qweesy's SVT build thread - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #31
qweesy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12042
What I Drive: 2004 focus Duratec 2.3 RS (DEAD)

FF Reputation: 3 qweesy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5ive View Post
By the way, what are you using to paint the suspension pieces and what prep did you do?

Rustoelum Gloss black ...scuff up with sand paper 300 grit wash with soap + water /Dry then paint.....I should have waited longer on the front pieces to dry which ill redo when i have to replace balljoints again but the rears turned out PERFECT 1 can for the rear arms.... 1.5 cans for the front arms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #32
qweesy
Focus Addict

Sorry for the delay guys "A couple weekend update..." Things are moving along but I'm running out of time before my wrist reconstruction surgery So I'm just doing the essential mods at the moment to get the car on the road so I can at least drive it, because the rental car is expensive even at 11.99 a day+ 15% tax ($19 a day) had the MK III fofo for over 70 days now...

Got the front Suspension all installed, I did end up taking off the boot holders from the stock shock. You cant buy these separate from the shock and I didn't want to use zip ties "The white plastic in the pic"

Front Eibach sway-bar with Massive endlinks set to stock position for now also replaced the shot inner and outer tie rods with MOOG greaseable components

CFM ORP/2.5 Flex/ Focus Sport Stealth Exhaust along with all new OEM gaskets the exhaust is in but I need to align it better. The hangers on the FS exhaust are way fatter than the factory and with adding the PowerFlex exhaust bushings it making it a real PITA to get it fitted properly...Without the CAT makes for alot of room in there now

I wasnt going to do the CFM Silicone hose kit until later but needed to flush the coolant anyway so went ahead and did that. Also did the CFM silicone Intake manifold hose kit and the CFM billet DSI lever... that little bugger was a pain to get on.

PCV valve was leaky and clogged up and hoses+ grommet all hard as a rock replaced along with the CFM Oil catch kit

Also went and did he coil pack connector for preventive maintenance.

At the end last weekend I was preparing to do the timing belt
....Hey where is the fluid..... all mounts will be replaced with poly

I changed the alternator pigtail to the new style pigtail just better connected and thicker wires in the back of the plug and while im in there decided to get the HO 200amp alternator from DB electrical its a quality built piece and that extra 90amps im hoping will help make things brighter and for when I install a system.

As I was torquing it down though the torque wrench didnt stop at 35 Lb and snapped the bolt in the alternator 2 hours later of Mother fu*&(*&(&*( this & that I got the snapped bit out

Some Euro goodness and Italian leather just came in this weekend, the Euro sunvisors are of WAYYYYYYYY better quality than the US spec visors

Now I'm off to do the timing belt assembly I hope it goes well, Ill report back soon.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #33
macdiesel
I used to drive this

Fan#: 31579
What I Drive: 2010 mazdaspeed3

FF Reputation: 21 macdiesel Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
A little pb plaster will help hose exhaust hangers nto place. Looking good.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #34
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Fan#: 42025
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 58 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (47)

Those are sweet! That's all I need to complete my Euro lighting install! Nice finds! Sorry about your luck on the alternator, but glad you got the bolt out.
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
Old 04-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #35
mattmoz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94897
What I Drive: 2000 black zx3

FF Reputation: 1 mattmoz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
what kinda springs are you using with those koni's?
Old 04-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #36
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 8 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Coming along nicely. Was curious about the cfm silicone hose kit and if it was any good? Some of my hoses could use replacing so I might do them all if CFM kit.

Like the visors. Does your source have more available?

Build is coming along nicely. Btw where did you find a rent car for $20 a day? I might want to rent one at some point for a week or more so I can work on my car since its my dd.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 04-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #37
qweesy
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmoz View Post
what kinda springs are you using with those koni's?
Steeda Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5ive View Post
Coming along nicely. Was curious about the cfm silicone hose kit and if it was any good? Some of my hoses could use replacing so I might do them all if CFM kit.

Like the visors. Does your source have more available?

Build is coming along nicely. Btw where did you find a rent car for $20 a day? I might want to rent one at some point for a week or more so I can work on my car since its my dd.
got the visor covers from ebay.co.uk i will get you sellers name a bit later and
Hertz rental car for the rental
Old 04-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #38
qweesy
Focus Addict

Ok so I think it went well and FIRST TIME at that... did the Timing belt per FACTORY MANUAL then rotated the engine twice put tools back in and it lined right up ;) started car 3 times now idled for over 30 minutes a few revs here and there and no codes so I think im good also when I cracked the VCT gear bolt maybe 1 drop of oil came out, I only cracked the bolt enough so the gear would spin freely i don't think even 1 full turn. The car has 97,000 miles on her belt wasn't in too bad condition a little cracked on the inside but tensioner was much looser than new one I also noticed Ford has cheaped out and instead of using metal idle pulleys that changed it to plastic booooooo.

.... The next issue I ran into was one of the water pump mounting bolts IN THE BLOCK has started to become stripped out i can still get it in and out I just cant tighten it down very much. I dont have any leaks so I just wrapped it real good with Teflon tape and put it in there snug i will have Tap this hole next time I change the water pump....so long as it doesn't leak sooner

When installing the Massive FULLsIzE Lightweight pulley you must shave down this lip on the lower timing cover or it will rub on the back of the pulley once you tighten it down just dremel off the lip so its flush with the rest of the timing cover.

I switched to all poly mounts :)

Installed the Massive valve cover dress up kit, what color do y'all think I should powder coat the Valve cover Red , Dark Grey or Black? Also the MSD ignition with Massive MCX 90 wires along with Motocraft Coppers gapped at .061 for now will be opening up the gap later.

I drilled out the shift mount weight a while back I got some washers which equal half of the weight so im going to try this out for a while.

CFM 67mm TB with Samco induction hose for the stock Airbox

Ive been in the process of re-looming the entire wire harness as-well what a PITA that is..... then 9 y/o stuff is cracking up and falling apart got the entire right side of the engine bay done just need to do the fuel injector harness and everything left of it.

The SVT will be back on the road hopefully this Saturday just need to get the ball joints in and tighten up the suspension bolts and align the exhaust better in the mounts.The air chisel I got to spread the pinch joint broke on its first use....Harbor Freight tools and I will continue to add more mods as my hands permit I have a box of stuff still to go on but going in on the 25th of April for my wrist reconstruction surgery and will be in a cast for another 2 to 3 months.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #39
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Nice progress.

Hopefully I will start making some on mine once a suspension/steering vibration issue is sorted out from my accident.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 04-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #40
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Oh and out of the colors you mentioned I would go with black for the valve cover since you have all those red hoses.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."

Bookmarks & Social Networks