What do I need to get more bass to my sub and amp through my stock HU? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
kmtalko
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91681
What I Drive: '03 Red ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 kmtalko Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What do I need to get more bass to my sub and amp through my stock HU?

So, I have my sub and amp installed and it sounds pretty good but the factory hu is keeping me from turning up the bass. I am afraid I will blow the speakers so I dont want to turn the bass all the way up. Is there anything I can buy for bass boosting the sub without buying a new HU? Also there is no bass boost on my amp, just a gain contrtol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
kmtalko
Focus Enthusiast

ok wow nevermind lol. my amp wasnt even turned on, no wonder my speakers were blasting. so i guess im good with the original question but i would still like to know if i have a 200w amp and 300w rms sub, would it be ok to turn up the gain all the way? its 3 quarters of the way up now, but im afraid to turn it up all the way just in case. thanks for the help guys.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
Kipp
FocusFest Event Team

Fan#: 31300
What I Drive: 2013 F150 4x4 5.0, 2014 HD 883 Iron

FF Reputation: 9 Kipp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
first you can put some bass blockers on the speakers to keep them sounding better; or get an eq to seperate sound better. the amp just needs to be tuned properly. depends what all the equipment is as to how it needs to be set.
Midwest Crew #22
Official FocusFest Event Planner
Old 01-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #4
KibaWolf
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97035
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 KibaWolf Good Standing Member
pretty simple, do what I did, here the thread about it

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304837
Old 01-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #5
kmtalko
Focus Enthusiast

nice, thanks for the info fellas
Old 01-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
homeslice287
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 36532
What I Drive: 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT-SE

FF Reputation: 1 homeslice287 Good Standing Member
A few things can possibly help your situation

first things first, I wouldn't turn up the gain on the amp, as that is what distorts subs and can blow them.
You need to find a good point that makes them sound nice without distortion.
These are the steps you need to take to tune your sub and set the gain
http://knowledge.sonicelectronix.com...tview-132.html

Once this is done, if you still want more bass, you may need a better box that is tuned to the subwoofer. Box is everything and is key to a good bass sound. you can also get a better subwoofer that can handle more power, but you will need to get a better amplifier that matches the subs specifications (match RMS power from the sub and amplifier)

Make sure your cables are in good condition and installed correctly. Typically you want 4 gauge for anything over 350-400 watts RMS. It would also be wise to do "the Big Three" (rewiring for bigger 4 gauge battery cables from the alternator and grounding strap)

Again just make sure that you tune it correctly on both the amp, and the box, make sure your cables are good, and if you still want more, buy new gear

dont' worry about a capacitor. they don't do much good if anything at all

good luck ;)

Bookmarks & Social Networks