Still getting annoying rattling sounds etc ): - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
katkrazy2007
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105248
What I Drive: 2008 Ebony Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 katkrazy2007 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry Still getting annoying rattling sounds etc ):

well, I had been on here once before discussing this issue and I took it to ford who said that they couldn't find anything wrong and greased everything, which made the rattling when driving and hitting bumps go away for a while. but now its back at full blast, maybe even worse. The greasing only stopped it for a month. when i hit bumps or go over speed bumps you can hear it squeak or rattle or whatever you wanna call it when the back wheels go over the speed bump. also, when I'm going about 60 or faster on the highway, you can hear what I am perceiving as the same sound only at a faster rate and its so annoying because I've had a few people plus ford look at it to no avail. its the holidays right now so i have no time to get another mechanics opinion until after new years but that's okay. I'm just puzzled by this noise that plagues me every time I hit a bump and the constant rattle, squeak or creak or however one might describe it when i'm driving fast down the highway. I don't know if its some type of bearing or what. the front cv axles, rack and pinion and a broken control has been changed so i don't think its in the front suspension. Oh and sometimes lately when I am backing out, I will hear a light "thud" sound. but its only been when I am in reverse and it doesn't always do it but that worries me too. when i am in drive i dont' hear it of course but when its in reverse, i will hear the bump especially if i've been parked for a while and then have to back out to leave. I need advice please!! I beg!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
bluedevil03
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106558
What I Drive: 2003 blue focus se

FF Reputation: 1 bluedevil03 Good Standing Member
Did they check your sway bar links? sounds like one is broken to me idk tho but honestly there isnt much to grease in the back of it. The rubber could just be worn out and when they put grease on them it stopped the rubber from making that sound.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
katkrazy2007
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by katkrazy2007 View Post
well, I had been on here once before discussing this issue and I took it to ford who said that they couldn't find anything wrong and greased everything, which made the rattling when driving and hitting bumps go away for a while. but now its back at full blast, maybe even worse. The greasing only stopped it for a month. when i hit bumps or go over speed bumps you can hear it squeak or rattle or whatever you wanna call it when the back wheels go over the speed bump. also, when I'm going about 60 or faster on the highway, you can hear what I am perceiving as the same sound only at a faster rate and its so annoying because I've had a few people plus ford look at it to no avail. its the holidays right now so i have no time to get another mechanics opinion until after new years but that's okay. I'm just puzzled by this noise that plagues me every time I hit a bump and the constant rattle, squeak or creak or however one might describe it when i'm driving fast down the highway. I don't know if its some type of bearing or what. the front cv axles, rack and pinion and a broken control has been changed so i don't think its in the front suspension. Oh and sometimes lately when I am backing out, I will hear a light "thud" sound. but its only been when I am in reverse and it doesn't always do it but that worries me too. when i am in drive i dont' hear it of course but when its in reverse, i will hear the bump especially if i've been parked for a while and then have to back out to leave. I need advice please!! I beg!!!
Now when you say "rubber" are you talking about something pertaining to the sway bar links? Or do you mean like bushings or strut mounts etc? sorry for the dumb question, I'm not much of a mechanic but I am very desperate for info and help.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
bluedevil03
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106558
What I Drive: 2003 blue focus se

FF Reputation: 1 bluedevil03 Good Standing Member
The sway bar links have rubber on them and I am wondering if they just threw some grease on them to make it stop. strut mounts are in the front in the rear you have a spring then a shock seperate from each other so there isnt much more that could be cause all this. You can try taking a corner alittle sharper then normal and see if you get a popping noise and the you know its prob the sway bar links worn out or broken.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
Bheiland
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102323
What I Drive: 2012, yellow blaze, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Bheiland Good Standing Member
Noise in cabin of my 2012 Focus

I noticed a noise that only happens when I drive alone. It comes from inside the cockpit of the car only when I don't have a passenger in the front seat.

The passenger seatbelt clasp rubs and taps against the inside wall of the car. It has gotten so annoying that sometimes I latch the seatbelt on the passenger side even when there is no passenger there.

Last edited by Bheiland; 12-21-2012 at 07:47 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
katkrazy2007
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil03 View Post
The sway bar links have rubber on them and I am wondering if they just threw some grease on them to make it stop. strut mounts are in the front in the rear you have a spring then a shock seperate from each other so there isnt much more that could be cause all this. You can try taking a corner alittle sharper then normal and see if you get a popping noise and the you know its prob the sway bar links worn out or broken.
I've taken sharp corners and gotten the popping sound in the past (popping also happened at acceleration as well) and it turned out to be a broken control arm. But I will still try that and see what results I get. And they did only grease it because they said they didn't see anything, but I don't believe that. Besides, after they greased it, it came back a month later worse than what it was. I just want this fixed ):

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.