Focus Thailand - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > Overseas Fanatics > Fanatics: Asia

Fanatics: Asia Asia Global Forum

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-05-2014, 10:30 PM   #1
Gedeon
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 118814
What I Drive: 2012 2.0L Sport+ Winning Blue Focus

Points 103, Level 2
Points: 103, Level: 2 Points: 103, Level: 2 Points: 103, Level: 2
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Gedeon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus Thailand

Hi guys,

Any focus in Thailand?

I'd like to hear from other owners here. What dealership do you recommend/avoid, what mods you have done to your car, ... Anything really!

Seeing how empty this forum is, I don't really expect answers soon but hey, feel free to reply even if this message is old and dusty!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2014, 10:31 PM   #2
Gedeon
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 118814
What I Drive: 2012 2.0L Sport+ Winning Blue Focus

Points 103, Level 2
Points: 103, Level: 2 Points: 103, Level: 2 Points: 103, Level: 2
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Gedeon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I might as well start with my own experience:

Purchase
Back in October 2012, I wanted to buy a Winning Blue Sport+.
After visiting several dealerships that would only have them by early January 2013, I went to Ford Ramkamhaeng which told me they had 2 in stock.
Even though I could not see the car ("not ready, blah blah blah") I paid the 5000thb deposit right away to get it delivered "within a week".
A week passed without hearing from them. I called them to get an update and they informed me that my car had been in some sort of accident in the garage, which I could not get any detail of. They could not give me any reason for not letting me know about it, either.
When I mentioned the other identical Focus in their stock, they first seemed confused and finished the conversation by telling me that the other one had been in an accident as well. The only option they gave me was "Waiting for a month to see if they could get another one. If not, then by February 2013".

Clearly, they never had the car in the first place and were just intending to keep me waiting until the car was delivered from the factory or until they could find one somewhere else.
I cancelled that purchase and never got my deposit back.

A few days and phone calls later, my friend found one in Ford Pattaya, which is the one I have been driving since then. I have nothing much to say about them as I was there only for about 1 hour. Purchase went flawlessly.
The only thing that surprised me is that the car already had 487km on the odometer. When asked about it, they told me that the car had been tested at the factory.
I seriously doubt they pay someone to drive each new car for 10 hours for testing purpose, but in the heat of the moment, I just let it go. It was either that or waiting for several months to get another car.

Driving
Since then, I've put about 14,000km on it. Mostly in Bangkok and at least once a month on week end trips.
Not much to complain about, the car takes me where I want to go. In Thailand, I am pretty sure the Focus is the most fun car you can get for that amount of money or even anywhere near it.

Issues
The car suffers from the transmission grinding noise which I learned to live with. I wouldn't be surprised to learn the car was sold to another customer who drove it for 400km before taking it back to the dealership because of it.

The front left parking sensor detects obstacles that aren't there. When I mentioned it to a ford mechanic, he immediately told me: "Front left?". It's apparently a common issue and there is no fix.

Once, the car had an electrical failure. Nothing electrical was working. only signs of electricity were:
- The red "[I]" on the dashboard
- A very dim glovebox light
- Flickering console screen for a minute

After jump-starting the car, everything was ok and back to normal. Ford could not find anything wrong with the car and the battery was showing normal levels. I have not had this issue since then.

Mileage is worse than I expected, mostly because of city driving.
City: 15 to 18l/100km (13 to 15 mpg)
Week end trips: 8.5l/100km (27 mpg)

Broken mirror:
A motorbike hit my left mirror back in mid-November and broke it (it is still usable though).
Ford just got the new part and may be able to install it on January 11. Again, no specific date, just "maybe".
No matter what, that's extremely slow. My car has been looking like since then due to the missing cover. Quite unhappy with the delay.
Does it mean that if a more vital part of the car broke, I would not have a car for this long?

Upgrades
Around June 2013, a friend and I installed an AEM air intake. It's a nice upgrade over the factory "vacuum cleaner" sound it makes.

I am looking into buying Ford 7-spoke wheels but again, dealerships don't stock up on them and will only order them after taking a deposit. Hard to spend 32,000thb on wheels only based on what I saw on a photo.

Maintenance
The first maintenance was done at Ford Sukhumvit 62.
I was impressed by their service and efficiency. They did a great job, explained everything they did and why they did it, gave some recommendations and were generally very helpful. I will definitely go there again.

Bookmarks & Social Networks