Shru63 2014 SE Race Red Build - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-04-2014, 01:08 PM   #1
Shru63
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119783
What I Drive: 2014 Race Red Focus SE (5 speed)

Points 118, Level 2
Points: 118, Level: 2 Points: 118, Level: 2 Points: 118, Level: 2
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Shru63 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Shru63 2014 SE Race Red Build

Hello everyone
My real name is mike and in september i decided after alot of research from this forum to purchase a 2014 race red focus se manual 5 spd, I felt that i didn't need the extra hps that the ST has and certainly not the price tag, At the time when i decided to shop for a focus, it was going to be my DD and my 2010 mazda miata mx-5 was my garage queen... So i was not looking for a loaded down model, just something nice with some extras....

Since that time i recently sold my mx-5 because i really never drove it and of course the Mod bug has been hitting me pretty hard lately, I decided that i wanted to Mod out my SE to my liking and would like to share it with the forums what i have done so far...
What i have done so far is far from over, I already have a standing appointment With RDC to have ALOT of stuff done on the 18th of this month (august). Over the next year i will slowly be updating this thread to show everything that i am doing as it comes along or when i have the cash to do so.
However all that being said, The wheels will be one of the last things i do to the car, so that will more than likely be spring, maybe earlier but you never know. My goal for this car is to have one of the best if not the nicest SE hatch on the forums, and only time will tell, but everyone that knows me, knows that it will more than likely happen.
I will try and make sure i list every mod i do to the car and all the full details of such,pics and everything that i can to help anyone from here on out to maybe do something similar to their car as well if they liked what i did to mine..

This Photo is a Dealer photo but it is a picture of my car stock

I will be keeping a detailed list of the mods i have done so far and will be adding to the list as time goes by, updating everything for people to see what i have actually done to the car, I will not be listing future mods wanting to do to the car, because sometimes we know that may never happen...
And sometimes people actually like to see after it is done versus wondering when it will get done.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
Theblueoval
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119194
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red 5Speed SE Sport Sedan

Points 3,260, Level 35
Points: 3,260, Level: 35 Points: 3,260, Level: 35 Points: 3,260, Level: 35
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 1 Theblueoval Good Standing Member
Love the Race Red! Welcome to the forums can't wait to see how the build goes. Hope your wallet is ready the mod bug bites hard with these cars.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #3
Shru63
Focus Enthusiast

Points 118, Level 2
Level Up 36% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Mods Done:

Windows : Suntek Carbon Tint, 25 percent on all windows, 5 percent on windshield visor and 5 percent on moonroof.
Floormats including hatch area: Weathertek mats (black)
Motor Mount: 2012+ FORD FOCUS E-RMM UPGRADE
Air Cleaner: Green Filter Drop in with Snorkel Delete Mod
Hood: Redlinetuning Hood Struts
Fog Light Bezels: Flat Black
Headlights: Titanium Black Headlights
Grille : European style Front grille
Springs: Vmaxx 35mm springs, their newest updated springs for this year, I am currently testing these for Rebel Devil Customs...
Shocks: Front Shocks: Titanium Handling package Shocks, Standard SE shocks on rear currently..
Spoiler or Rear Wing : Genuine OEM ST rear wing with the ST rear brake light
Debadged: everything removed except the Big Blue Ford emblems

This list will grow over time but it will give people a chance to know exactly what i have done to this car in it's current state...

I will also say that about 98 percent of everything i buy has been through RDC (rebel devil customs) and they will be doing all my installations as well, I am not a DIY kind of guy and i like to support a member of this forum and his business as well, And it has been a real pleasure working with RDC.
And it does help being only 2 hours from them

Will be posting pics of everything but will take me a bit to get use to photobucket again
Old 08-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
Shru63
Focus Enthusiast

Points 118, Level 2
Level Up 36% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
First Mod done to Car 2 weeks after purchase
Suntek Carbon Tint: 25 percent on windows, 5 percent on windshield strip and 5 percent on moonroof

Now after i had my windows tinted i decided last year that i would like some new weathertek mats for my DD focus
These pics were taken recently, But i did infact recieve front and rear weatherteks for xmas.

This catches you up to christmas of last year, I already had a weekend (garage queen car) and my focus at this time was just going to be my DD only. So this is all i actually planned on doing to the car ever....

My (garage queen) back than
Fully loaded down 2010 Grand Touring PRHT mazda miata mx-5 14,000 miles.
This car was only driven on nice days and never in the winter or rain..

Last edited by Shru63; 08-07-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
xtraspin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 151194
What I Drive: 2014 Race Red Ford Focus HB

Points 908, Level 16
Points: 908, Level: 16 Points: 908, Level: 16 Points: 908, Level: 16
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 1 xtraspin Good Standing Member
Love those stock wheels. .wish I had them on my RR hatch..
Hatch Nation #177
Old 08-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #6
Shru63
Focus Enthusiast

Points 118, Level 2
Level Up 36% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Bringing you more up to date on my Focus and it's happenings since i have owned this car (last september)

In may of this year (2014) Something tragic happened to my focus when me and my girlfriend of 12 years were on our way to a friends house to go fishing,
My friend lives about an hour outside of town in the country....

