Poll: SVT, Eibach or Tein? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Get the Tein, SVT or Eibach
Tien 6 21.43%
SVT 2 7.14%
Eibach 13 46.43%
Make up your own damn mind, what do I look like, the Mirror Mirror on the Wall? 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2004, 01:40 AM   #1
focusonthefocus
Gan-San!

Fan#: 1411
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 focusonthefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Poll: SVT, Eibach or Tein?

First performance upgrade for my stock ZX3 PZEV:

I have those three different suspenion kits (entry level: springs etc.) to choose from for my 21st birthday! Hoot! My father is leaning toward the Eibach's, my friend is telling me Tein and I hear on the threads SVT's a good deal. Anyone have an opinion? Check out the links for the down and dirty information I've been getting all confused about:

Tein is cheaper than the other two priced at $190 and has the lowest drop at over 2 inches on both front and rear (is this much drop worth the decline in ride quality?) The price is right. But will I get a bruised cheeks?
http://www.tein.com/ti/g40.html

SVT is well... SVT, and priced highest at $275 with a drop of .75 - 1.5 from what I'm hearing. What would be the gains for this? At that price, is it worth the 45 dollars more than the Eibach?
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...threadid=13157

Eibach has gotten great comments and is the middle price runner with $230 with a drop of 1.4- 1.6ish if my memory serves correct. Many ff have installed this and are seemingly happy.
http://eibach.drivewire.com/EibachCa...s_All_Cat.html

I like Teins price. But I'm worried about the drop. In the Focus Fanatics Thread, linked for you reading pleasure under the SVT stuff in this thread, the SVT doesn't seem to be the choice cut of beef. Then there's Eibach. Everyone seems to like it. So, why do I question it? Price is moderate, the drop is livable and it's tried and true. I question it because it's my car damn it! Not to mention my pop's hard earned cash. "We was so poh' we can't even afford the "oh ar". We jus "poh"!" said the California Highway Patrol officer that spoke to my driver's ed class a few years back (so much incorrect use of " " my english teacher would slap me with her scantron). UH... COMMENTS ANYONE?

Focus on the Mountain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2004, 04:34 AM   #2
Sharpening_Beneath
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1825
What I Drive: S40 T5

FF Reputation: 1 Sharpening_Beneath Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpening_Beneath
thats way cheap i was looking at doing that as well...on ebay just for the stuts they are selling 230....people have done it, i realllly want to do it...but it only goes.75 inch lower...i think...I WANT LIKE AN INCH TO 1.5...
i meant did i want .75 binch or 1.5 inch....sorry if thats what confuesed u..
Old 06-12-2004, 06:38 PM   #3
focusonthefocus
Gan-San!

Fan#: 1411
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 focusonthefocus Good Standing Member
no worries... it looks like hardly anyone's polling this though... DOES ANYONE KNOW OR HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH TEIN?

Focus on the Mountain
Old 06-12-2004, 06:45 PM   #4
frogg5872
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2578
What I Drive: one slow focus...for now

FF Reputation: 1 frogg5872 Good Standing Member
I got the tein s tech springs on ebay for $130 shipped and brand new. But you will need a camber adjuster with it or your tires will be gone REAL soon. The eibach seems to be the package everyone likes. I myself and using the tein springs,svt shocks and struts, and the eibach sway bars. I mean thats the cheapest and for what i do with my car thats all i need.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:57 PM   #5
FocuzdZX5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7906
What I Drive: '01 CD Silver ZX3(mine) '04 Light Tundra ZX5(wifes)

FF Reputation: 1 FocuzdZX5 Good Standing Member
Well, with the svt you get everything, the eibach you only get the springs. I just put SVT springs on my car - I got a 1" drop up front and a 1/2" in the rear. I think the rear could go down a bit more, but then it won't be too practical for carting a family.

Had - AEM cai, Eibach Dampers/Sportline springs, FC Knobs, 98 Edition Euro Bumper, FC TB, FS strut bar, FC wire cover, FR plug wires, Eibach Sways(frt/rr), FC header, bosal flex, Borla 2.5 cat back.

Long tyme no post!
origanal FF #: 2221

e-mail frostyj@cox.net
Old 06-15-2004, 11:24 AM   #6
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4136
What I Drive: Chris=96 Civic Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 CivicHatch+SVT-F Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
with Eibach you get the 1,000,000 mile warranty which you cant go wrong with and the main reason a lot of people chose them. Teins are amazing. Everyone around her who has them hasnt complained about anything (although they are all on track/road crazy hondas). The only thing with Tein is, they may be better than Eibach but most people give them a life span of around 3-4 years depending on how hard you drive your car. If your not ripping around corners all the time, I can see the Teins lasting longer than 3-4 years.

go to www.tein.com and read up on them and the history and do the same with www.eibach.com

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs

Last edited by CivicHatch+SVT-F; 06-15-2004 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:28 AM   #7
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Eibach Eibach Eibach Eibach Eibach Eibach and yet another EIBACH!
Old 06-15-2004, 11:42 AM   #8
focaltech

Fan#: 490
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focaltech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
The SVT suspension is nice and is the best price. You can get the springs, dampers and sway bars for $ 240

The eibach is what I have and is more aggressive than the SVT setup. It is perfect for me and has excellent ride quality.

DO NOT get the tein springs! You will need new dampers, camber adjustments also. Not worth it.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:44 AM   #9
focaltech

Fan#: 490
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focaltech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Btw you can find eibach springs for less than $ 230.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:02 PM   #10
pio
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 198
What I Drive: 2014 focus electric

FF Reputation: 2 pio Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
so i dont need dampers or shocks with eibach ?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->