Voiding the Warranty - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
HooticusMaximus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119921
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Metallic SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 HooticusMaximus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Voiding the Warranty

Hello, new to the Focus and forum world, still working out searching and all that jazz. Im looking for anyone adding a long tube or cams or both for the MK3. I know tuning only became available like in the July timeframe, waiting on my tuner from Tom at Focus-Power as a matter of fact.

The mods I've done so far are your typical ones, intake, exhaust, tune. Im interested in the fun mods, i.e. the long tube cams and retune. I'm not looking for a street beast in my focus, I have a blown Mustang to satisfy my HP hunger. Just want to see how far I can take this little NA fun machine.

Are the duratecs over the years that different? Was looking at a write-up on a 2008, header install, engine looks a helluva lot like mine (2012). That brings me to cams. Do the, say, Cranes that work for a 2010 duratec not work for the 2012? I seriously tried to look up this info but its pretty mod after pretty mod.
Which is why I'm wondering if people are hesitant because of the warranty issue. I voided my Stangs warranty in 3 months. What can I say, just love modding.

Any and all replys apprecitated...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooticusMaximus View Post
Hello, new to the Focus and forum world, still working out searching and all that jazz. Im looking for anyone adding a long tube or cams or both for the MK3. I know tuning only became available like in the July timeframe, waiting on my tuner from Tom at Focus-Power as a matter of fact.

The mods I've done so far are your typical ones, intake, exhaust, tune. Im interested in the fun mods, i.e. the long tube cams and retune. I'm not looking for a street beast in my focus, I have a blown Mustang to satisfy my HP hunger. Just want to see how far I can take this little NA fun machine.

Are the duratecs over the years that different? Was looking at a write-up on a 2008, header install, engine looks a helluva lot like mine (2012). That brings me to cams. Do the, say, Cranes that work for a 2010 duratec not work for the 2012? I seriously tried to look up this info but its pretty mod after pretty mod.
Which is why I'm wondering if people are hesitant because of the warranty issue. I voided my Stangs warranty in 3 months. What can I say, just love modding.

Any and all replies appreciated...
The camshafts won't interchange, the older duratec did not have the twin independent variable cam timing system.

Also with the direct injection and high compression it's unlikely that the pistons would interchange either.

With modifications however the exhaust manifold would interchange.

A lot of people probably do have a concern about the warranty, especially when the automatic transmission has been troublesome for some people, as well as isolated cases of engine failure, even stock.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
HooticusMaximus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119921
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Metallic SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 HooticusMaximus Good Standing Member
Figures, even with my mustang looking at some of the changes Ford has done has me scratching my head. That whole "if it ain't broke". Be nice to delete the VCT like my tuner did on my Mustang. Just delete everything that's stupid...thanks for the reply, I dig learning.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #4
Stoughton
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118667
What I Drive: 2014 Sterling Gray SE 5dr

FF Reputation: 1 Stoughton Good Standing Member
Altering a car doesn't void the warranty. Unless the dealer can show that the modifications you made directly caused any problems, only then can they make the claim and only on issues directly related.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #5
Romans5.8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119488
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 4 Romans5.8 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoughton View Post
Altering a car doesn't void the warranty. Unless the dealer can show that the modifications you made directly caused any problems, only then can they make the claim and only on issues directly related.
Correct, but it's an easy case to make with major performance modifications. Transmission, clutch, engine, all easy to blame on increased horsepower or unauthorized modification!

The radio? Maybe not. But the crucial, costly components likely would be voided with a serious mod.
2011 Honda Shadow Aero, Candy Red (Wife's Bike)

Bookmarks & Social Networks