A Deer decided to try and ambush me and lost, however the damage was done to my focus and i was extremely ticked off..

I had the car towed to a local dealer that i knew had a very good body shop and I was told by alot of people that this ford dealer did top notch body work and paint...
Total Damage was 6,892.00

The damage pretty much took out my hood, front bumper- grill area, both headlights and a bunch of engine stuff as well...
While the car was in the shop getting repaired, I had an UH OH moment.....
I have always wanted the Black Titianium headlights, could not stand the chrome ones that came with the car, so the very next day when the shop opened up i called and wanted to come down and give them the keys
and discuss somethings about the car....
I asked them that if both headlights were trashed that i would greatly appreciate it if they could replace them with the black titanium ones, getting rid of the chrome ones would be great...
He said no problem.. (the chrome on a red and black car just didn't work for me) so i decided to get rid of all the chrome i could..
So while the car was in the shop, and i knew i was getting the black titanium headlights, that's when the MOD BUG hit me..
I knew once my focus got out of the shop that i was going to make it look better than it ever was going to look, So that's when i got online and on Rebel Devils Website..
There were two items i had looked at for months on his site but i really didn't want to spend a ton of money at first..

I called Mike up and talked to him personally, telling him that i was interested in the European style front grille and the black fog light bezels..
He said he still had them in stock, and that's when i decided to go ahead and purchase them from him, I than asked him if he would install these two items for me and he said no problem at all..
His exact words were if we sell it, we can install it as well...
So i made an appointment to come out and have them install my newly purchased grille and fog light bezels...

One week later i recieved my car back from the dealership and the next day headed out to Rebel Devils Shop for the installment of the grille and bezels...
I was there a few hours talking to mike alot about the stuff he sells,and he showed me around.

European Style front grille Rebel Devil Sold to me (installed)
Black Titanium Headlights the Body shop installed as well in the picture

Black Foglight Bezel

Debadge Done

Snorkel Delete Mod was done as well this day at RDC shop

Also Added this to finish off the weathetek mats set as well

All work done bringing this up to date to the first week of June..

Last edited by Shru63; 08-11-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #7
Shru63
Focus Enthusiast

Points 118, Level 2
Level Up 36% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Updating This thread to July 14th

RDC was able to hook me up with a used (mint condition) ST wing off of a Race Red ST, for a 1/3 of the price of an original primered one from ford...
Of course i was very happy and quickly snatched it up.

Genuine oem ST wing...

I had also ordered Redline Hood Struts and the E-rmm Motor mount

I seriously encourage anyone that has a MKIII focus to get the Motor Mount as one of your first upgrades
It is cheap and really makes a HUGE difference, Install takes around 30 min to do and more than worth it.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #8
Shru63
Focus Enthusiast

Points 118, Level 2
Level Up 36% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Hood Struts installed

I had also agreed with RDC to be a test subject on the newest version of the
V-maxx 35 mm springs...

New Vmaxx 35 mm lowering springs being installed

RDC installed the Titanium handling front Dampers in order for my car to be able to take the new version of springs..
I am still running OEM SE springs on rear.

I will be doing a full review on the springs, but as of now i can honestly say that i got at least a true 1.5 inch drop with the vmaxx 35 mm springs
They have had plenty of time as well to settle, I have at least 1400 miles on the new springs since installed, on freeway as well as some twisties...
I will be doing an exact up to date measurement on the drop when i return to RDC shop on the 18th of August..
I wanted to make sure that we measure them at the same place they were installed at to make sure we get as close to real measurements as possible (same place).
Old 08-11-2014, 08:20 AM   #9
Shru63
Focus Enthusiast

Points 118, Level 2
Level Up 36% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Current Pictures i took over the last couple of days on how my Focus looks as of now...
This will bring you up to date as of today, There is alot more in the works to be done on
August 18th, this will be another HUGE update on my car...

Random Pics of my car from different angles, I am not the best photographer...
All these Pictures was taken over this past weekend...

This picture was taken last weekend at my work in the morning when i was getting off of work...

Disclaimer: I AM NOT THE OWNER OF THAT SMART CAR
My girlfriends daughter borrowed that thing to do her driving test, she is getting her license hopefully this week...
Old 08-11-2014, 09:06 AM   #10
JackST
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 131225
What I Drive: 2013 Blk ST

Points 23, Level 1
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 JackST Good Standing Member
Keep us updated on the springs. I have been holding off on getting mine because of car killer pot holes on my commute. Have you felt any improvements?

Bookmarks & Social Networks