Lemon law success - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #21
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
If the dealership tells you that it's 'normal' when it plainly isn't... either they are completely incompetent or they are being instructed by Ford to lie to their customers. It could be both... these are not mutually exclusive conditions.
I don't think Ford is instructing dealers to "lie", I've never been told by my dealership that the sounds or slipping of my DCT was normal prior to them replacing my clutch pack and seals. In fact, they have been very helpful with any of the issues I have brought to their attention. Ford Canada has covered repairs in some cases I thought for sure would get "denied". The fact that many on here have had good dealership experiences while others have had "horror " stories goes against the theory that Ford is instructing their dealers to give us a "line". When you finally find a good dealership, stick with them.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #22
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90895
What I Drive: One less Ford

FF Reputation: 1 hand-filer Good Standing Member
Here's hoping your Mustang treats you better.
Of all the vehicles I've owned my Mustang is the best new vehicle purchase I've made. The Focus definitely the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Old 01-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #23
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
I don't think Ford is instructing dealers to "lie"
Oh, I don't want to think that, either, believe me. It's not a conclusion I'm jumping to because I'm upset with the fact that my car still isn't right. It's just where my personal experience leads me.

But rather than crap up this thread with (more of) my bitching, I'll keep this on topic and say to the OP:

Nice pics, that's a sweet car. The color isn't my cup of tea, but it does look very good!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #24
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Is that a backup camera on the trunk lid or just a keyhole? I assume it's probably not a BU cam since you don't have the MFT unless they put the camera in the rear view mirror.

Also does your Mustang have HID's or just Halogen projectors?

Sharp car!. I've had several mustangs in the past. Its amazing a V6 has more power than most of the past V8 Mustangs I've owned. LOL
Old 01-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #25
Edgar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89037
What I Drive: 2006 F-150

FF Reputation: 2 Edgar Good Standing Member
Well glad they somewhat worked it out for you. The stang is a sweet upgrade. Two different class of cars I know, but an upgrade still. Hope you enjoy it, my friend still loves his 2011 Mustang and has had no problems at all, hope you have the same luck! That green actually grew on me in this thread hahaha!
SoCal Crew #7
DUB Edition 2012 Focus Hatch *SOLD*
Old 01-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #26
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
Nice pics, that's a sweet car. The color isn't my cup of tea, but it does look very good!
To be honest, it wasn't my first choice, but it was the only V6 Premium they had at the dealership that ended up not backing out. It's less shocking the more time I spend with it. The only other Mustangs they had were several base models, two Roush Stage 3s or two fully loaded convertible GTs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Is that a backup camera on the trunk lid or just a keyhole? I assume it's probably not a BU cam since you don't have the MFT unless they put the camera in the rear view mirror.

Also does your Mustang have HID's or just Halogen projectors?

Sharp car!. I've had several mustangs in the past. Its amazing a V6 has more power than most of the past V8 Mustangs I've owned. LOL
Backup camera. It makes a little video overlay when it's in reverse. Mustangs don't have MFT available at all, they use the previous generation of touchscreen software, dunno what it's official name is. I don't even think there is a keyhole on the trunk itself.

It has HIDs, think they are standard on all models.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #27
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
I don't think Ford is instructing dealers to "lie", I've never been told by my dealership that the sounds or slipping of my DCT was normal prior to them replacing my clutch pack and seals. In fact, they have been very helpful with any of the issues I have brought to their attention. Ford Canada has covered repairs in some cases I thought for sure would get "denied". The fact that many on here have had good dealership experiences while others have had "horror " stories goes against the theory that Ford is instructing their dealers to give us a "line". When you finally find a good dealership, stick with them.
Or, Ford Canada is not the same as Ford America (I'm kidding...we all know they're not the same).

My dealership lied to me about *multiple* things before I picked up my car, and then a few more times since. I've been through 3 dealerships and they've all said the exact same lines...word for word.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #28
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Congrats, great looking car!

I went through the same process with Ford, threatened to go through the BBB AutoLine as you did, but dealer ended up getting on them and they offered me the same buyback terms as you stated above.

I ended up ordering a 2013 Escape to replace the 2012 Focus. Overall, much better vehicle, but suffers some of the same inherent first year issues like the Focus. At least the 2.0 EcoBoost is a gem of an engine and the transmission behaves much better than the PowerShift. Most of my issues are build quality related (rattles, trim issues), sagging rear view mirrior, and the atrocious MFT system (latest is the rear view camera parking lines turning themselves off). Still the same old attitude issues when dealing with Ford CSM's, when will they learn?

I am confident you will not have these type of issues with the 2013 Mustang, it's a solid vehicle, without the Euro reliability issues and without MFT. Enjoy!
Old 01-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #29
TitaniumGero
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88508
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 3 TitaniumGero Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Great car! Needs some stripes though :)
Old 01-20-2013, 03:57 AM   #30
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 11 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
I am confident you will not have these type of issues with the 2013 Mustang, it's a solid vehicle, without the Euro reliability issues and without MFT. Enjoy!
Why would refer Ford USA problems to Euro reliability issues?
We in Europe are not having any reliability issues with the Focus or 1.6 EcoBoost, especially the issues that owners in North America are having.

I don't appreciate such a prejudicial statement , unless of course you have factual data to back up such a statement.

As an owner of a Focus and knowing many that own them are not having dry clutch Powershift issues, 1.6 EcoBoost issues, sagging rear view mirror issues,
rear tail lamps rubbing paint off issues, steering wheel peeling chrome trim peeling issues, clunking front end suspension issues, squeaks and rattle issues or fit and finish issues.

Bookmarks & Social Networks