Squeaky 01 LX HELP - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
iB Chunkyboy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105705
What I Drive: White 2001 Ford Focus LX 4DR Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 iB Chunkyboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Squeaky 01 LX HELP

Helllo,

I know this is a common issue with focus' as are some other things. i got my flex pipe fixed today. what a pain. but i've had a squeak going on. clearly its the belt. the reason i am posting this is because the past few days i hadn't driven it and it went away but once i got it going down the road and through the snow on the road and such it came back and when i got to my mechanic/friends today to put my flex pipe in he told me the reason it was squeaking was because there is a cover or gaurd missing from under the car. i cannot find one online. so maybe hes use to seeing these on other cars. but help?? is there an actual cover and i am not searching the right way or is there another problem weather it being the belt or pulley ? :] thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
rjschi21
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96355
What I Drive: None

FF Reputation: 1 rjschi21 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
There may or may not be a splash shield missing. But the cause is probably due to a worn belt that starts squealing when it gets wet or on a cold startup. JMO.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
zpellicone
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105007
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 zpellicone Good Standing Member
I have an 01 zetec and when I brought the car in for a major repair they forgot to put the lower serp belt cover back on, it would squel in the rain going over puddles because it got wet. I got a new belt at the same time that I got a replacement cover so I can't say for sure that it was solely the cover or not. I would replace the belt as well s get a new lower belt cover. Dealerships should have them for less than 20 but I can't remember the part#
Old 01-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #4
chris4479
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93595
What I Drive: 2002 Ranger XLT Supercab F.Side

Points 23, Level 1
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 chris4479 Good Standing Member
Check the last section of exhaust. My wagon was creaking last week,must be cold weather related. I've had an exhaust warm up and stop creaking. The catallic converter has 1 or 2 heatshields.cheers Chris//
Old 01-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
iB Chunkyboy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105705
What I Drive: White 2001 Ford Focus LX 4DR Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 iB Chunkyboy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4479 View Post
Check the last section of exhaust. My wagon was creaking last week,must be cold weather related. I've had an exhaust warm up and stop creaking. The catallic converter has 1 or 2 heatshields.cheers Chris//
just had a complete exhaust put on manifold back so its not that, its def the belt but yes thank you all i'll look at replacing the belt and find a cover hopefully
Old 01-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #6
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

Points 2,942, Level 33
Points: 2,942, Level: 33 Points: 2,942, Level: 33 Points: 2,942, Level: 33
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 41%
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%
FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
The cover prevents water hitting belt nearly so easy in heavy rain, the belt squeals then as they all will. Cover in and of itself does nothing to stop squeaking when everything dry though. When really cold, the cover often breaks when a big wad of water hits it as it is very cold, the plastic cracks easy then.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.