Official Shelby Focus ST Pictures - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #21
2.0 L
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102780
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black SAP

FF Reputation: 1 2.0 L Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I agree with the seat comments, recaro's are much better. As far as everything they've done...eh. Should have changed it up a little more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #22
josephd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84356
What I Drive: 2007 SE Dark Toreador Red Pearl

FF Reputation: 1 josephd Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Not sure where I sit with this. I am a sleeper kind of guy when it comes to my cars. The decals, and seats look cheesy to me.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #23
WSkobra
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93397
What I Drive: 2007 Focus SE 4dr Dark Shadow Gray

FF Reputation: 1 WSkobra Good Standing Member
Some of you are complaining about mpg? I don't know my 07 focus has been great on the highway for mpg. I know my car has a lil bit older technology but its the same engine just designed a lil bit different and they added a turbo to it. They claimed on my model 35mpg highway and I somehow surpassed that to 42mpg highway on a misfire on the number 1 cylinder driving out to California. If they claim it gets 40mpg then it has to. Everyone's definition of driving like a grandma is different. I know some grandma's that can't keep the gas pedal off the floor board i.e my very own grandmother.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #24
Red Jay 918
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 79277
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 7 Red Jay 918 Good Standing Member
is this where i start to see people putting SVT Cobra badges on their Focus now? >_____<
Old 01-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #25
LOADED
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81895
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 LOADED Good Standing Member
Pros: Looks.

Cons: Seats, engine performance.

I wish they would have brought the power to 400 'ST 400'
upgraded the differential.

Im sure Mr.Shelby would be pretty ashamed if he saw that they didnt do any thing to boost power. If he was still alive, he would make the new owners boost the power.

RIP Mr.Shelby

BTW: im going to copywrite "ST400" so if shelby decides to use it they have to give me $100,000 and a GT1000
2003 Sonic Blue SVT Focus #524
Old 01-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #26
Floodyou76
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105749
What I Drive: 2002 SVT

FF Reputation: 2 Floodyou76 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
The Ford Mustang GT and Shelby GT500 are both factory production Ford designed and built efforts.

The GT350 and GT500 Super Snake were the Shelby tuned Mustangs, besides the older Shelby GT which was much more tame than the Shelby Focus ST, but would have been roughly similar (Ford racing catback exhaust and cold air intake were about the extent of the modifications afaik).

I'm not defending Shelby, but to compare the basic GT500 is not a fair fight since that was not worked on at all by Shelby American, only Ford. They have done many untasteful things and pushed the envelope more with the super snake, and the 1000 hp supersnakes etc... Ford tuned for reliability and durability, where as Shelby didn't care as much about that.
Well, then simply, to someone like myself who is less up to speed on background information and in-depth details, and just see the shelby name on the end products...it just doesn't live up to the expectation of something that I have been familiar with seeing a shelby name on, especially given the 15k cost for the 'upgrades' that were mentioned.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #27
scootny
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24548
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX5, 1995 SHO

FF Reputation: 1 scootny Good Standing Member
Doesn't work for me. I prefer the more understated factory versions. As for the seats I will say this. I have been in two ST2s and if you are a bit broad of beam the Recaros could give you some trouble. Having said that I fit fine and would find myself longing for them. The headrests in the Shelby look to be more accommodating of helmets though. As for mileage I have gotten 30 mpg from my SVT on the highway with the AC on at 75-80 mph. I don't see 40 in the realm of possibility. What kind of suspension upgrades? Looks lowered so the already firm setup is even firmer with less travel. Not what I need for the roads in my area. The Borla is not as sexy as the stock setup. This looks like a track toy more than a daily driver. If you really want to improve on the original increase the size of the gas tank by three gallons and loose the full size spare to make a bigger trunk. My SVT has more gas and a bigger trunk by far and I have the subwoofer eating up a few feet. Stll want one though.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #28
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
If Shelby was a alive he'd be saying "A Focus? Are you serious?" He's rolling in his grave as I type. lol
Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 AM   #29
lyonsroar

Fan#: 63166
What I Drive: 2009 Volkswagen GTI

FF Reputation: 31 lyonsroar Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootny View Post
Doesn't work for me. I prefer the more understated factory versions. As for the seats I will say this. I have been in two ST2s and if you are a bit broad of beam the Recaros could give you some trouble. s]
I'm 6', 240lbs with cyclist legs and those seats hugged me tight as my grandmother at christmas time.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:39 AM   #30
lyonsroar

Fan#: 63166
What I Drive: 2009 Volkswagen GTI

FF Reputation: 31 lyonsroar Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
If Shelby was a alive he'd be saying "A Focus? Are you serious?" He's rolling in his grave as I type. lol
Don't forget the Shelby Omni, Daytona, and Spirit. Also the Shelby CSX Shadow

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->