qweesy's SVT build thread - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #41
qweesy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12042
What I Drive: 2004 focus Duratec 2.3 RS (DEAD)

FF Reputation: 3 qweesy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
thank you and yes the CFM silicone hose kit is nice I would say its the same quality as Samco and SFS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 01:25 AM   #42
qweesy
Focus Addict

Bear with me picturetail img hosting now wants to charge after....."36"photos??? screw that......Ive been with them for a long time and have way more than that and they will soon be deleting all free accounts so I'm in the process of moving all of my pics to dropbox....a tedious process

Ok its been 330 miles and no CELs so I think it is safe to say the Timing Assembly change went good minus that one stripped hole in the block to one of the water pump housing bolts.The motor feels like it pulls much stronger now I cant keep my foot out of it.....its so fun :) the next mod will be a Tune or ST170 Headlamps... not sure yet.

Added the CFM 4 point lower harness do not put it on if you are lower than 1.5 inch.... I don't fit in some car washes now

What a difference new shoes make they are Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 45,000 mile warranty on some new black RaLlY's!!!!!!! OH yeah the car handles so well, I did the 4 wheel alignment at my college got everything in the green but I want to adjust the rear camber a bit more on the right rear...... -1.3 degrees L/rear -1.8 R/rear ..... Toe is all good caster is 3.2 on both sides and the ball joint hasn't moved even though i boogered a couple of the rivet holes. After the suspension settles in another 300 miles I'm going to take it in to NTB/Firestone to get a lifetime alignment. Another note the CFM lower 4 point cross member JUST and I mean just makes it over the jacks on the Hunter 4 wheel alignment machine.

Added the K&N panel filter since all the CAI's and Short Rams out there are just a waste of money.

And this will be it for major stuff at the moment due to my wrist surgery Today at the VA... man I hurt, but I will continue with mods as I get better..... next thing on the list is my TrAiN HoRn Whhhoooooo Whhoooooooo.....4 horns hidden in the rear bumper with a 3 gallon Air tank ;) muhahahahahahaha

Last edited by qweesy; 04-26-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #43
qweesy
Focus Addict

pic links fixed using dropbox now for all image hosting
Old 07-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #44
qweesy
Focus Addict

So small update... and whats to come

So my wrist reconstruction surgery went well, minus the doctor told me after I woke up "I uh accidentally cut your thumb tendon.....but I put a stitch in it and it should be good" they took out the pins a week ago, and I got to keep them..... but now I need physical therapy to work on my range of motion. Veterans Affairs hospital is where I had the surgery

Well my radiator 2 weeks ago sprung a leak in the end cap (lower left corner) so I had to replace it it was a tight fit in there, got it out in 30 minutes and to put it back in took me about 1.5 hours kinda a PITA the hard part was getting the condenser snapped back in and moving it all in place while at the same time bolting up the radiator support ( this maneuver took 2 hands [one crippled] and a foot to do ;) ) , I just hope I get 10 years out of it like the OEM one, I did the flip key mod now some people were putting the RFID glass chip in the plastic but I couldn't for some reason PATS would not pick it up in that location so here was what did:

Snipped a little off the key pad rubber so it would fit perfect

I put a little dab of clear silicone and clamped it down for 1 hour, just to keep it in place

and then to top it off I had these raised resin gellies custom made for the back ;)

now I know some of you envy those but the first 3 people to PM me will get a set of 2 resin gellies for 5$ Shipped, and if more people are interested in them I can get more made.

went from bobo to kleen

Now for whats to come:

Items sitting in boxes waiting to be installed:

The 2 Getrag Shifter linkage mods

SVT Oval emblem covers from TFB along with a couple other nifty decals

Steeda billet mirror knob & bezel cover

3m Dinoc to wrap a few bits, ill keep it classy

Custom BIG 3 grounding kit

ST170 Euro silver interior door handles

Hard wire passport 8500 X50......I have a blue LED one if anyone has a red version that works and is in good condition id be willing to trade you

Bostig Billet aluminum Thermo housing, I think ive found the proper temp sensor that will be plug and play (doing the leg work for you guys)

Euro tails with custom SVT diffuser with 3in reverse and extra 3in brake light in right corner, I have to clean it up a little bought it from another forum member "sanzx360"

RS style grill with WRC metal/color emblem( not sure if im going to go this route yet I may end up buying the RS collections grill depending on how this one turns out

Massive F+R strut bars , im going to wallow out the holes a little bit bigger cause the front one didnt fit properly

Remove rear bumper foam and hide 4 Train horns within the bumper, upgrade airline to 1/2 inch and bolt down 3.5 gallon air tank in the hatch

Euro sliding visors covered in leather with vanity lights and rear dome.... I may hold off on this until I do the headliner in black suede.

Items I still need to track down or buy:

A SCT Tune

Replace window tint with 10% maybe 20% all the way round my stuf has turned purple and has knics in it

SVT dead pedal

SVT billet fuel door

SVT stitched mats, I really hope Redline gets another manufacturer for these if not I found another company but they are more expensive

LHD ST170 headlamps

RS Wing

Sound system

Dyna mat entire car

Jackson racing or Powerworks or ProCharger SC ;)

A New Paint Job
Old 07-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #45
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 8 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Coming along nicely. The key thingy seems kinda cool.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 07-22-2013, 02:48 AM   #46
Jack The Ripper
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81179
What I Drive: '04 SVT ZX5 & '10 Mustang V6

FF Reputation: 1 Jack The Ripper Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qweesy View Post
A New Paint Job
Good to know I'm not the only Infra Red SVT with paint issues. I guess waxing it over the last 10 years since I've owned it brand new didn't do me any good. :/
SoCal Crew #666
Old 07-22-2013, 08:06 AM   #47
qweesy
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack The Ripper View Post
Good to know I'm not the only Infra Red SVT with paint issues. I guess waxing it over the last 10 years since I've owned it brand new didn't do me any good. :/
yeah its chipping bad in spots on the hood clear coat is peeling in random spots(rear bumper) and some oxidation on the hood/rough clearcoat spots im gonna use the Meguiers clay bar then their ultimate compound and ultimate polish it may help for a couple years but it needs a new paint job really
Old 07-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #48
1bad03zx5
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 114690
What I Drive: 2003 pitch black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 1bad03zx5 Good Standing Member
Looking good
2003 focus SVT ZX5,65k miles,pitch black,red/black int,cold weather package,K&N drop in,MSD coil/wires,poly dogbone,steeda tri-ax shifter,momo shift knob,borla catback,prothane full kit,dimpled/slotted rotors,ss brake lines !FOR SALE!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #49
Chamo
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104402
What I Drive: Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Chamo Good Standing Member
i like i like
Old 07-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #50
qweesy
Focus Addict

Thanks guys

Bookmarks & Social Networks