Manual Drivers, Power LOSS while driving. - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-16-2013, 03:30 AM   #21
Supramk3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96347
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver S 31.01.2012 BD

FF Reputation: 3 Supramk3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My car is now driving fine after the ECU flash. its will now crawl through parking lots like it should without my foot on the accelorator and not hop and bang around and it doesnt lose power when "launching"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #22
AlexB
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117715
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus SE (MT)

FF Reputation: 1 AlexB Good Standing Member
Thumbs up Exact same thing happened to me

I had the same thing happen to me in manual transmission Focus SE with 23k miles on it. Other than this my Focus has been fun and reliable.

Happened just as described. When it occurred I was driving on the highway at 50 mph in heavy rain. Once off the highway I turned the car off and back on and the problem went away. I took it directly to a dealer.who couldn't find anything wrong with it, but did say that he had a woman come in with the exact same problem in another 2012 focus(manual). He said he hadn't seen it in a Auto.

I am going to pursue this problem with local dealers while i'm still under 36K. Please post if you learn anything new. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #23
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
I had the same problem in mine. Dealership replaced the electronic throttle assembly on mine. There is a thread in the TSB section on my experiences.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #24
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

FF Reputation: 5 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
I only have 200km, so far so good, knock in wood!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #25
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
...I am going to pursue this problem with local dealers while i'm still under 36K...
Let me know how your appointment at the dealership goes, AlexB. If you need me to jump in and assist, send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name. I'll check out some options to help.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 05-28-2014, 04:30 PM   #26
Johnnytsunami
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118970
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White SE hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Johnnytsunami Good Standing Member
I have this exact same problem going on right now with my car. Started yesterday when i was driving down the highway doing about 75 with cruise control on. Hit some traffic and slowed down to about 30 and when it was time get back to speed my car wouldnt budge. Put it in 4th, down to 3rd, nothing. No power, no acceleration. Pulled over and turned it off, started it again a few minutes later and it was fine.

Now today while running errands I can feel the car being sluggish and not as "peppy" as it usually runs. Got on the highway and in 5th gear I can usually feel the car pull as it increases speed. Now its struggling to go from 60mph to 70mph Does anyone have any sort of idea about the problem here??? I have an appointment to check the car out with a local dealer as its still under warranty, but I feel like as soon as I turn it in the car will run fine and make a liar out of me.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:30 AM   #27
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 14 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
I got the reflash. I got a letter for it, and took it in. No problems prior, nor since with drivability.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:54 AM   #28
Borski
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100013
What I Drive: 2012 Focus - Black - SE

FF Reputation: 1 Borski Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnytsunami View Post
I have this exact same problem going on right now with my car. Started yesterday when i was driving down the highway doing about 75 with cruise control on. Hit some traffic and slowed down to about 30 and when it was time get back to speed my car wouldnt budge. Put it in 4th, down to 3rd, nothing. No power, no acceleration. Pulled over and turned it off, started it again a few minutes later and it was fine.

Now today while running errands I can feel the car being sluggish and not as "peppy" as it usually runs. Got on the highway and in 5th gear I can usually feel the car pull as it increases speed. Now its struggling to go from 60mph to 70mph Does anyone have any sort of idea about the problem here??? I have an appointment to check the car out with a local dealer as its still under warranty, but I feel like as soon as I turn it in the car will run fine and make a liar out of me.
Have you gotten the ECU flash from TSB 12-5-5? Back in 2012 I had the same issue, not as extreme as yours, but the same as in this thread and this fixed it up for me.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:00 AM   #29
Borski
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100013
What I Drive: 2012 Focus - Black - SE

FF Reputation: 1 Borski Good Standing Member
Just for reference of some discussion that has previously happened on this when I had the issue: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318145
Old 06-08-2014, 07:29 PM   #30
cobrajet429
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105085
What I Drive: 2012 candy blue manual SE

FF Reputation: 1 cobrajet429 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnytsunami View Post

Just experienced this today 44k mi . Driving at 70. Slowed a little and car would only do 65. Got off the interstate. In town very sluggish acceleration.Pulled into a gas station to see if maybe something blocking intake. Just for giggles turned off engine . Restarted problem gone. No engine lights . Wonder if throttle by wire is messing up. Plan on going to dealer. I have always had the sluggish take off problem also. Scares me to think how this car will be once the miles roll up.

Last edited by cobrajet429; 06-09-2014 at 04:29 AM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks