Want to do something with the headlights... - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
INCUBUSRATM
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51482
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 INCUBUSRATM Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Want to do something with the headlights...

Hey guys, been a while since I've been around these parts. Kinda fell out of modding the Focus, but I've finally gotten the itch to do something. I'd like to change up the headlights. I remember wanting these couple years ago- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Focus-CCFL-A...d3d3d2&vxp=mtr , but if I recall correctly, they are a pain in the ass to wire, aren't the best quality, and you lose your high beams (correct me if I'm wrong). To be honest, I'm kinda skeptical to be fudging with the headlights that much in the first place. I know too many people who swapped theirs out for projectors and the damn things end up giving them a lot of trouble compared to had they just left them stock. So another idea was maybe to just change out the bulbs for something else. I still have the original bulbs that came in it when I drove it off the lot brand new. Are there a cool (and good) type of bulbs I could replace them with? Just the change things up somewhat. I'm working within a budget, mind you. I could save up a bit and get the projectors if you guys think it's a good idea. I know my FF crew won't steer me wrong. Again, sorry for coming off so noobish. I need to stick around this time!

Thanks,
Chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #2
INCUBUSRATM
Focus Addict

Nvm about losing high beams, looking at some other threads, I have been reminded that that only happens when you do an HID kit? Which I remember now, because I messed with an HID kit from eBay like 5 years ago. Horrible experience... (I got the crappy ones; I'm sure it'd have been different had I gotten a good kit with some projectors installed)

So if I'm not mistaken, the eBay projectors would still take regular bulbs, unless I bought an additional HID kit (don't think I will be). Should I try and get the black projectors? I think they look cool, but if they're "meh" quality, then I don't want to mess with them at all. I'd rather just swap out the bulbs in my current stock housings for something nicer (maybe some cool blue ones? I dunno). That would also be friendlier on my wallet.

I guess what I'm asking is should I just keep it stock but put in "HID look" halogen bulbs?

Found these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-BLUE-WHITE...d89bae&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philips-9007...545175&vxp=mtr
Old 07-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #3
Nevin W
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98043
What I Drive: 1994 Chevy S10 4x4

FF Reputation: 2 Nevin W Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I would suggest keeping them stock and getting Nighthawk Platinum headlights. I personally dont like super blue lights, but these just have a slight tinge of blue to them when they are on and from a certain angle.
PNW Crew #45
1994 Chevy S10 4x4 w/ 4.3 Vortec
2002 Sonic Blue Focus SVT Supercharged - For Sale
2002 Liquid Grey Metallic Wagon - Written off
Nevin
Old 07-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
GreySkorpion
saved from the grave

Fan#: 94674
What I Drive: 2004 LG ZX5 2.3D

FF Reputation: 11 GreySkorpion Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I have the Philips Crystal Vision Ultras in my Focus and Excursion, and I will NEVER have another headlight bulb besides them!!! Here is a pic (crappy cell) of The Crystal Visions with Nokya Hyper yellow fogs:

Old 07-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
INCUBUSRATM
Focus Addict

Those look amazing. I think I'm sold. Ordering with my next paycheck along with some new cheap seat covers!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #6
2005zx4thewin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90285
What I Drive: 2005 black zx4

FF Reputation: 1 2005zx4thewin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have nighthawk platiums in mine and i love them, its a good clear lighting you wont see with the generic bulb types, and they have a pretty far sight line if your lenses arent glazed over (which they shouldnt be)

i gave 35 or 40 bucks for the set
Day
Old 12-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #7
INCUBUSRATM
Focus Addict

Well, I finally got around to ordering the headlights... Got the Philips CrystalVision Ultras. Why did it take me so long, you ask? Well, my car battery was giving me trouble this morning, and while inspecting it after the car finally started up, I noticed one of my headlights was out! I guess I can't complain too much since I've had the car since brand new in Nov 2007 and this will be the first time replacing the battery and the headlights.

Bookmarks & Social Networks