save your time and money and dont buy from ford!!! - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
kylet11
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112002
What I Drive: 2012 white ford focus sel

FF Reputation: 1 kylet11 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
save your time and money and dont buy from ford!!!

I currently have the misfortune of owning a 2012 ford focus sel that has nothing but problems that ford don't want to fix. For one there has been 3 occasions that the car wouldn't take gear and almost stalled out in traffic and i almost got into an accident, I took the car to ford numerous times and they take it for about a 10 min drive and say its fine. On top of this issue the car shifts like crap and makes a loud noise that apparently is normal but they can't show me this in any other focus. And lastly this car is terrible on gas it gets about 400km best on a full tank of gas and thatís mostly highway driving but they also say this is normal. So everyone that reads this please save your time and money and donít buy from ford they have no respect for their customers and the quality of their vehicles is terrible.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
Focus805
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90582
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL HB 300A

FF Reputation: 1 Focus805 Good Standing Member
YMMV. I love my 2012 SEL. Perfect DCT, 37 MPG in mostly highway, some city driving.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
kylet11
Focus Rookie

just wait till it starts breaking down and see how how ford treats you, you may have a different opion afterwards
Old 05-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
Focus805
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90582
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL HB 300A

FF Reputation: 1 Focus805 Good Standing Member
Fair enough
Old 05-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
Tundrafoci
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96605
What I Drive: 2003 light tundra ZTS

FF Reputation: 5 Tundrafoci Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Putting "don't buy ford" on a dedicated ford forum is like talking in outer space. It's goin get you nowhere.

on that note.

Have you tried a different dealer? I know I stay away from a couple dealers due to their outrageously horrible customer service. There is one locally that I don't mind giving my business to.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
papaacer
Sonic's MK3 Crew #25

Fan#: 111083
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 7 papaacer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I sense a troll. Why would you put that on here? On a positive note, 50k and my SE is going strong. My family has always had fords. It's just his misfortune thats making him say this. there are A LOT of users on here that love their mk3 fofos and and I am one of them.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #7
lddavis
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104180
What I Drive: 1997 Red Outback

FF Reputation: 2 lddavis Good Standing Member
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, kylet11. It sounds like most of your problems are related to the transmission. The DCT has a poor reputation, but it works for a lot of people. Perhaps the customer service reps on the forum can help you get some attention from the dealer.

My car is new, not even 2000 miles yet, but it's been good. I won't have DCT issues because it's a manual.

The mileage I've gotten has been just as advertised: MPG 21-24 city (many trips under 3 miles), about 38 highway. (It's pretty easy to kill the mileage number if you put your foot down in an ST, though. I imagine driving style will affect the regular engine as well, if not as dramatically.)

All car makers turn out some bad instances of their cars, and they're generally all pretty good at it these days -- low single digits of problems. That's scant comfort when you turn out to be one of the unlucky ones, unfortunately. Sometimes the best thing to do is just get rid of the lemon; that's why there are lemon laws. But I wouldn't necessarily write off Ford entirely.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #8
kylet11
Focus Rookie

well im glad some people had a good experience but i know im not and i know im not the only one
Old 05-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #9
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
I sense a disgusted Ford buyer, welcome to the club. As a owner of a 2013 Titanium Focus with less than 3K miles on the odometer and a DCT that is not enjoyable to drive one bit at all, I feel your pain.

Nothing worst than being stuck with a car that is not meeting your expectations, looks like I will be stuck with mine till I can afford to dump it. Not sure if this is the end of my Ford buying days, we have two Fords in the garage, the other is a Fusion and it's fine, of course though it is leased. I financed my Focus, big mistake in retrospect.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #10
BlueByYou28
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113923
What I Drive: '13 Perf-Blue Focus SE 5dr 201A Pkg

FF Reputation: 1 BlueByYou28 Good Standing Member
I'm gonna have to disagree with the OP. I love my Focus, loved my mustang when I had it and I'll probably buy another Ford in the future. I'm sorry for the OP's misfortune but down talking Ford to loyal Ford followers is not the right path to take. Hopefully all gets straightened out with his car troubles. Take care.

Bookmarks & Social Networks