Finally resolved all the Tranmision issues - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
Gary_C
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95312
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gary_C Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Finally resolved all the Tranmision issues

Yep i am finally a happy camper. After all the bitching i have done with the dealer and " Ford Cutomer Service" I have gotten a resolve of the POS transmission. By the way, when i was last at the dealer and the tech drove with me in the car he told me that FORD could fix all the issues but it was infact the EPA that was holding back for a re-flash to make the trans function correctly.
Ford Cusotmer Service rep Allison didn't say a word when i told her that i had the conversation on my cell phone with the tech telling me this,, it is all so absurd, we all are being fed a line of crap from ford. Who puts up with a technical bulletin in this modern age that tells you the trans is NORMAL to have grinding noises, Trailering effects, Front strut noises, shuddering, bucking, roll back on hills sometimes, and the unit is learning all the time!!! Shame on Ford for even putting out such a POS to the public and then not standing behind their product, just making up excuses saying it is all NORMAL. How many other cars in the world are NORMALy doing these things? 0. but i am happy now because i no longer own a Focus. I will however never forget the $$$$$$ i lost.
Rant over, and good luck to all who are having the same issues.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 04:44 AM   #2
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Good for you.

Yesterday I had an argument with a Customer Service Rep on the phone and got nowhere. They are completely useless. Telling me my problem was due to "driving a small car with a small wheelbase" even when I informed them that my car, the SAME CAR, did NOT drive the way it currently does before they replaced the steering rack. The CSR remained basically silent even when I left her time to talk.

Completely useless.

This will probably be the last Ford I own, and this is coming from a (now former) die hard Ford fan.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:58 AM   #3
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Congrats, Gary. I fear that may be the route I have to take as well.

Some Guy: I could have written your post... except my problems started with dealership replacement of springs and strut mounts. I also doubt that I will ever buy another Ford after the way I have been treated.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #4
84Camaro_L69
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105844
What I Drive: 2012 Diamond Tri Coat White SEL HB

FF Reputation: 1 84Camaro_L69 Good Standing Member
I had the dealer reflash mine for the same issues and I'm at 2,600 miles on my car now and it acts like a traditional automatic transmission now.

Bookmarks & Social Networks