HEY! Tire Rack Dude: How do you guys get Ford wheels to sell? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-09-2014, 09:06 PM   #1
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 15 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
HEY! Tire Rack Dude: How do you guys get Ford wheels to sell?

Back when I had my Contour SVT Tire Rack had the wheels and I bought two with the BF Goodrich OEM as spares for my ride.
Now I see a few like The 18" Focust Ti type but only in black. And two RS 19"ers

I sure wish you had some of the 18" ST wheels... Or some of the polished Focus 17" current production.

Ford Racing has the 18" current design ST wheels but only in black.

So.. How do you get a hold of Ford production wheels to sell? They just show up on the market and you buy a bunch?
Or is it a secret? (SHHhhhhh.)

And another question. Suppose I buy the Ford Racing ones, Or the Rado grey ST wheels from Ford... can they be directly shipped to Tire Rack to have my tires ((I buy from you) put on?
Can YOU aquire Ford wheels by ordering and then put your tires on and ship them to me?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
Seth@TireRack.com
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 132618
What I Drive: N/A

FF Reputation: 1 Seth@TireRack.com Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
Back when I had my Contour SVT Tire Rack had the wheels and I bought two with the BF Goodrich OEM as spares for my ride.
Now I see a few like The 18" Focust Ti type but only in black. And two RS 19"ers

I sure wish you had some of the 18" ST wheels... Or some of the polished Focus 17" current production.

Ford Racing has the 18" current design ST wheels but only in black.

So.. How do you get a hold of Ford production wheels to sell? They just show up on the market and you buy a bunch?
Or is it a secret? (SHHhhhhh.)

And another question. Suppose I buy the Ford Racing ones, Or the Rado grey ST wheels from Ford... can they be directly shipped to Tire Rack to have my tires ((I buy from you) put on?
Can YOU aquire Ford wheels by ordering and then put your tires on and ship them to me?
We do not sell the standard production Ford wheels, those you have to go through the dealership for, we carry the Ford SVT line. I have a message to our purchasing department to find out what I can about how we buy these and will post what I can when I can.

We do not take in customer provided wheels by mail to install tires on. The cost to you for shipping to us and back with an install cost would likely be more than having them installed locally anyway. As you know, that is something we do at no charge when you buy wheels and the tires at the same time from the same distribution center.

Out of our seven distribution centers, our headquarters in South Bend Indiana is the only one that has a bay and can install tires on your wheels or car. We have a service bay here for our test vehicles that is open to the public if you are local, or passing through.

Remember to reference Seth/Focus Fanatics in the "previous contacts" field to make sure the forum get's credit!
Old 09-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #3
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
I would suggest checking ebay or local sellers to find some take-off 17" wheels and buying the tires from TireRack to ship to you and have them installed locally. It would definitely be cheaper than buying 4 brand new wheels from Ford.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #4
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 15 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Ok Thanks, I just wondered, and you answered my questions.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->