2012+ Mid Wings - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Deals > Group Buys & Hot Deals!

Group Buys & Hot Deals! This section is the place you'll find Hot Deals and Special Vendor Discounts offered by our Vendors and Approved Group Buy Sellers.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #81
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Sean, I'm not trying to argue... Just informing you and others of what I recall and how they were originally presented to me. Josh is at work and when he has time he might be able to better answer your questions... Most of these finds are found and discussed by the Crew so there are a number on here that had seen and known about them early on.
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #82
Sean05
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62491
What I Drive: 13' ST2

FF Reputation: 5 Sean05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)

My friend tried talking with you... He chimed in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using FF Mobile
Old 01-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #83
Chaos09
Sonic Crew #09

Fan#: 95090
What I Drive: DC

FF Reputation: 7 Chaos09 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I'm not at home. I'm in NC and the receipt is at the house printed out. I talked to Tom about the group buy so please get your facts straight about it. Now your trying to say didn't get permission when I did.

Look at the BST rules at number 6.
Sonic's MK3 Crew #9 Chaos!

www.DCSAutoworks.com
Old 01-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #84
Sean05
Focus Addict

I think our main point is your morals... Why even do the group buy if we can buy cheaper on our own and stated theu can be had for cheaper ill post the group buy price for 10 in a bit when they respond...
Then we will see im not wanting to make money i wanna pass a good deal to others
Us focus guys should want to help each other

Old 01-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #85
Chaos09
Sonic Crew #09

The $10 profit is used for packing material. I have been talking with them for a month. Like I stated before they quoted me $170 shipped for 1.

www.DCSAutoworks.com
Old 01-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #86
Sean05
Focus Addict

So wait it goes from he bought from a diferent company to it was quoted a diferent price lets get someone not from the sonic crew that knows about the dealings to comment on this....

Old 01-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #87
GR34TWHI73N0RTH
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96598
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport 5 Spd

FF Reputation: 1 GR34TWHI73N0RTH Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Tom approved you for a group buy, not a thrid party transaction. There different and posted as such in the forum rules, getting permission for one does not mean you got permission for the other. I email Tom the price list and the invoice and he will decide if you are in violation. Not mine or your job. We are not in violation of rule 6, we are bringing to light the fact of an potential scam the mod's are now looking into. There are two outcomes here, either you didn't properly research the part you are getting ripped off of a msrp of 170 for a part that actually cost 55 (more than a 100% inflated price), or your ripping off the FF community. Both options are not promising. So provide the email's so the community can decide for themselves, cause this will just be a he said, she said argument and will go nowhere.

note: me and Sean posted this from a mobile phone's, i dont see why you would have to go home to post the information, if you can access FF, you can access your email and post it. IMHO just extra time to edit an email to say what you want. All our information can be backed up by the manufacturer Jc sportline and has been posted unaltered(expect for personal information).

Im done with this, this is the mod's problem now. We have provided the information and the fact's which show that this maybe shady. Let the FF community decide if you are trustworthy.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #88
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So... now what?
Old 01-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #89
Chaos09
Sonic Crew #09

The group buy is still on.

I printed the receipt off and it's at the house. I will see if they can email me another one.

www.DCSAutoworks.com
Old 01-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #90
Tom
FF Founder

Fan#: 2
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

FF Reputation: 60 Tom Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I was just informed of this thread and wanted to chime in a bit to clarify a few things and present the messages that were sent to me via PM thus far.

Since neither FF nor myself profit from these GBs I'm going to be a neutral party and assess the situation fairly.

1) Chaos09 (Josh) approached me a while back asking me if it was okay to setup a few group buys for the MK3 folks. My response to him was; as long as he can source out great prices for our community I'd be more than happy to approve his Group Buys.

2) With this GB specifically, I was told by Chaos09 that his cost was $90 shipped for each mid-wing. The $10 he is charging on top was to cover his cost for time, gas & packaging materials associated with re-packing them into smaller containers and sending it out to everyone. I assume this is due to him receiving a large container with all the wings inside and requiring them be repackaged before sending. If this is the case then the additional $10 charge would have been justified. He also stated that the shipping fees would vary depending on the location of each buyer.

3) Based on the PMs I've received from the other party, you can also buy this wing for $110 ($107+PayPal fees) shipped from JCSportline, whereas Chaos09 got the same mid-wing for $90 shipped by purchasing in larger volumes. The only thing that wasn't accounted for is the extra shipping cost associated with Chaos09 sending the items to the individual buyers from the GB.

So the bottom line from this point is you can opt to buy directly from JCSportline for $110 shipped from China or through Chaos09 at $100+shipping from KY.

Bookmarks & Social Networks