front calipers not releasing - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #1
burke_024
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94039
What I Drive: 2000 focus zx3, almost boosted : )

FF Reputation: 1 burke_024 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
front calipers not releasing

so at first everything was good i had old pads on and the brakes worked fine , then i decided to replace all four corners, the rears are stock drums the fronts are 99 mustang cobra calipers (PBR) and and mounting brackets to make it fit the spindle , now everything worked fine , i did the rears first didnt let the rear brake cylinders overxpand themselves, replaced all the springs and retainers correctly , and moved on to the front , all i did was take off the calipers compress them back into the master cylinder ( ill touch on that later ), put the shims on the back of the new pads , and put anti-squeel grease on all contact/slide points , did both sides , the same way and put it back together , all was gravy , till i drove it , the front drivers side pads were rubbing,enough to very slightly smoke , now at that point i bled and bled and bled two full bigg bottles , and still wont release , i took out the abs fuses ......nothing , i replaced the front calpiers(both sides) with almost brand new used ones ,filled with new fluid ,attached and drove........ still rubbed bad enough to feel like the brakes are slightly
on. at this point i starting to think abs pump is full of air , pedal was squishy and would go to the floor with decent pressure applied ,so what did i do .....i went and got a non abs master cylinder installed routed lines bled 1 1/3 bottles through it, in the right order furthest to closest , and wouldnt you believe it ........f'n rubbing ,so the only thing i have left to replace is the rotors right? but would they case the new pads to rub i dont get it , shoul i take the shims out ? keep bleeding? the rotors are definitely blued after all this but could them being warped in the first place cause them to rub enough to smoke ?i replaced the master cylinder also with the non-abs one because i thought puching fluid up through it may have ruined it , but im at a loss atm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Bookmarks & Social Networks