Suspension Upgrade - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-15-2014, 02:38 AM   #61
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58905
What I Drive: 2012 Ox White SE Sports Pack Hatch

FF Reputation: 7 BLarson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
For those of you thinking about sportlines, you can check out my thread on them. There's some good info and pics in There.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294675
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 09:18 AM   #62
Catmatton
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105126
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Catmatton Good Standing Member
I thought this would be a good place to post my questions as there seems to be a lot of people in the know here. I have a 2012 Ti and have been thinking about lowering. I don't want to go TOOOO far as I live in a heavy snow area and don't care to help the city by plowing the roads. I was looking at the Ford Racing Springs as they are only a .3 - .6" drop. Anyone have any reviews on these springs ??
Old 02-15-2014, 09:32 AM   #63
ST 2K5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 44631
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black SE Sedan 5speed

FF Reputation: 6 ST 2K5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLarson View Post
For those of you thinking about sportlines, you can check out my thread on them. There's some good info and pics in There.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294675
Thank u, I think I've read every mk3 sportline thread out there but yours was one of my favorite.. I finally bought my springs from tirerack (cheap as hell) and in a course of 24 hours I've decided I'm going about it the right way. Tough pill to swallow but I'm saving my pennies for a set of Koni dampers to pair up with my sportline.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:18 AM   #64
OldGray320i
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93808
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 OldGray320i Good Standing Member
I've got Vogtland's on my car. Got them because they were great springs on my old 325es; they've been on that car with cheapo KYBs for the better part of three years on crappy Tucson roads, struts are still fine (sometimes aftermarket springs don't like stock struts - H&Rs on my old 320i blew out new KYBs...). I was told by the Vogtland rep at the time I was looking that their springs are engineered to work with stock struts - no reason not to disbelieve them!

Ride on the Vogtlands is nice. A bit firm on higher speed dips, but not uncomfortable (this from an old guy - you young fellas would have no problem...).

I'd like to go to coil overs next, just need the right opportunity to get them.

Pics are at the time of install, and of the front don't show that I've taken out the spring pads, got it just a weensy bit lower. Almost perfect now.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:13 AM   #65
idrummerboy13
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115666
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 idrummerboy13 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Between the different trims of Focus, there were 3 different suspensions iirc. I noticed a big difference between my SEL and Ti with handling package, but I haven't driven any trim below the SEL. Why not go down to the local dealership and request a test-drive of a HP-equipped model?
When I had the sel rental in when my focus was in for a bumper and fender replacement, the car had 16 alloys. My 2012 se has 16 steelies with the base suspension and I actually liked the way my car drove way better than the sel. It felt much more floaty and unsure, in mine steering and bumps felt heavier and more planted to me......but maybe I am dreaming

Follow me on Instagram-GFEMMINELLA
Old 02-19-2014, 09:00 AM   #66
fenway1912
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116879
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 fenway1912 Good Standing Member
I have Eibach Pro-Kit installed, lowered the car slightly (measured less than 1 inch).

I've also been visually comparing it to other Mk3s I see and I can tell that mine is lower than those with 17" wheels but those with 16 and 15" wheels seem to be just as low.. might just be an illusion?

Ride is fine, seems slightly 'choppier' but not uncomfortable. It's still pretty soft on the freeways and I'd like to purchase the Bilstein Sport (B8) dampers to replace the stockers.. Except I've read that the Bilstein sports are quite "harsh"

Old 02-19-2014, 11:55 AM   #67
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenway1912 View Post
I have Eibach Pro-Kit installed, lowered the car slightly (measured less than 1 inch).

I've also been visually comparing it to other Mk3s I see and I can tell that mine is lower than those with 17" wheels but those with 16 and 15" wheels seem to be just as low.. might just be an illusion?

Ride is fine, seems slightly 'choppier' but not uncomfortable. It's still pretty soft on the freeways and I'd like to purchase the Bilstein Sport (B8) dampers to replace the stockers.. Except I've read that the Bilstein sports are quite "harsh"
Did they make a significant improvement in handling?

Just starting to research all the options since I've decided to keep the Focus but want to improve the handling now. Will also get summer tires and Steeda RSB. Leaning towards Bridgestone RE760s at the moment.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:24 PM   #68
OldGray320i
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93808
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 OldGray320i Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Did they make a significant improvement in handling?

Just starting to research all the options since I've decided to keep the Focus but want to improve the handling now. Will also get summer tires and Steeda RSB. Leaning towards Bridgestone RE760s at the moment.
I can say for mine, a direct improvement in handling, and predictability improved dramatically. For some reason, stock it was hard to tell when the car was approaching the limits of adhesion. With the new springs it was much, much easier to drive the car faster.

I also had the toe set to zero when I aligned it, so the car responds well in transitioning on a left right left type of thing.

I'd like to get the RSB next, it should get the car to rotate easier.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:12 PM   #69
fenway1912
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116879
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 fenway1912 Good Standing Member
with regard to the Pro Kit.. no.. significant improvement in handling.. definitely not. I've had other cars that handle way better but I think in its class, the mk3 focus is already a damn good car.

For me, the pro kit just made the car look better
Old 02-20-2014, 06:57 AM   #70
novus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107022
What I Drive: '12 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 novus Good Standing Member
http://www.steedafocus.com/parts/ste...ybar-555-1075/

Bookmarks & Social Networks