Any lowering kits for A 2007 Ford Focus ZX3???? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #1
2007 fordfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106051
What I Drive: 2007 Toreador red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 2007 fordfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Any lowering kits for A 2007 Ford Focus ZX3????

I have been looking to lower my 07 Focus but the problem is i cant find a complete kit ( shocks and springs) for the 07 year they seem to stop in 06 and begin again in 08. My question is does anybody know of any kits ( maybe 1.5 to 2 inch drop).I do live in ohio and winters can get pretty crazy so I dont want to go to low.. Another question is if there isnt any complete kits what type of shocks should I pair with say Eibachs pro kit lowering springs..

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #2
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

Points 7,602, Level 58
Points: 7,602, Level: 58 Points: 7,602, Level: 58 Points: 7,602, Level: 58
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%
FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
You can try and call Tousley Ford, ask for Steve in Parts to see about the FRPP setup that many have. Its about 1.5" drop and matching shocks/dampers, probably one of the most affordable setups if they still produce them.

Also, Massive sells what they call the "omni-kit," it allows you to install any pre '06 suspension. That will greatly increase your selection of suspunsion setups. What is your budget? A set of coil overs will lower you that much and also give you adjustability to go lower.

Check out some of the stickied threads here for more ideas and to start researching possible setups.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218336

I live in Ohio too, spend time between Cleveland and Columbus. I went with a 1.5" lower setup and in hindsight wish i would have saved more to go with coilovers. I'd like to have the choice to go lower in the summer and then back up in the winter. 1.5" drop hasnt had any issues with snow, still sits plenty high.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
2007 fordfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks and my budget is somewhere around the 600 mark and thats the max. What makes the 07 year different from the 06 I thought they were the same till 08 .
Old 12-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

Points 7,602, Level 58
Points: 7,602, Level: 58 Points: 7,602, Level: 58 Points: 7,602, Level: 58
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%
FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 fordfocus View Post
Thanks and my budget is somewhere around the 600 mark and thats the max. What makes the 07 year different from the 06 I thought they were the same till 08 .
I meant pre-'06 as in 00-05 are different, '06 and '07 are the same. Sometime during the '05 model life, Ford changed/redesigned the front struts. The omni kit is essentially a sleeve that allows you to fit the slimmer front struts from earlier models into the newer designed front.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
2007 fordfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Ok. I called eibach a little while back because they had a kit for the 06 and I wanted to know if it would fit and they told me no so maybe they missunderstood me cause I was sure it would.fit. I might have to call them back. I knew there was no changes for the 06 07 model lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.