Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Group Buy: Downforce USA lip kit

51K views 122 replies 46 participants last post by  muscrayt 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm sure many of you have seen the front lip on my Focus by now, manufactured by Downforce USA. Along with the lip there are also side skirts and a rear valence (the rear is for hatches only) available for the Mk3s.

I have been in contact with Thomas and he has let me know that he'd be willing to offer discounts for a group buy, but with no mention of dates, discounts, or minimum numbers yet. The information below is what I know so far.

If you want parts of, or the whole kit, this is your chance!

1) Company / Seller Name: Downforce USA
2) Company / Seller Address: Downforceusa.com
3) Company / Seller Phone & Email: thomas@downforceusa.com
4) Start Group Buy Date: TBA
5) Ending Group Buy Date: TBA
6) Minimum Member Participation: TBA
7) Retail or Sale Price:

(FRP/Partial CF/Full CF)
  • Front lip ($350/450/550)
  • Side skirts ($350/500/900)
  • Rear lip ($350/450/550) *HATCH ONLY
8) Group Buy Pricing: TBA
9) Any Related Product Images

(images below are not mine)

*This hatch has the partial CF kit; the carbon fiber areas are those left unpainted.

PARTICIPANTS:

1) Twenty: FRP or partial CF rear lip
2) 87astro: FRP front lip
3) Deftmetal: Partial CF side skirts
4) SuperSandra: FRP front lip
5) Deesiel678: FRP front lip (tentative)

See less See more
#8 ·
That's for the three different construction options. The kit is available in FRP, partial carbon fiber, and full carbon fiber.

#12 ·
I'm just waiting on the latest details from Thomas regarding pricing and number needed.

#13 ·
I'd like better pictures of the rear lip esp. Is there a cut or molded area for the exhaust? I'm wondering how it might look sans exhaust (why? Cause I have side exhaust LOL)

#14 ·
#21 ·
I'm assuming you're looking at a lip then (guessing by the $200 price difference)?

I'd be interested in side skirts. Are they the same for sedans?
Yes. Sedans and hatches can share lip kits except for the rear lip.

#22 ·

1) company / seller name: Downforce usa
2) company / seller address: Downforceusa.com
3) company / seller phone & email: thomas@downforceusa.com
4) start group buy date: Tba
5) ending group buy date: Tba
6) minimum member participation: Tba
7) retail or sale price: (frp/partial cf/full cf)
  • front lip ($350/450/550)
  • side skirts ($350/500/900)
  • rear lip ($350/450/550) *hatch only
8) group buy pricing: Tba
9) any related product images

(images below are not mine)

*this hatch has the partial cf kit; the carbon fiber areas are those left unpainted.

I have been back in contact with downforce usa, makers of my front lip which i'm sure lots of you have seen by now. Thomas has let me know that he'd be willing to offer discounts for a group buy, but with no mention of dates, discounts, or minimum numbers yet. The information above is what i know so far.

If you want parts of or the whole kit, this is your chance!

participants:

1) twenty: Frp or partial cf side skirts
i am so down to get in on this

#23 ·
I am in depending on the final $

Hey twenty, i will be involved for sure with this, depending on the out come of the final price when the guy get back to you.
idk if i am sold on the bumper but the skirts and lip is nice. more pictures available by chance?
[cheers]

Thanks,

Myles

#25 ·
Hey twenty, i will be involved for sure with this, depending on the out come of the final price when the guy get back to you.
idk if i am sold on the bumper but the skirts and lip is nice. more pictures available by chance?
[cheers]

Thanks,

Myles
Glad to hear you're interested!

The pictures loaded are all the ones I have on my computer at the moment. There don't seem to be too many of the SEMA car, but putting 'ID AGENCY FOCUS' into Google will bring up some.

Yes front lip, I don't think the sides would look good I was looking today and the sides on the green one in the pic posted has slots it "fit" into while my sedan has a plastic trim I don't think would look good..
I'll put you down as a possible for an FRP front lip then, just to get the list growing; is that okay?

The hatch that they used for the SEMA build was exactly like every other non-ST Mk3, it had the black plastic side skirts from the factory. If I understand what you're commenting on, the indent is part of the new skirt itself. The two 'colours' you see on the side skirts are actually the body colour, and exposed CF.

#35 ·
That's the unfortunate part. Pictures of the SEMA car are limited and I can only show the front lip. Aside from ours, no other Foci have the kit either.

Obviously interested in the full CF but depending on cost I may go for the partial. But then I'd have to paint it, most likely negating the cost savings...

Sent from my DROID4 using FF Mobile
That's another good point, one I had to consider too. After factoring in paint the most expensive lip may work out to be the least expensive.

#36 ·
I've just emailed Thomas and will see what he says regarding the GB pricing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.