Installing HIDs to 08 focus titanium facelift model - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
Kurtsmith2013
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 108102
What I Drive: 08 focus titanium grey

FF Reputation: 1 Kurtsmith2013 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Installing HIDs to 08 focus titanium facelift model

Hi there im new to this focus forum, i just bought a 08 focus and im after installing HIDs but i don't want to install them into headlight unit without projectors. I read up and cant seem to find a great deal of info. Some people say get these anti glare HIDs and you will be fine, also details on what bulb size and would i need error free bulbs? anyone with any info will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
sam fisher
I hate dents!

Fan#: 103137
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx4 ses

FF Reputation: 3 sam fisher Good Standing Member
I wouldnt bother with that anti glare propaganda. Im pretty sure the only right way is to retro-fit . Check out theretrofitsource.com
And look at the morimoto mini kits. Alot of people use these on foci and say they are great kits and come with everything you need. Also theres a few good how-to writeups on here

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using FF Mobile
Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #3
Kurtsmith2013
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Thankyou for your reply and that mini kit seems exactly what i was hoping for, do you know if there easy to fit? And will it come up bulb failure on my dash? Thanks again.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #4
sam fisher
I hate dents!

Fan#: 103137
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx4 ses

FF Reputation: 3 sam fisher Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsmith2013 View Post
Thankyou for your reply and that mini kit seems exactly what i was hoping for, do you know if there easy to fit? And will it come up bulb failure on my dash? Thanks again.
From what i have heard they are the easiest to work with , but im unsure of the bulb out indicator. Im sure someone will chime in who has done it on their 08 , if not try digging around on here in the lighting section for a write up on your model , and contact the writer or just comment in the thread. Sorry i cant give you more info lol , but im still waiting to retro-fit mine and i havent started my project yet

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using FF Mobile
Old 01-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
gtferrari
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88110
What I Drive: 2008 Vista Blue SES Coupe

FF Reputation: 4 gtferrari Good Standing Member
using the search bar if you type in retrofit there should be quite a few write ups. i dont think you will find any that pertain to the uk focus, but the process is the same. basically take the light housing off the car and put it in the oven. bake at a certain temp and using some screw drivers and a putty knife you separate the housing. the projector slides in from the front into the spot the bulb used to be in. it all secures with a big nut on the back side of where the bulb went in. then all you do is either use some more heat or an adhesive and affix the lens back onto the housing. there is a special harness that prevents the bulb out indicator. its all plug and play. you dont need to do any cutting of the wires.

Rep Points dont add themselves
Old 01-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
Kurtsmith2013
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Thanks for your replies, im deffo buying them projectors and hid kit next week, as the bi xenons are hid hi and low, the standard high beam bulb can i replace that with some sort of halo if wired upto side light bulbs with a relay?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->