For Sale: 2003 Svt focus jrsc 77k - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Buy - Sell - Trade > Archive

Archive Archive of all expired Buy-Sell-Trade postings.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Shugh19380
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83924
What I Drive: 2003 red zx5 Jrsc svtf

FF Reputation: 3 Shugh19380 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
For Sale: 2003 Svt focus jrsc 77k

For sale is my 2003 svt focus, its has 77,xxx miles on it and is equipped with a Jackson racing supercharger that was installed about 10k ago and professionally tuned by Ray at Mcnews tuning. The car made 180hp on a very hot july day with a conservative tune and 3 boost leaks (small). I wanted the car to be reliable fun and still get good mpg. The car gets around 30 highway and mid 20s mixed driving. s It is a zx5 (5 door) 6 speed getrag manual trans that shifts perfectly. the car is a blast to drive handles great and the Jackson supercharger gives it enough power to make it fun enough in a straight line. I still have the stock intake manifold and all the other parts to put the car back to stock that i will include with the sale obviously. I am not interested in trades, no test drives without cash in hand and car is sold as is obviously. ill try to get some pics on here if not i can text/email some. i live in west chester pa. you can contact my by email at shugh19380@gmail.com or by phone at 607-279-9029 for a quicker response as i am not on here much price is $7,200 obo

standard options:
- it says when you run the vin it has the cold weather package for whatever reason it doesn't have heated seats or a block heater but has heated mirrors? weird there was 1 owner before me and it wasn't the kind of person to swap parts or anything
- audiophile system with a sony head the stock 6 cd changer was junk
- hid headlights probably my 2nd favorite part of the car behind the blower

mods:
- jrsc stock pulley, i relocated the intake air temperature to the intake manifold to allow accurate temps for a safe tune
- ford racing lowering springs in the rear because i hate the muscle car stance these things come with
- a cfm lower torque mount (thanks will)
- k&n drop in air filter
- the wheels were professionally painted graphite grey and baked not rattle canned.

Recent work that has been done:
- I replaced the supercharger coupler and installed new fluid 500 mi ago
- replaced the timing belt, tensioner and idler pulley 500 mi ago
- new serpentine belt 300 mi ago
- installed a new jackson racing idler pulley 300 mi ago
- alignment.

the bad:
- rear bumper has a small crack and has faded
- the driver door will lock with the remote but not unlock. all other doors work i think it needs a door actuator.
- its going to need front tires soon
- the power steering rack had a slow leak that i have to add fluid to the reservoir once ever 6 mo or so which i deemed not worth fixing.
- it has a couple dings that can be repaired by a paint less dent removal person.
- the ps mirror will not fold in anymore

Last edited by misfire; 03-12-2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Price drop

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
dylde
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 91539
What I Drive: Red 03 svt

FF Reputation: 1 dylde Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Paragraphs and Formatting are your friend. Copy and paste from CL is not.

180 hp on an SVT with JRSC...not impressive at all, you do know that is only 30hp over stock, right? Maybe a typo? and you never posted a price in this ad. Might want to change that.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
Shugh19380
Focus Enthusiast

Sorry about the price, 180 is correct and you are right it isn't impressive but it did have some small leaks and it was a very hot July day. It had the stock air filter and the stock exhaust. I'm sure if someone were to do some bolt ons it would respond nicely and the tune is conservative enough that it should still be fine. As for the format I get it I should format it nicely but I am horrible at that stuff and i did it from my phone maybe ill have my fiancÚ help me out lol but for now this will do

Old 01-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
what?
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104841
What I Drive: Focus 09 Blue/Focus 2011 grey

FF Reputation: 1 what? Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylde View Post
180 hp on an SVT with JRSC...not impressive at all, you do know that is only 30hp over stock, right? Maybe a typo? and you never posted a price in this ad. Might want to change that.
It's actually 10hp more. Stock svt comes with 170hp

Old 01-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
Shugh19380
Focus Enthusiast

Not to the wheels it doesn't 170 at the flywheel 15% drivetrain loss you end up with 145whp I'm sure there's some that have a little more or little lees just rule of thumb before and after the blower was night and day especially low end torque I shouldn't even posted numbers. The Jrsc kit also has the stock pulley and had some small leaks. Most people that already have a Jackson already have bolt ons ie exhaust, high flow cat, intake, throttle body etc. this was literally a bone stock Svt with the blower

Last edited by Shugh19380; 01-18-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

FF Reputation: 31 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylde View Post
Paragraphs and Formatting are your friend. Copy and paste from CL is not.

