Apples and Oranges - New Car Feedback Wanted - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: WRX or Mustang V6 Perf Pkg.
2013 WRX 5 door 13 59.09%
2014 Mustang V6 Perf. Pkg. 9 40.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
ZX4STDoug
I don't care

Fan#: 19367
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang V6 6 speed

FF Reputation: 13 ZX4STDoug Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Apples and Oranges - New Car Feedback Wanted

I dont get on here too much anymore as I havent owned the Focus in over 5 years now, but I still browse a bit. Im looking to get opinions/feedback from others on a couple of new cars Im eyeing as my next purchase. I love my GTI, and its been a blast to drive. Other than some known issues which were addressed early on, its been pretty reliable. However its at 80K miles now and although its my 5th VW/Audi product, I think Im ready for a change.

The two new cars Im looking at are a 2013 WRX 5 door or a 2014 Mustang V6 Premium coupe with a manual trans. and the V6 Performance Package.

I sell Subarus for a living, and can order exactly what I want for a very fair price. I also get X Plan and would order the Mustang equipped the way I want it.

Using current incentives on the Mustang, it would run about around 1300.00 more than the WRX. Id gain factory heated seats (vs aftermarket in the WRX), leather, dual power seats, heated mirrors, Sirius (already have), and a much higher quality audio system. Of course rebates could increase on the Mustang by spring time, and that would lower that spread. There are no incentives on the WRX and wont be, so that pricing wont change.

I love the practicality of a hatch, and would certainly miss that with the Mustang, though it would probably cut down on my Costco and Lowes trips

Both are pretty mod-friendly and theres decent aftermarket support for both. Im less concerned with the whole AWD vs. RWD being here in Michigan, because Id run dedicated winter tires/wheels on either of them.

Both obviously have their pros and cons, and like any purchase, some things may be more important to me than to someone else. Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I would think if you wait for the next gen mustang to get announced, I bet the current one will get even cheaper. Just a thought.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 01-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
ZX4STDoug
I don't care

Not waiting till next spring. Same situation for the WRX. Won't be here in the time frame I'm looking to make a purchase. Besides, I actually like both the current WRX and Mustang bodystyles.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
TitanFocus76
Focus Addict

Fan#: 75579
What I Drive: 07 Focus ST v1.2

FF Reputation: 4 TitanFocus76 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
love the mixed cross shop i had a pretty strange one myself (mustang gt vs st)

Feedback helps but end of the day its going to come down to which car is going to be a better fit for what you want.

Factory heated seats and a better sounds system would be a big plus in my book. along with the premium will also give you track apps and sync which I do not believe Subaru has an equivilant that works quite as well

Carlisle Ford Not just hid's sponsor pick

Sedan Revolution #152
Old 01-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Personally I would go for the mustang, thats a bit more my taste.

Have you looked at the ST at all?
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums
Old 01-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
ZX4STDoug
I don't care

I have - test drove the ST when I drove the Mustang, but it wouldn't be something I look at. It was a bit darty feeling for my tastes, I hated the artificial sound being pumped into the cabin (VW is guilty of that crap too) and I found the ride on the freeway to be a bit "hobby-horse" like. The fact I'd have to deal with MyFord Touch to get a model with HIDs would most likely kill the deal even if I was in love with the car. I put about 25K miles a year on my cars, and my commute is around 65 miles a day, almost all freeway. It's a great car, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's for me.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #7
ZX4STDoug
I don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanFocus76 View Post
love the mixed cross shop i had a pretty strange one myself (mustang gt vs st)

Feedback helps but end of the day its going to come down to which car is going to be a better fit for what you want.

Factory heated seats and a better sounds system would be a big plus in my book. along with the premium will also give you track apps and sync which I do not believe Subaru has an equivilant that works quite as well
I have to laugh at the cross shop statement, because we joke here about customers who come in and say they're looking for a WRX or a Grand Cherokee, and now I'm in the same situation

Correct, Subaru has nothing like Sync. It's a much sparser car, content, technology and creature comfort wise, but still a great all around vehicle.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

I vote V6 stang then Doug, but I say go sans performance package.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #9
ZX4STDoug
I don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
I vote V6 stang then Doug, but I say go sans performance package.
See, I think that is key. For the content and what the charge is, I think it's a heck of a bargain from the factory. Why would you not select it?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #10
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Well I'm not a fan of the wheels that come with it, and it still doesn't sit as low as I'd like. If you get a base model, you already have your snow wheels, just need tires. Then buy whatever summer set you like, and lower it.

$2k for performance package
$1k for a full snow setup?

$500 for snow tires. and leaves you $1500 towards a summer setup of your choice, and lowering it. That's not counting that you could get a couple hundred at least for the stock all seasons that are brand new.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->