Is this really normal? - Page 10 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #91
Pendarus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94411
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 Pendarus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
Best CSM I have talked to yet. She actually seemed to fell bad about my situation. She has offered a couple of things out of good will but I am not sure if I will accept them. She gets a A++

I am still unhappy with Ford though so don't take this as me being a happy costumer! I am pissed that I was never told this car had this transmission until after I purchased; oh and its not on the window sticker either, seems like information I would like to know. This car is also going to be a bi**h to sell if I ever have to, try explaining to someone that the "grinding" sounds are normal.

And of course In traffic today this car was a nightmare, like normal

Thanks for setting up the call Cory! I'm still working with the CSM so ill let you know what happens.
If it's the oil leak in the tranny, and they fix it properly, it should work a treat. Mines never had an issue, knock on wood. When it's working properly it's very nice, quiet and smooth.

Good Luck! I hope it all works out.
Build Date: 03/06/12
Delivery Date: 03/30/12
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #92
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,149, Level 34
Points: 3,149, Level: 34 Points: 3,149, Level: 34 Points: 3,149, Level: 34
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Best CSM I have talked to yet...Thanks for setting up the call Cory! I'm still working with the CSM so ill let you know what happens.
snow12,

You’re welcome! I know she’ll do everything in her power to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendarus View Post
...Mines never had an issue, knock on wood. When it's working properly it's very nice, quiet and smooth...
This kind of support is great to see, Pendarus; thanks.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 02-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #93
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendarus View Post
If it's the oil leak in the tranny, and they fix it properly, it should work a treat. Mines never had an issue, knock on wood. When it's working properly it's very nice, quiet and smooth.

Good Luck! I hope it all works out.
Thanks! For some reason I have the suspicion it is an oil leak because the issues has progressively gotten worse; more oil on the clutches over time contaminating them more causing the issue to become worse maybe?

They have finally get the MyFord Touch system in my car to work semi-okay so now I just want the transmission fixed! Haha I probably should have waited a year or so before buying a new model
Old 02-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #94
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
Snow! Feel free to check a look at roughly the first half of my story here:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292311

The CSM eventually stops answering your calls, (I guess they have callerID) they stop returning your messages and nothing really gets done. I took mine in to the dealership about 2 months ago talking about TSB 11-12-13, and they checked my clutches etc. They said no oil was leaking, but the clutch was shredded so they replaced it with a new one. A week later the grinding was back, and still persists.

I guess my only option now is to write a formal complaint to Ford so that I can go ahead with the Lemon Law proceedings. Unless someone has another idea?

Also I should note that the 11-12-13 TSB where they replace your clutch and seals has worked for some and not worked for some to resolve the issue, so you may want to give that a go.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #95
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityCubed View Post
Snow! Feel free to check a look at roughly the first half of my story here:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292311

The CSM eventually stops answering your calls, (I guess they have callerID) they stop returning your messages and nothing really gets done. I took mine in to the dealership about 2 months ago talking about TSB 11-12-13, and they checked my clutches etc. They said no oil was leaking, but the clutch was shredded so they replaced it with a new one. A week later the grinding was back, and still persists.

I guess my only option now is to write a formal complaint to Ford so that I can go ahead with the Lemon Law proceedings. Unless someone has another idea?

Also I should note that the 11-12-13 TSB where they replace your clutch and seals has worked for some and not worked for some to resolve the issue, so you may want to give that a go.
Yeah depending on your state go ahead and send that letter because many require it! I am definitely hoping that I don't have to go through the lemon law process but I am prepared to if needed. What I would recommend is going ahead and starting the BBB claim process as it cost nothing and will accomplish the same thing for you. Of course if you feel more comfortable you can always hire a lawyer. Good Luck, it really sucks to such a large company treat people this way!

Oh and my dealer won't do the TSB because "nothing is wrong with the car" What a joke
Old 02-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #96
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
Wow, that's crazy that they won't even look at it for you.

I have found a lot of lawyers in my area that fee-shift the attorney fees to the dealer once they win the case. I'm thinking this may be a better option than just going through the BBB process.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #97
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Wow, that's crazy that they won't even look at it for you.

I have found a lot of lawyers in my area that fee-shift the attorney fees to the dealer once they win the case. I'm thinking this may be a better option than just going through the BBB process.
Haha all i can say is its Ford

and yeah that actually would probably give you the upper hand having a lawyer and hey for free if they win the case i'd say go for it!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #98
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,149, Level 34
Points: 3,149, Level: 34 Points: 3,149, Level: 34 Points: 3,149, Level: 34
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Thanks! For some reason I have the suspicion it is an oil leak because the issues has progressively gotten worse...
snow12,

I’ve made sure Sandra is scheduled a follow-up with you next week. Let me know via PM if you want to be contacted before that.

Quote:
...The CSM eventually stops answering your calls...
I want to arrange for your regional customer service manager to call, InfinityCubed. Please send me a PM with your VIN, full name, best daytime phone number, dealer name/state, and approximate mileage.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 02-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #99
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44867
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
A couple of months ago my CSM at Ford Canada (who are supposedly awesome) said and I quote "my hands are tied". I traded my 2011 Focus SE for this ongoing nightmare.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #100
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostinger View Post
A couple of months ago my CSM at Ford Canada (who are supposedly awesome) said and I quote "my hands are tied". I traded my 2011 Focus SE for this ongoing nightmare.
I think there is something bigger going on here. My dealer is awesome. The people there are great and all the service writers (I think thats what they are called) are excellent. I have a sneaking suspicion that what is going on is that Ford is telling the dealers NOT to replace the parts because if they do Fords not gonna pay.

When I talk the them about the problem it almost seems like they are reading off of a script where as when I asked about something else they seemed more "open" about discussing and ultimately fixing it.

I would trade but in only 6 months the car has lost 7,000 of its value and there are literally a ton of used ones in my area which should make a statement of its own; why are there so many used 2012 Foci on the market? These aren't the enterprise ones either! These are SEL and Titanium ones that are loaded! I think more people are having problems than most of us think, they just don't post here.

Last edited by snow12; 02-07-2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Opps read your post wrong :)

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.