MFT vs. CUE - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
GoldenHour
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103427
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

FF Reputation: 3 GoldenHour Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrboy View Post
I am still not experiencing the issues some of you have with MFT. I still have 3.0.2 that was installed by the dealer when I bought the car. Everything works extremely well, voice, phone, music, bluetooth. I have never had an issue with the touch screen as well, I wear thick wool gloves and I can navigate the screen with ease. I use RDIO and it connects immediately with MFT and Sync and begins playing whatever song I have playing on my phone. I currently have a Samsung Nexus 4.2.1, everything is still working 100%. I just wanted to put it out there and make sure others see that not all MFT's are crap.
i'd give my MFT a 9 out of 10 but all i use it for is bluetooth and music. there's an occasional glitch but in general it works very well for me.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #12
1badgmc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105435
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium

Points 30, Level 1
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Level Up 60% Completed
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 1badgmc Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenHour View Post
i'd give my MFT a 9 out of 10 but all i use it for is bluetooth and music. there's an occasional glitch but in general it works very well for me.
I'm going to agree with the 9 out of 10 score from myself too. I spend a TON of time in my car and I only have a couple minor things that I could say bug me, but nothing that really affects the system.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #13
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

Points 3,885, Level 39
Points: 3,885, Level: 39 Points: 3,885, Level: 39 Points: 3,885, Level: 39
Level Up 57% Completed
Level up: 57% Level up: 57% Level up: 57%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
MFT gets a solid 7 from me. Every time I've used it it works okay... but voice recognition is subpar and the menu layouts are TERRIBLE. Idk who Ford hired as the UI designer, but they need to be led out to pasture and shot.
The LCD quality is so-so and the touch is not consistently responsive.
Also, the complete lack of iPhone compatability astounds me. What is Ford thinking releasing something that doesn't work 100% with the most connected mobile OS?? People blame Apple but for crying out loud, the iPhone came first. SYNC/MFT is the accessory to the iPhone, not the other way around.

CUE is at least adding SIRI support and SIRI works much better than Betty Butch the SYNC lady.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
MFT gets a solid 7 from me. Every time I've used it it works okay... but voice recognition is subpar and the menu layouts are TERRIBLE. Idk who Ford hired as the UI designer, but they need to be led out to pasture and shot.

CUE is at least adding SIRI support and SIRI works much better than Betty Butch the SYNC lady.
LMAO "Betty Butch the SYNC lady"

Lets break it down into its respective functions.

Navigation...
- Used several times and find very little to complain about. Very quick, including re-routes. Easy to navigate menus and it looks great. The maps even give accurate 3D building renderings for some of the high-rises in downtown Baltimore. Street names are very clearly labeled, something I hated about the (very advanced, mind you) navigation in my android. Search options and duration (ex.gas, atm) are quick and accurate, like a faster Garmin.
- Note: I rarely use voice control for navigation, but simple commands like finding fast food or a gas station are accurate. More elaborate ones like saying an address are time consuming and should be avoided/substituted with a short stop on the shoulder. Bear in mind short searches can still be done in motion

Audio...
- "Betty Butch the SYNC lady" is a whore sometimes, but considering you own an '11 SES, voice control of audio features is at least on par with the '11. I have used both extensively and I can say it was never much of an issue. Most of the time she was accurate. The bonus of MFT is that when 'Betty Butch' gets confused and takes 7 and a half years explaining options 1-4, it immediately displays the options so I can press one right away and have her Shut-TFU.
- Bonus: big wide dedicated sound button for changing sound settings. Nice.

Climate...
-Who fing cares?
- Bonus: set of hard buttons right under MFT and they look fancy enough to be in an A8, no exaggeration. end of story haha.

Phone...
on par with the voice control of the '11, which is decent IMO. Pairing and connecting is quick and easy.

Overall look and feel...
- Personally think the LCD and trim are fantastic. It could be sharper like the screen of an iPhone, but compare it to ANY Navi unit today (built in or store bought), and it is easily among the best IMO
Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #15
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

On top of that 99% of daily usage is volume and track change, accepting/rejecting calls, and changing sound config. All are easily done by the physical buttons on the steering wheel or the MFT physical buttons on the dash. Cue is all touch, including volume as far as i know, which sucks hairy sweaty saggy donkey balls
Old 12-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #16
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Points 3,885, Level 39
Level Up 57% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
There are times when I'm using SYNC services that the system does not understand what I'm saying. I'll be shouting as clearly as I possibly can and it won't understand simple "Yes" or "No" voice input.

I'll be routing and she'll say "I think you said Wichita Kansas, is that correct?"
"Yes"
"Please say yes or no"
"YES"
"I'm sorry, I didn't understand you. Did you want to search in Wichita Kansas? Please say yes or no."
"YES!!!"
"I'm sorry, I'm still having difficulty understanding you. Would you like me to connect an operator?"
"NO"
"Please say 'operator' for assistance. You are at the main menu. Your options are...."

And at this point I cancel, take out my phone and plot the course using the map app. Thanks for the awesome hands free system, Frod. I liek it alot.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #17
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

UGH Sync Services sucks. I used it ONCE when I first bought an MK2 and spent 30 minutes trying to get that whore to work. never touched it again. 3G phone service is so much more efficient haha
Old 12-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #18
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

Points 2,844, Level 32
Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
was just reading a review (in edmunds) of the new cadillac ATS w/ GM's CUE ...
Reviewer had the CUE system crash, felt it had illogical paginations, was very slow, came to market ahead of it's time, felt beta like, and on and on..

Reviewer stated that ford's MFT was worlds better than the CUE. hmmmmm

despite all of mft's problems could it be better than we think?.... tho not
as good as audi or bmw's set up which has gotten very good reviews.

What must it be w/ american manufacturers putting tech out before it's fully baked?

just my two cents here...
Not at all... Chrysler has had their UConnect systems I believe just a little after MFT came out for Fords... 100% stable, 0% freezeups, 0% restarts, 0% master resets, 0% battery pulls, 100% instantaneous responsiveness, 100% stock OEM firmware no updates to date for my 1 year old Dodge Journey.

Now take those numbers and take the exact opposite and you get my MFT experience. Only the latest firmware 3.5.1 it has gotten anywhere close to being better, but Ford still has a long way to go.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #19
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Points 3,885, Level 39
Level Up 57% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Uconnect is really boring though. My mom has it in her van and never uses it. SHe didn't know she had it until I asked her why she didn't pair her phone to it.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #20
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

Points 2,844, Level 32
Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
Uconnect is really boring though. My mom has it in her van and never uses it. SHe didn't know she had it until I asked her why she didn't pair her phone to it.
Right having non boring system while driving > a system that actually works.
Give me a break.

The buttons do what they are meant to do, the NAV works, the sound system works as it should, does not malfunction or have glitches, so boring... no excitement, no anger, no time wasted making trips to dealership to only get ignored... yes so boring.

Edit: and just to make sure we are on the same page... what is your mom's uconnect system?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.