Suggestions? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
13ingothatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106336
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver Focus Se hatch

FF Reputation: 1 13ingothatch Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Suggestions?

Hey guys, bad news I got into a very small accident after work. I driver with a large SUV in front of me decided they were going to slam on their brakes to make a left turn. There was oncoming traffic so we were just sitting on the road stopped. Unfortunately we stopped just over the crest of a hill and another driver came over the hill with hardly any time to stop and slammed on his brakes as well. He hit me but we were both fine so we pulled over into a parking lot to inspect damage.

I had only a small indent/scuff in my rear bumper and he had very minimal damage as well. I looked all around and got underneath the rear of my car and saw no indications on any damage beyond the small mark what so ever. So we wrote our info and went along our ways since I wasn't going to file a report for a small scratch.

However, this is my first brand new car and I do want to keep it pristine. Is there any way of making it look less noticeable or fixing it? I am not going to get a whole new bumper just for a tiny mark. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Yeah, your new car. Call that guy up & say your going to take it to your insurance company. You don't know till you have your bumper cover off. It could be is all you need is a absorber & thats it. Make sure, that the paint matchs, coming back from the body shop. Get it fixed!!!!!!!!!!!! If that happened to me, they'll be fixing my sap bumper cover, for sure.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 05-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
13ingothatch
Focus Enthusiast

Lol that is my VERY last option. I do not want to go through that hassle for a mark that is a centimeter long
Old 05-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ingothatch View Post
Lol that is my VERY last option. I do not want to go through that hassle for a mark that is a centimeter long
Ok, go get a esimaent from a body shop, then call the guy up that hit you & give him the bill. Your the customer of your insurance company, its their job to deal w/ it. You pay them, so let them do the job for you.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 05-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 frosted glass SEL '67 Gal vert.

FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
You could get a bumper sticker, say Focusfanatic, to place over it! if it is a dent in the bumper, it will not come out so you will have to live with it if you are not going to file a claim.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #6
13ingothatch
Focus Enthusiast

Well disturbing news....I can't find where my paper is that I wrote his info on....it was under my work clothes in the passenger seat...now what do I do?
Old 05-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #7
BlueByYou28
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113923
What I Drive: '13 Perf-Blue Focus SE 5dr 201A Pkg

FF Reputation: 1 BlueByYou28 Good Standing Member
You are not at fault so I suggest you contact his and your insurance and let them handle it. Same thing happened to me with my last car. Someone hit me from behind while I was at a stop. Since the other guy was at fault, he had to pay for everything and my deductible was waived. I didn't pay for a thing. Better to let your insurance hash it out with him than you having to reply on his word to pay. Either way, you're gonna have to get it fixed so find a body shop with a good reputation and I wish you the best of luck.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #8
sprof
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113150
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 sprof Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ingothatch View Post
Well disturbing news....I can't find where my paper is that I wrote his info on....it was under my work clothes in the passenger seat...now what do I do?
Out of luck if you can't find it.

Next time try to remember to take a picture of the other car with the license plate, and also pictures of their license and registration. Upload it to the cloud too if you can just incase something happens to your phone.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #9
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I was in a parking lot and a woman opened her door into my passenger door handle causing a chip about the size of a pencil eraser all the way down to the plastic. She was upset that I was going to file a claim, too bad, my Escape is less than a year old and you caused the damage. Even though it was a small job, I took it to the best body shop in town because her insurance was paying for it and I wanted it done right.
I used my phone to take a photo of the damage to both cars, her information and license plate, no need to write down the info any more.
I also like to keep my car pristine, so I got it fixed and you should too. You avoided hitting the car in front of you and the situation sucks for the other guy, but he hit you. Get it fixed so every time you look at it you don't regret not fixing it. Hope you find his info and good luck.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #10
novus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107022
What I Drive: '12 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 novus Good Standing Member
So you let someone hit you, thought it was no big deal; don't want to deal with the insurance company to pay for it? Your logic here blows my mind. You do realize he's the one that's going to be dinged. Not you...

Bookmarks & Social Networks