the engineers will not authorize them to get paid for the work. She said aside from that there's not much else she can do (Really? Ford Corporate has their hands tied?) so I informed her I had an attorney lined up and would be declaring the car a lemon.

It's sad because I really love the car and everything about it (except the shoddy DCT). Had I gotten a manual, I think I would be a much happier person right now. I'm definitely not buying another Ford after the way I've been treated.
I've had mine do a similar thing when making a left hand turn as well. It has only ever done it twice but that is definitely something that is scary. Imagine if you are turing in front of oncoming traffic and there power is just not there, not good.

Do you think you have a good case for the lemon law? It requires a lot of steps from what i've read.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #176
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

In my state, the car has to be brought in 4 times for the same repair, and the problem must either cause a safety issue while driving, or devalue the resale price of the car. The problem i have does both. Anyone who test drove it to buy it from me would immediately notice the noise. I've read your posts so far Snow so I know you know what I'm talking about.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #177
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
In my state, the car has to be brought in 4 times for the same repair, and the problem must either cause a safety issue while driving, or devalue the resale price of the car. The problem i have does both. Anyone who test drove it to buy it from me would immediately notice the noise. I've read your posts so far Snow so I know you know what I'm talking about.
Yup! I know exactly what you are talking about. My state its 3 attempts but otherwise the same specifications about devaluing etc.

I am trying not to have to lemon law mine but I guess there comes a point where I have to just say "im done"

What do you plan on getting if you do LL it?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #178
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

I have no idea to be honest. I'd be back at square one doing research to see what kind of car would fit my lifestyle. Has to be decent on gas and able to reliably get me from point A to point B. My college is almost an hour away and I deliver pizza for a living so I spend a lot of time in my car.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #179
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I have no idea to be honest. I'd be back at square one doing research to see what kind of car would fit my lifestyle. Has to be decent on gas and able to reliably get me from point A to point B. My college is almost an hour away and I deliver pizza for a living so I spend a lot of time in my car.
Same here with the college commute. 30 Minute drive that is an hour with traffic . I would be in the same situation because I really am not sure if I like a lot of the other cars in this class I like you just can't keep with this going back and forth from the dealer BS
Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #180
Pendarus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94411
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 Pendarus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
Same here with the college commute. 30 Minute drive that is an hour with traffic . I would be in the same situation because I really am not sure if I like a lot of the other cars in this class I like you just can't keep with this going back and forth from the dealer BS
You could just ask them to remove the transmission and check the clutches for oil contamination. I would also ask to be there and take photos. I know it's a risk, but it might be worth it if you plan to keep the car.....
Build Date: 03/06/12
Delivery Date: 03/30/12

Bookmarks & Social Networks