toms tune what everyone should know - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #51
pasta
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62350
What I Drive: 2003 eap svt

FF Reputation: 5 pasta Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (40)
im sure that tom really appreciates all the help as i totally understand but all of you only know nothing and make it sound like you were there

whoever doesnt like my grammer and spelling dont read it

calling me a kid or young person i will take the compliment but im probably old enough to be some of your dads so please have some respect

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #52
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasta View Post
im sure that tom really appreciates all the help as i totally understand but all of you only know nothing and make it sound like you were there

whoever doesnt like my grammer and spelling dont read it

calling me a kid or young person i will take the compliment but im probably old enough to be some of your dads so please have some respect
I'm respectably saying this, it is hard to respect someone who is attempting to get a refund on a tune and rip off the company that sold you that tuner, while they are continually trying to provide you with customer service and get your car running properly... As well as I will not respect anyone who attempts to be gangsta...especially online....

As for us knowing nothing and being there, The only thing I have read from peoples posts including my own directly correlates to information provided in this thread. Not once did someone say anything specific to the errors your car could have or did output or to the given issues specifically that your car is having.. the only information anyone has referred to are the exact issues you are telling us....
Galatians 6:14

Old 12-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #53
NJSVTGUY
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46519
What I Drive: 86 GN, 11.1@128, 20 psi

FF Reputation: 8 NJSVTGUY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Let me say that I know both Tom and Anthony. I believe both are very good people at heart.... and fathers. Anthony had been talking about going with boost and had asked about my Vortech SVT. I told him how easy the Diablo tune had been to load, less than 3 minutes without issue, came with kit. At the time he was considering a SC kit. He then decided to max out NA first and wanted to go with a tune. I believe when he bought Tom's tune he thought it would be as easy as I told him the Diablo was. It wasn't which has lead us to this point.
I see three possible outcomes:
1 Tom refunds and Anthony returns
2 Anthony sells unit, most likely loosing some
3 Tom and Anthony work together
I realize Tom has been open to option 3, If Anthony is too I will be willing to assist. I'm in the middle of datalogging/tuning the GN for recent upgrades so I have some experience. I know Anthony was looking for a fire and forget install and the thought of 8 sessions of datalogging to perfect cumbersome. And the thought of drivability issues where he commutes not ideal.

It would be nice to see the personal insults end, and this get worked out.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #54
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 47 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
The insults will end or those who are doing it will get infractions period, this is everyone's final warning to please keep it civilized.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat

Old 12-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #55
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Well Anthony... hope you understand at least some of us were trying to help you.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics

Old 12-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #56
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSVTGUY View Post
3 Tom and Anthony work together
I realize Tom has been open to option 3, If Anthony is too I will be willing to assist. I'm in the middle of datalogging/tuning the GN for recent upgrades so I have some experience. I know Anthony was looking for a fire and forget install and the thought of 8 sessions of datalogging to perfect cumbersome. And the thought of drivability issues where he commutes not ideal.
I am game for doing this.

All my contact info is below and I look forward to helping Anthony and getting this resolved.

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Old 12-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #57
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 53 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
[QUOTE=NJSVTGUY;4493895]>>> I told him how easy the Diablo tune had been to load, less than 3 minutes without issue, came with kit.<<<<<< At the time he was considering a SC kit. He then decided to max out NA first and wanted to go with a tune.

Thats what I thought too. IDK anything 'bout the Diablo sport tune, but thats what I've read 'bout SVT's, work w/ that brand of flasher vs SCT's xcal.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131

Old 12-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #58
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I don't think anything else can really come out of this besides insults from other people now, so I'm going to close the thread. Best of luck getting everything set straight guys.

PM me if there is a resolution and I will re-open the thread.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks