Is this really normal? - Page 11 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #101
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
I think there is something bigger going on here. My dealer is awesome. The people there are great and all the service writers (I think thats what they are called) are excellent. I have a sneaking suspicion that what is going on is that Ford is telling the dealers NOT to replace the parts because if they do Fords not gonna pay.

When I talk the them about the problem it almost seems like they are reading off of a script where as when I asked about something else they seemed more "open" about discussing and ultimately fixing it.

I would trade but in only 6 months the car has lost 7,000 of its value and there are literally a ton of used ones in my area which should make a statement of its own; why are there so many used 2012 Foci on the market? These aren't the enterprise ones either! These are SEL and Titanium ones that are loaded! I think more people are having problems than most of us think, they just don't post here.
No there were still a lot of SEL and or Titanium rentals as the fleet pricing was still rather attractive, and in some places they were charging more $/day for the loaded ones with nav and other features.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #102
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
No there were still a lot of SEL and or Titanium rentals as the fleet pricing was still rather attractive, and in some places they were charging more $/day for the loaded ones with nav and other features.
Really? I had no clue, most of the rentals I see are usually SE models. In that case disregard my reference to the trim levels in my post

Last edited by snow12; 02-07-2013 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Missing Coma!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #103
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Really? I had no clue, most of the rentals I see are usually SE models. In that case disregard my reference to the trim levels in my post
I have definitely seen several budget rental SEL sedans show up at work before when engineers were visiting from out of town, often times with leather seats, etc.

Maybe not all of them were SEL or Ti models, but there were still a lot of cars in total.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #104
powermax
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105453
What I Drive: Ex 2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 2 powermax Good Standing Member
Quote:
I think there is something bigger going on here. My dealer is awesome. The people there are great and all the service writers (I think thats what they are called) are excellent. I have a sneaking suspicion that what is going on is that Ford is telling the dealers NOT to replace the parts because if they do Fords not gonna pay.

When I talk the them about the problem it almost seems like they are reading off of a script where as when I asked about something else they seemed more "open" about discussing and ultimately fixing it.

I would trade but in only 6 months the car has lost 7,000 of its value and there are literally a ton of used ones in my area which should make a statement of its own; why are there so many used 2012 Foci on the market? These aren't the enterprise ones either! These are SEL and Titanium ones that are loaded! I think more people are having problems than most of us think, they just don't post here.
I've rented 2 fully loaded titanium with active parking assist as midsize car at YYZ (Toronto Airport) from National rent a car.

One with 12000km and the other with 29000 km. Both exactly same behavior after long drives the Clutch noise (grinding noise) showed up and after long traffic jam on the DVP s little shudder that stopped after the clutches cooled down. Total I've driven at least 10 focus and they all behave the same.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #105
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gostinger View Post
A couple of months ago my CSM at Ford Canada (who are supposedly awesome) said and I quote "my hands are tied". I traded my 2011 Focus SE for this ongoing nightmare.
There’s a PM from me waiting in your inbox, gostinger.

Quote:
...My dealer is awesome. The people there are great and all the service writers (I think thats what they are called) are excellent...
snow12,

In case you missed my previous post, I made sure Sandra is set to call you. Please drop me a line via PM if you want any info forwarded before then.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 02-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #106
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
snow12,

In case you missed my previous post, I made sure Sandra is set to call you. Please drop me a line via PM if you want any info forwarded before then.

Cory
I saw it Cory! Still in contact with Sandra. Thanks
Old 02-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #107
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

An update for anyone who cares

I was driving in bumper to bumper...to bumper traffic and I got a really awesome message from the car!

"Transmission too hot press brake"

Well I was in the middle lane so there was no way for me to get off easily so I had to keep moving. Then I got some more words of wisdom...

"Transmission is overheating stop safely"

After stoping the car said

"Transmission hot please wait 6 mins"

Never had this happen before so this is really weird.

Is this really how this car handles traffic or is it just my Focus? I don't have another one to compare it to
Old 02-09-2013, 04:50 AM   #108
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Quote:
An update for anyone who cares

I was driving in bumper to bumper...to bumper traffic and I got a really awesome message from the car!

"Transmission too hot press brake"

Well I was in the middle lane so there was no way for me to get off easily so I had to keep moving. Then I got some more words of wisdom...

"Transmission is overheating stop safely"

After stoping the car said

"Transmission hot please wait 6 mins"

Never had this happen before so this is really weird.

Is this really how this car handles traffic or is it just my Focus? I don't have another one to compare it to
Quite a few members here have experienced exactly this.

I drive in bumper to bumper traffic almost every day and have luckily not experienced this yet. How many miles do you have on your focus?
Old 02-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #109
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
Quite a few members here have experienced exactly this.

I drive in bumper to bumper traffic almost every day and have luckily not experienced this yet. How many miles do you have on your focus?
I have about 9000 miles on my Focus. Good job Ford...a transmission that can't even handle everyday traffic
Old 02-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #110
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Another update!

I have been doing my research on Automated Manual transmissions and found some other vehicles that have them. I knew the VW and Audi cars had them but I also found the Hyundai Veloster did as well! So on to do a test on drivability with the help of the good old "test drive" .

The VW GTI drove like a dream! This thing shifted unlike anything have experienced, it was great! The only thing in common was the shake when you first started moving; after that there was non of the "normal" grinding sounds at all and this thing knocked the shifts out like clockwork! Super quick!

The Veloster is a freaking weird car let me just say that But it also has a DCT and again did not make the grinding noises that Ford states are normal. The Hyundai is definitely slower at shifting compared to the VW, it feels more like a regular automatic transmission in that regard. It also has that same shake when you first start but thats all!

Ford is full of s**t when they say this is normal because its an Automated Manual! Its not normal for Automated Manuals as a whole its only normal for the Ford one which is s**t (at least mine) compared to the VW one! Heck I would even say the Hyundai one was a bit better, the Focus did sift quicker though but definitely not as smooth.

Still don't like either of these cars though! The Focus design appeals to me more however the VW engine and transmission are excellent!

Bookmarks & Social Networks