SVT performance - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
IH84DZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101801
What I Drive: 03 CD silver SVT 5 door

FF Reputation: 5 IH84DZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SVT performance

What's the deal with SVT driveability threads being moved to general tech chat? Is this board only for SVT go-fast-related topics? Seems this would be an appropriate place for ANYTHING SVT specific???

I once had a SVT specific driveability question that was moved and to no surprise I never got the help I was looking for - likely because the folks cruising the general tech chat aren't necessarliy SVT savvy. I can't speak for everyone who posts here but when I have an SVT question I'd prefer it lie in a place where the subject focuses on SVT specific matters.

Based on how often these topics are moved I guess I'm suggesting there is a gap between the forum title and it's intended purpose

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

Points 12,552, Level 73
Points: 12,552, Level: 73 Points: 12,552, Level: 73 Points: 12,552, Level: 73
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%
FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
This section is designed to discuss aftermarket and performance upgrades concerning the SVT. Most of the other topics discussed fell under the classification of maintenance or other mechanical/electrical problems. That is the reason they were moved.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:15 AM   #3
Chick
Focusless

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '13 Taffeta White Civic Si Sedan

Points 183,253, Level 100
Points: 183,253, Level: 100 Points: 183,253, Level: 100 Points: 183,253, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
"SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades."

No where does it say anything about posting about engine problems in there.

--->CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR OCTOBER ROTM!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
IH84DZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101801
What I Drive: 03 CD silver SVT 5 door

FF Reputation: 5 IH84DZ Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick View Post
"SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades."

No where does it say anything about posting about engine problems in there.
That's correct. But given the number of threads not related to performance modifications (Timing belts, Intake gaskets, 02 sensors, driveshafts, etc) I'm not the only person who hasn't found the "other" SVT board...

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=31977

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240493

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305317

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222180

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305169

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275849

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305309

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304536

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304868

You get the picture. Frankly there are fewer performance related threads than anything else.

Looks like you guys have your work cut out for yourselves if you choose keep this boad operating in it's intended manner!

In the meantime many of us will continue to guess where the thread may survive and keep our fingers crossed.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

Points 12,552, Level 73
Points: 12,552, Level: 73 Points: 12,552, Level: 73 Points: 12,552, Level: 73
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%
FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
Well, I can't speak for those in the past but I for one have been going through and cleaning up some sections and moving threads to their proper areas. I just recently started in the SVT section, so there are some threads that I had left in there due to them being in there for awhile now. If they were more recent threads I had moved them to the proper section.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
Hempster
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29310
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Focus ST3

FF Reputation: 3 Hempster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetecDon View Post
Well, I can't speak for those in the past but I for one have been going through and cleaning up some sections and moving threads to their proper areas. I just recently started in the SVT section, so there are some threads that I had left in there due to them being in there for awhile now. If they were more recent threads I had moved them to the proper section.
Being a long time member and knowing that there is actually very little in common with the SVT model compared to a regular Focus, it is concerning that SVT specific threads are being moved with reckless abandon! Other than some body panels and rear suspension, there is not much else that is the same with our cars and moving them around could cause some confusion.
I have enjoyed many years with this forum and making changes for change sake is not progress, in my mind.
I would suggest we take a moment and try to understand your member’s concerns of your "cleaning-up"!
Thank you....
CD Silver 02 SVTF, #1336 - R.I.P.

"Brace for the G's, and fast heel-toe work!"- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 01-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
SrDudley
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100058
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZX5 EAP SVT

Points 937, Level 16
Points: 937, Level: 16 Points: 937, Level: 16 Points: 937, Level: 16
Level Up 37% Completed
Level up: 37% Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 SrDudley Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I agree you first have to click on technical discussion then Svt performance when the only other option is general tech discussion well general tech discussion honestly doesn't cut it. Especially when you have a specific Svt related question. And to be honest your talking performance mods specific to svts but then you also have the ecu section the boosted section and on and on. I am a fairly new member here but that is one thing I have noticed that this forum does not have compared to some others and is quite disappointing. Not everyone wants to mod out there Svt they already come pretty modded from the factory anyway at least compared to regular focus' so where's the fix your Svt problem section?? Just an idea...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.