Trade-in Value? Looking to trade this week -- Fully loaded Titanium - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #31
BLRich1
Nope, Chuck Testa

Fan#: 22758
What I Drive: '14 TB ST3, '04 Silver SVT

Points 14,556, Level 78
Points: 14,556, Level: 78 Points: 14,556, Level: 78 Points: 14,556, Level: 78
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 17 BLRich1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
^^dude, he said he got 16k for it....
'04 CD Silver SVT, #877, 1 of 135 May 2011 ROTM, FF11: Best Display, Best of Show; AFN12: Best SVT, Best Audio, Finest Five, Carlisle Nifty Fifty
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #32
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Congrats hotleadsingerguy! The new car looks like it has almost the same MPG as the Focus and way more HP/TQ. I think FORD needs to up their game on the quality. My Ti has a little over 13k miles and already feels like it's falling apart so I can relate to your comments about the solid feel of the Honda. I'm willing to bet that the Honda retains WAY more of it's value at whatever mileage you traded in the Focus. I can't afford to take the financial hit it would cost me to get out of mine so I will have to pray it holds up for a while.

You guys are dropping like flies though. LOL. . So many of the long term helpful members here have jumped ship.

Best regards though!.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #33
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 3,310, Level 35
Points: 3,310, Level: 35 Points: 3,310, Level: 35 Points: 3,310, Level: 35
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
I can't afford to take the financial hit it would cost me to get out of mine so I will have to pray it holds up for a while.

You guys are dropping like flies though. LOL. . So many of the long term helpful members here have jumped ship.
Same here. I probably still owe $5k more than I could sell the car for! Too bad helpful users (like hotleadsinger, Zillon, etc.) are leaving.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #34
EMAGG7
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106665
What I Drive: 2013 focus titanium perform blue

FF Reputation: 1 EMAGG7 Good Standing Member
Sorry yall did not see it was 3 pages lol ill have to remember that for future posts sorry again
Old 12-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #35
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
It's no worries guys. I'll probably hang around a bit still to help out if I can. As for the MPG, it's rated 24/34 and gets those numbers very accurately. On a normal drive with a bit more energy than I normally drive, I was getting better than the mpg in the Focus when I was feathering it...I got 28.9 driving slightly spirited.

On the other hand, babying it like I used to baby the Focus I got 33.2mpg with no highway. Doing the exact same driving in the Focus netted 29mpg. How ridiculous that a car with more hp/tq that weighs more still gets better mpg...with more spirited driving.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #36
DQuinn
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106730
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus

FF Reputation: 1 DQuinn Good Standing Member
I'm looking at making the same jump this weekend.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #37
Supramk3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96347
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver S 31.01.2012 BD

FF Reputation: 3 Supramk3 Good Standing Member
Im jumping to a Toyota Tacoma this week, looking for the right deal. an $8000 hit though is gonna kick me financially.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #38
unclebrud
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85754
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S (Ingot Silver)

FF Reputation: 1 unclebrud Good Standing Member
Congrats on the new Accord! Got to say, it really looks good. I feel a twinge of envy every time someone jumps ship.

I'm going to be jumping as soon as the VW Golf Mk.7 comes out. By then, the massive depreciation will be easier to justify. The Focus is a decent car, but the material/build quality is disappointing and I don't like it well enough to keep it for years and years. I don't think that trading for another Focus (even an ST, or any other Ford for that matter) would make any sense. That would leave one in the same boat concerning the quality and heavy depreciation. While I understand that most cars depreciate a lot, the Focus seems to drop like a stone (due to fleet sales? bad press? perception? overpricing then heavy rebates?).
Old 12-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #39
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebrud View Post
Congrats on the new Accord! Got to say, it really looks good. I feel a twinge of envy every time someone jumps ship.

I'm going to be jumping as soon as the VW Golf Mk.7 comes out. By then, the massive depreciation will be easier to justify. The Focus is a decent car, but the material/build quality is disappointing and I don't like it well enough to keep it for years and years. I don't think that trading for another Focus (even an ST, or any other Ford for that matter) would make any sense. That would leave one in the same boat concerning the quality and heavy depreciation. While I understand that most cars depreciate a lot, the Focus seems to drop like a stone (due to fleet sales? bad press? perception? overpricing then heavy rebates?).
That's the thing. When I first got the car it seemed pretty solid, but fairly quickly I realized that the build quality and reliability were not nearly what they first appeared. Sounds, creaks, and rattles started within a week. The depreciation of this car is ridiculous...*very* few cars drop 50% in the first year.

Either way, this Accord Sport feels and acts *great*. Some of the interior looks a bit cheaper, but it's solid as a brick. No rattles at all and I don't see them coming in. Everything feels great.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #40
WhiteTite
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100660
What I Drive: '13 Focus ST2. '12 Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 2 WhiteTite Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
The depreciation of this car is ridiculous...*very* few cars drop 50% in the first year.
To be fair, having 30,355 miles on a 2012 didn't help your resale value. Your percentage is way off tho, out of curiosity I did a KBB private sale on my '12 Ti that I paid little over $25K for in June after rebates, books out $20400. Pretty much what I expected out of the first year, esp if trying to sell it so soon. Glad your happy with your new Honda.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.