MK3 to ST front end conversion part numbers! - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #51
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Fan#: 42025
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

Points 11,415, Level 70
Points: 11,415, Level: 70 Points: 11,415, Level: 70 Points: 11,415, Level: 70
Level Up 42% Completed
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 59 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdesignmachine View Post
Oh I read.....it just doesnt make sense to me why you would replace your regular front end with an ST front end when you dont have an ST
Really dude? Why don't you question all the people who put SVT bumpers on their ZX3's.
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
    Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #52
Bowser Jr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109448
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Bowser Jr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Because we think it looks bettttterrrrr, life's to short to worry about technical things. I'm going to rock this Bumper so well and I'm gonna tell every single person, I like the way it looks and that'l be good enough for me, if it's not for them then oh well. You can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink. No one here is trying to be something they're not, you have the wrong idea.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #53
Bowser Jr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109448
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Bowser Jr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Oh I read.....it just doesnt make sense to me why you would replace your regular front end with an ST front end when you dont have an ST. To each his own though. Im not trying to take anything away from you.

I love my ST and the way it looks.....I guess I partially side with mac though in the sense that I found people doing the same thing with Mustangs all the time. I dont know how many times I got asked if my Cobra was really a Cobra.....Its kind of like one kid ruins it for the entire class.

Grantid you did this out of necessity of sorts....while I think you could have saved money and put the regular front end of the car, you took it further and got an ST front end.

Like I said...to each his own. Doesnt look bad....looks great. Just confused is all.
Disregard my last post, I didn't read yours lol.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #54
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Points 4,132, Level 40
Points: 4,132, Level: 40 Points: 4,132, Level: 40 Points: 4,132, Level: 40
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
I'm sure he does question that too.

If my frontend was wrinkled and the insurance was covering it I'd consider an ST frontend but not if it was from my pocket as there's better mods IMO for the lower trim levels that fit the nature of the car than spending over $1000 for a new frontend but if somebody has the cash go for it.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #55
bigdesignmachine
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73457
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 1 bigdesignmachine Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Who said I wouldnt? We arent talking about SVTs in this thread are we? And it seems you completely ignored the rest of my post.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #56
cuke2u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87358
What I Drive: It's in my sig..

FF Reputation: 2 cuke2u Good Standing Member
Hi, I hate people who dress up a car to make it look like it is something it isn't and I cannot see the point. I much prefer my car to be sportier under the bonnet, but look like it is standard on the outside. All you end up doing is attracting the attention of chavs and other unsavoury individuals...
18" 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels
Manual 6-speed gearbox,,,
Old 02-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #57
EggYolkBill

Fan#: 8
What I Drive: '14 Escape Titanium w/401A package

Points 4,442, Level 42
Points: 4,442, Level: 42 Points: 4,442, Level: 42 Points: 4,442, Level: 42
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 21 EggYolkBill Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I think it looks great. I don't understand all the hating on this. I would rather see someone utilizing a well designed and engineered OEM part than putting something gaudy on their car.

I would definitely not use the ST badge, or I would at least cover it up, but that is not that big of a deal. I would probably have looked at getting the side skirts and some of the black on the rear bumper painted as well.

I had an '06 ST that I put Roush side skirts on. Does that mean I was trying to pretend I had a Roush Focus? Definitely was not the case.

The point of this thread was not for people to debate on whether they agree with the mod or not. It was a thread to assist anyone else considering this mod with the necessary info to do so. The only thing I personally want from the ST is the HID option. All in good time I suppose.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #58
Jcreager
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109081
What I Drive: 2012 white Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Jcreager Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by EggYolkBill View Post
I think it looks great. I don't understand all the hating on this. I would rather see someone utilizing a well designed and engineered OEM part than putting something gaudy on their car.

I would definitely not use the ST badge, or I would at least cover it up, but that is not that big of a deal. I would probably have looked at getting the side skirts and some of the black on the rear bumper painted as well.

I had an '06 ST that I put Roush side skirts on. Does that mean I was trying to pretend I had a Roush Focus? Definitely was not the case.

The point of this thread was not for people to debate on whether they agree with the mod or not. It was a thread to assist anyone else considering this mod with the necessary info to do so. The only thing I personally want from the ST is the HID option. All in good time I suppose.

+1
Couldn't say it any better
Old 02-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #59
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

Points 32,796, Level 100
Points: 32,796, Level: 100 Points: 32,796, Level: 100 Points: 32,796, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Poser! I think it looks like crap. lol

You know I like it dustin. I'll see what I can do to help out the argument.

Quote:
Maybe Im late on this but when I look at this, I am reminded of people that buy V6 Mustangs and put GT or Cobra badges on them.

It makes no sense to me. If you wanted an ST, why not buy an ST?
Quote:
Oh I read.....it just doesnt make sense to me why you would replace your regular front end with an ST front end when you dont have an ST. To each his own though. Im not trying to take anything away from you.

I love my ST and the way it looks.....I guess I partially side with mac though in the sense that I found people doing the same thing with Mustangs all the time. I dont know how many times I got asked if my Cobra was really a Cobra.....Its kind of like one kid ruins it for the entire class.

Grantid you did this out of necessity of sorts....while I think you could have saved money and put the regular front end of the car, you took it further and got an ST front end.

Like I said...to each his own. Doesnt look bad....looks great. Just confused is all.
People need to look at built threads and study up before jumping to conclusions off a couple posts.

In Dustin's built thread. He wanted nothing more than to have the ST badge removed, just so he could have a better looking bumper than the normal MK3.

ie: dustins built thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengerc4 View Post
please tell me your taking off the ST badge though on that bumper? :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by disciplerocks View Post
I didn't want it, but I'm not sure if it is part of the grill. I'll have to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post
I believe there's a small spot where the badge fits in. It may have to be filled in to remove the badge.
Quote:
Then its staying.

ie: this thread page 2.

Quote:
It wouldn't be there if I had my way, but I'm not messing up a brand new $250 grill.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #60
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

Points 124,710, Level 100
Points: 124,710, Level: 100 Points: 124,710, Level: 100 Points: 124,710, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Guys drop the BS... This is an informational thread on the part numbers. I'll lock it up if you can't keep the talk to the topic at hand.
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.