N/A vs Turbo - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #31
Urbanspacedude91
Focus Enthusiast
 
Urbanspacedude91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91432
Location: Freeport, NY
What I Drive: 2010 Blue Flame Duratec

Posts: 198
FF Reputation: 1 Urbanspacedude91 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedgreyzx3 View Post
Talking about 4 bangers being fast. Bwahahahaha

This place hasn't grown up at all. Only 4 bangers that should be talked about in terms of fast ar motorcycles or real rally cars
Take that crap to a motorcycle forum. How are you on a forum based off of a four cylinder car talking stupidity like that. If thats how you really feel i think you should lay off the need for speed and actually take a step into the real racing world.
__________________
I drive a Focus and You noticed!
Urbanspacedude91 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #32
Buickboy
br/o/stang
 
Buickboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Fan#: 28542
Location: Stratford, CT
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

Posts: 5,242
FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedgreyzx3 View Post
Talking about 4 bangers being fast. Bwahahahaha

This place hasn't grown up at all. Only 4 bangers that should be talked about in terms of fast ar motorcycles or real rally cars
Whats the entry time for "Fast"? I'm sure there are more than enough all motor K-series Hondas to qualify.

Now, a bolt on focus isnt fast, but we knew that already
__________________
==2012 Kona Blue Mustang V6==
==1995 Light Iris Neon Coupe==
==1972 Skylark==
Buickboy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #33
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic
 
RonMaiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99230
Location: Littleton, CO
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Posts: 3,890
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
15 second 4 bangers aren't rare and still not what I consider quick.
IMO once you're getting along in the 14 second 1/4 mile range you're starting to be quick,13s your company is getting rarer especially with a 4 banger and those are generally FI'd from the factory. If you run 12s your company shrinks considerably and even the quickest 4 bangers need some outside help to get into the 12s.
__________________
'12 Focus Red Candy SE Sport 5 spd
'99 Toyota 4Runner Sport
'11 Subaru WRX STI Hatch
RonMaiden is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #34
Urbanspacedude91
Focus Enthusiast
 
Urbanspacedude91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91432
Location: Freeport, NY
What I Drive: 2010 Blue Flame Duratec

Posts: 198
FF Reputation: 1 Urbanspacedude91 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
15 second 4 bangers aren't rare and still not what I consider quick.
IMO once you're getting along in the 14 second 1/4 mile range you're starting to be quick,13s your company is getting rarer especially with a 4 banger and those are generally FI'd from the factory. If you run 12s your company shrinks considerably and even the quickest 4 bangers need some outside help to get into the 12s.
All honesty and i know i may have rejection on it. But i personally think the 1/4 mile drag racing is a v8 thing. Not saying four cylinders dont do it but v8's own that type of course. So when i look at building my own personal car i dont look at 1/4 mile time i would look at track time. If i was to be doing any kind of racing like that. And a bolt on focus is not slow. They can be quick if you build them.
__________________
I drive a Focus and You noticed!
Urbanspacedude91 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #35
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic
 
RonMaiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99230
Location: Littleton, CO
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Posts: 3,890
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That's why there's different classes and at the time when sport compacts were taking off pre Fast&the Furious era it was a big deal to whoop a V8 with a lowly 4 banger plus on the street it made me a bit of money back in the day especially when my car was AWD since it ran the same on the street as it did on the track no need to change tires or take out my seats and such.

The only reason I throw a 1/4 mile time out there is you can compare it to others across the country as opposed to individual tracks where you can only judge other cars on the same track.
__________________
'12 Focus Red Candy SE Sport 5 spd
'99 Toyota 4Runner Sport
'11 Subaru WRX STI Hatch
RonMaiden is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #36
wickedgreyzx3
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Fan#: 34204
Location: Cleveland, OH, IN
What I Drive: 2006 ZX3 Liquid Grey

Posts: 2,580
FF Reputation: 17 wickedgreyzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
122ci,AWD,full glass and interior panels/dashboard and making over 1000hp at the crank with close to 900hp making it to the wheels through the class mandated exhaust. This car also retains alot of the stock components including the rear axles and factory gearing.