6) No Buyer or Seller Harassments:
If you do not agree with a seller's asking price then do not buy from them. We welcome fair offers but will not tolerate any comments that is considered harassment in nature. We also ask that you refrain from making any off-topic comments that are of no relation to the transaction. Members who violate this policy will have their access to the Buy-Sell-Trade forum revoked.

If you do not agree with the OP's price or listing, do not junk up his thread. If you have any questions about the vehicle or the sale and do not intend to purchase the car, send him a private message.

Thank You!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using FF Mobile

Old 01-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #7
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

FF Reputation: 31 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugh19380 View Post
up for sale is my 2003 svt focus, its has 77,xxx miles on it and is equipped with a Jackson racing supercharger that was installed about 10k ago and professionally tuned by Mcnews tuning. The car made 180hp on a very hot july day with a conservative tune and 3 boost leaks (small) . i also relocated the intake air temperature to the intake manifold to allow accurate temps for a safe tune. the only other mods i installed ford racing lowering springs in the rear because i hate the (muscle car stance these things come with) a cfm lower torque mount and a k&n drop in air filter. the wheels were professionally painted and baked not rattle canned. i wanted the car to be reliable fun and still get good gas mpg - gets around 30 highway and mid 20s mixed driving. s It is a zx5 (5 door) 6 speed getrag manual trans that shifts perfectly. the car is a blast to drive handles great and the Jackson supercharger gives it enough power to make it fun in a straight line. This car has factory HID headlights that are absolutely amazing at night and am going to have a hard time ever going back to normal headlights. Recent work that has been done is i replaced the supercharger coupler and installed new fluid, replaced the timing belt, tensioner and idler pulley, serpentine belt, installed a new jackson racing idler pulley and alignment. the bad - rear bumper has a small crack and has faded, the driver door will lock with the remote but not unlock. all other doors work i think it needs a door actuator. its going to need front tires soon and the power steering rack had a slow leak that i have to add fluid to the reservoir once ever 6 mo or so which i deemed not worth fixing. it also has a couple dings that can be repaired by a paint less dent removal person. i still have the stock intake manifold and all the other parts to put the car back to stock that i will include with the sale obviously. I am not interested in trades, no test drives without cash in hand serious inquiries only 607-two seven nine-9029 - http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/3550505057.html for a pic $7500

Scott,

Please update your original post with:

2) Required Information:
* a. Your Item Description
* b. Your Location
* c. Your Asking Price
* d. Any Related Photos (Optional)
* e. Person placing ad
* f. Contact Information

Also:

1) No eBay or External Links:
Due to the high level of fraud on eBay, we are no longer allowing posts with links to any third party sites. Members who violate this policy will have their posting privileges revoked from the Buy-Sell-Trade forum.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using FF Mobile

Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #8
what?
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104841
What I Drive: Focus 09 Blue/Focus 2011 grey

FF Reputation: 1 what? Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Ok. Got it! Yea I was thinking about the hp to the wheels. Good deal on this:)

Old 01-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #9
VenomRogue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 24506
What I Drive: a Volvo??!?

FF Reputation: 11 VenomRogue Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
actually 180 whp on a NON-BBK jrsc is about right (slightly low, but with boost leaks on a hot day, i can see that), and as stated before, stock was 170 flywheel hp, not WHP.

if it had the BBK, it would be in the low 200's

My JRSC SVT W/BBK put down 232.

carry on.

Yes, I have issues.

Next question.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #10
svtmichael
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101509
What I Drive: 2002 infra-red focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 svtmichael Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)