Shelby Focus ST: Win or Fail? - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Shelby Focus ST: Win or Fail?
Win 32 15.92%
Fail 143 71.14%
Wait and See 26 12.94%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #41
Red Jay 918
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 79277
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 7 Red Jay 918 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
they need to just stick to Mustangs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #42
macdiesel
I used to drive this

Fan#: 31579
What I Drive: 2010 mazdaspeed3

FF Reputation: 21 macdiesel Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Agree with all the waiting on the RS comments. RS should be way less than this piece.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #43
matmatician
Cars&Corgis

Fan#: 81361
What I Drive: A ONE COLOR FOCUS, Ducatis

FF Reputation: 4 matmatician Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dads03SVT View Post
Same thing i was thinking.....Maybe 150 more horse power??
On that note, I'd prefer the Cosworth Focus 330. Guess what the 330 means? Lol.

http://cosworth.com/pr-media/news-ar...ford-focus-st/
ROTM June '13, PNW Crew #42, SR #245, Rally Rev #02
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #44
Paladin
VEKTOR PLATE

Fan#: 64465
What I Drive: blue sub #6

FF Reputation: 10 Paladin Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
voted fail to tip it over the 75% mark.

15k can get yo ua lot of hardcore race stuff for a base st1. and that includes a couple sets of hoosier a6 slicks on slightly smaller diameter wheels, full monty coilovers of jsut about any brand you want. damn good brakes, and a real limited slip diff . i'd go so far as to add a harness bar and aharnesses.

in all honesty i expect this crap from saleen.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #45
Slo86GT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88885
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Slo86GT Good Standing Member
You guys need to quit posting these idiotic comments. Shelby has a LONG history in the sport compact world. He basically invented the American Fast Hatch with the Omni GLH-S, which looking back was only a 29hp increase over the standard Omni GLH. It too, was mostly a stickers, wheel, tire, and emblem kit. The Focus gets pretty much the same formula. Add a respectable amount of HP, add incredible cost to the sticker. Take lumps from purists. Profit.

The CS on the wheel center caps is the logo of Carroll Shelby, NOT a Cobra.

There a dozen comments about zero extra horsepower. Really? Are you that Naive? There's conflicting articles out there about 300+ or 252 hp. Someone posted the base stats for the ST. Get over it and read all the information out there.

Do I think this car is worth 15k over the ST1? Hell no. I'd say this is an 8k package tops. It's really not any more special than the 2007~ Shelby GT-S, which was stripes, a grill, tune, intake, and exhaust. Oh, and some badges that are apparently worth about $5k. Go read up. Learn something today. This should sound VERY familiar. http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review

Once more bolt-on parts and simple turbo upgrades become available, Shelby may add more oomph to the ST, but I wouldn't expect much.
- Jody -
Old 01-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #46
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Fan#: 42025
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 59 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo86GT View Post
Once more bolt-on parts and simple turbo upgrades become available, Shelby may add more oomph to the ST, but I wouldn't expect much.
Really dude? First off as it was mentioned before - Shelby copied Bojix. The Bojix ST looks a hell of a lot better anyway. What happened to Shelby designing parts for their cars? Why does Shelby have to wait for the real aftermarket designers to make all the aftermarket parts(including engine mods)? Shelby is nothing more than a name, every other aftermarket company already does it better. Since there is about 15 "Shelby's" plastered all over this pos, I guess you are paying $1,000 per name.
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
Old 01-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #47
xxWeinerDogxx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105482
What I Drive: [2013/T-Scrm/ST3 RIP] 2014 OWST3

FF Reputation: 1 xxWeinerDogxx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouBomb View Post
Fail-

No real performance done.. No game changing suspension.. Not real carbon.. I rather have a fully loaded ST.
As the owner of a fully loaded ST, I couldn't agree more. The full leather Recaro's blow these seats away. The Shelby's are just ugly. Although, I've seen multiple comments about the full leather seats being uncomfortable. I'm 5'10" and about 195lbs. I think once you get more 'girthy' than this, the seats may not suit you very well.

Also, when I see the name Shelby on a car, I expect more serious performance upgrades, especially at that price. Like others have said, give me 10-15k dollars, and my car will eat this one.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #48
tetra
pwned

Fan#: 60621
What I Drive: 2009 Black Clearcoat SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 10 tetra Great Standing Member
That huge Shelby panel on the back is so ugly wow. Really nice wheels on it though.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #49
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 34077
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo86GT View Post
You guys need to quit posting these idiotic comments. Shelby has a LONG history in the sport compact world. He basically invented the American Fast Hatch with the Omni GLH-S, which looking back was only a 29hp increase over the standard Omni GLH. It too, was mostly a stickers, wheel, tire, and emblem kit. The Focus gets pretty much the same formula. Add a respectable amount of HP, add incredible cost to the sticker. Take lumps from purists. Profit.

The CS on the wheel center caps is the logo of Carroll Shelby, NOT a Cobra.

There a dozen comments about zero extra horsepower. Really? Are you that Naive? There's conflicting articles out there about 300+ or 252 hp. Someone posted the base stats for the ST. Get over it and read all the information out there.

Do I think this car is worth 15k over the ST1? Hell no. I'd say this is an 8k package tops. It's really not any more special than the 2007~ Shelby GT-S, which was stripes, a grill, tune, intake, and exhaust. Oh, and some badges that are apparently worth about $5k. Go read up. Learn something today. This should sound VERY familiar. http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review

Who the hell is talking about history? We're talking about now, i dont care if shelby invented the space shuttle, this car is still cr@p and a rip off! It couldnt even have a shelby named exhaust system. Shelby might as well partner up with APC and autozone... Since all they did was riced out the cars appearance...
Old 01-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #50
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 34077
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxWeinerDogxx View Post
As the owner of a fully loaded ST, I couldn't agree more. The full leather Recaro's blow these seats away. The Shelby's are just ugly. Although, I've seen multiple comments about the full leather seats being uncomfortable. I'm 5'10" and about 195lbs. I think once you get more 'girthy' than this, the seats may not suit you very well.

Also, when I see the name Shelby on a car, I expect more serious performance upgrades, especially at that price. Like others have said, give me 10-15k dollars, and my car will eat this one.
Seats remind me of this... Normal seats with ebay covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTeam View Post

Bookmarks & Social Networks