Saw it live a while back up here at 5800ft and it was still clipping high 8s.


7.70@191mph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTJj-YaMdsk
Yeahhhhhh and how much money did that cost to make it go that fast?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Buickboy View Post
Whats the entry time for "Fast"? I'm sure there are more than enough all motor K-series Hondas to qualify.

Now, a bolt on focus isnt fast, but we knew that already
It's still just a car and a 2 year zx14 or gsxr1300 will run 9s stock and have way better roll on that costs less what you paid to mod that old Honduh to those times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanspacedude91 View Post
Take that crap to a motorcycle forum. How are you on a forum based off of a four cylinder car talking stupidity like that. If thats how you really feel i think you should lay off the need for speed and actually take a step into the real racing world.
Take your third grade sensitivity to a my life sucks I want to commit suicide forum.



You guys are still the exact same as you were when the durance came out in the 2005, immature and trying to make an econobox fast
__________________
Modifying cars is retarded. Buy a bike instead.
wickedgreyzx3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #37
Urbanspacedude91
Focus Enthusiast
 
Urbanspacedude91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91432
Location: Freeport, NY
What I Drive: 2010 Blue Flame Duratec

Posts: 198
FF Reputation: 1 Urbanspacedude91 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Third grade sensitivity!? Thats cute . If you dont like it then go to a different forum of your preference. Being an ass on a four cylinder based forum is only making you look like an ass. But feel free to your own opinion.
__________________
I drive a Focus and You noticed!
Urbanspacedude91 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #38
Urbanspacedude91
Focus Enthusiast
 
Urbanspacedude91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91432
Location: Freeport, NY
What I Drive: 2010 Blue Flame Duratec

Posts: 198
FF Reputation: 1 Urbanspacedude91 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
That's why there's different classes and at the time when sport compacts were taking off pre Fast&the Furious era it was a big deal to whoop a V8 with a lowly 4 banger plus on the street it made me a bit of money back in the day especially when my car was AWD since it ran the same on the street as it did on the track no need to change tires or take out my seats and such.

The only reason I throw a 1/4 mile time out there is you can compare it to others across the country as opposed to individual tracks where you can only judge other cars on the same track.
Understandable
__________________
I drive a Focus and You noticed!
Urbanspacedude91 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #39
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic
 
RonMaiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99230
Location: Littleton, CO
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Posts: 3,890
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedgreyzx3 View Post
Yeahhhhhh and how much money did that cost to make it go that fast?
Any car in the single digits cost alot to make go fast.

On the bike thing,yeah it's the best bang for your buck but to make it go that quick does take some talent since I see alot of people that can't run their bikes that low but it's pretty cool still but you're comparing an apple to an orange.
To run 99% of street cars into the 9s would take alot of money anyway so your thinking can apply to anything slower. Why buy a Viper when you can have a bike?

I'm just not a bike person since on the street I don't trust other driver's enough to feel safe and just never been a 2 wheel guy but to each his own.
__________________
'12 Focus Red Candy SE Sport 5 spd
'99 Toyota 4Runner Sport
'11 Subaru WRX STI Hatch
RonMaiden is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #40
wickedgreyzx3
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Fan#: 34204
Location: Cleveland, OH, IN
What I Drive: 2006 ZX3 Liquid Grey

Posts: 2,580
FF Reputation: 17 wickedgreyzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanspacedude91 View Post
Third grade sensitivity!? Thats cute . If you dont like it then go to a different forum of your preference. Being an ass on a four cylinder based forum is only making you look like an ass. But feel free to your own opinion.
I drive a focus
__________________
Modifying cars is retarded. Buy a bike instead.
wickedgreyzx3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.