2013 Auto-x picture and video thread - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #41
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2008 Edge SEL

FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Always fun to get out and run.

That track looks like it has alot of gravel. Was it a bit slippery because of the gravel?

There is a place we go to that has a lot of Gravel, and some of the guys like it and some don't

But your car looks good. Too bad the photog took the photos with too fast of a shutter speed, doesn't even look like you are moving.

Ray
Hatch Nation Member: #147

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #42
ecugrad
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99968
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue Ford Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 ecugrad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tukaniSVT View Post
Always fun to get out and run.

That track looks like it has alot of gravel. Was it a bit slippery because of the gravel?

There is a place we go to that has a lot of Gravel, and some of the guys like it and some don't

But your car looks good. Too bad the photog took the photos with too fast of a shutter speed, doesn't even look like you are moving.

Ray
Yeah, that section of asphalt is pretty beat up but I didn't really feel like it was a HUGE problem.

Finished 21st out of 100 in PAX with a REALLY rusty driver. I love me some STF PAX!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #43
mellephants
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom

Fan#: 52400
What I Drive: 12 SE, 91 DR350S, 74 CL360

FF Reputation: 12 mellephants Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Those FR-Ss and BR-Zs are going to dominate the AutoX scene as much as the Miata's do now.

I have driven a friends BR-Z at one also, very very impressed in the ability of the stock setup on these.

Ray
I've driven/autocrossed two of them now with slightly different configurations. They are amazingly fun and rewarding to drive hard, but so far haven't proven to be any faster than the regulars.

I'm sure it is just a matter of time and development, though
Old 03-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #44
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Well, in our division, of the top 5 in pax and with in the top 10 in fastest times of the day out of a usual 150-200 people in Houston, TX 3-4 of them have been stock BR-Zs or FR-Ss

Really, making me want one. I've made it in top 10 in our group with PAX probably 4-5 times in the past year. Yes, I love the STF pax. It's nice. And better than H-Stock.

Ray

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #45
mellephants
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom

Fan#: 52400
What I Drive: 12 SE, 91 DR350S, 74 CL360

FF Reputation: 12 mellephants Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Well, in our division, of the top 5 in pax and with in the top 10 in fastest times of the day out of a usual 150-200 people in Houston, TX 3-4 of them have been stock BR-Zs or FR-Ss

Really, making me want one. I've made it in top 10 in our group with PAX probably 4-5 times in the past year. Yes, I love the STF pax. It's nice. And better than H-Stock.

Ray
Nice
Old 03-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #46
thenorm
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 14947
What I Drive: '04 liquid grey ZX3, built for FSP

FF Reputation: 33 thenorm Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
heres a vid from my last auto-x.
I was driving a Subaru STI again on Conti DW tires, which are magic in the rain.
I was also one of the course designers again.
got FTD.
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #47
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Nice run. You know I noticed that most STI and EVO drivers hit the redline and chill there on their runs in second gear ... is that just something that all of the drivers with those cars do?

Nice run. And yea, I agree on the Conti DWs. I drove a Mini Cooper with those on in the rain once ... holy smokes that is night and day for wet weather tires.

Ray

Old 04-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #48
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Here are a few photos from our Regional 4 AutoX:

Ray

Old 04-16-2013, 10:54 PM   #49
Sully313
Focus Addict

Fan#: 104895
What I Drive: 03 SVT ZX5 Red, 06 ZX3 SES Black

FF Reputation: 1 Sully313 Good Standing Member
Even the event in Vancouver was better than our first event here in MI. First dozen runs were dry. Then it started snowing.... then raining.... then snowing... then raining. All on a sealed asphalt surface. It was literally like ice for the middle half of the course.
I did run faster slightly faster than every AWD car in my HStock Focus SVT on RE-11A's. :] (we have street tire stock classes locally)

My boring video.
http://vimeo.com/64117079

On a positive note... I believe I secured my ride for Solo Nationals in Lincoln this year. Last time I went to nationals in 2010 I trophied 6th in ESP and a lackluster mid-pack the year before. Hoping for 3rd this year as the car is more than capable. Colgroves are unstoppable in FM hence 3rd place aspirations.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #50
STS-focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55097
What I Drive: 2000 Zetec sedan

FF Reputation: 1 STS-focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2013 is off to FAST start here in Chicago! Chicago Region SCCA held their first Autocross event of the season Sunday just passed. We had 159 competitors including our autox school students on their second day. I again will be competing in STF and this event had a class of five including last years second and third place Scion Tc and VW Rabbit drivers. The Focus I piloted was dirty in the first heat with one cone on each run but faster raw times than the rest of the field. Our last heat brought only two runs to get it done and I put down a smooth clean fast run and then improved on it securing the STF class victory by over a 1.1 second margin. With all my "focus" on my own times and nothing more, I didn't realize I had also managed to earn 8th on PAX overall until the awards!!!!

My Fastest Run

http://youtu.be/XOVIiukqExk

All 5 Runs

http://youtu.be/_5OttIF7xZA

My Plans for this year are 5 Chicago Region SCCA events, 5 Milwaukee Region SCCA events, Peru, IN. SCCA Match Tour, Milwaukee, WI. SCCA Match tour, Wilmington, OH. SCCA National Tour, Lincoln, NE. SCCA National Championships and as many Tri-State Sports Car Council Events as I can talk the wife into letting me go to. Starting with TSSCC's First event this Sunday here in Chicago, IL. Video will follow, enjoy!
#87 STF 2000 Focus Sedan
2013 SCCA National Championship 6th Place Trophy Winner in STF
2013 SCCA National Match Tour Milwaukee STF Winner
2013 SCCA National Match Tour Peru 3rd Trophy
2013, 2012 Chicago Region SCCA STF Season Champion

Bookmarks & Social Networks