New ST Ride - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
FlankerDFR
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90863
What I Drive: 2013 Blk ST2

FF Reputation: 1 FlankerDFR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
New ST Ride

Well................I cut a deal with the local Ford dealer today; to trade in my clunky ancient 2012 Focus SE/Sport (9500 miles) on a 2013 ST--Tuxedo Metallic Blk, blk/blu interior. Supposed to go back up Monday the 26th to pick it up.

Took it for a test spin today; about what I expected. Firmer suspension, ride not as supple as my SE/Sport, quicker turn in and transient response, I was surprised at how much more bottom end and lower mid range it had even when the turbo was not making boost! Sweet! Love the Recaros, and the Sony sound system will likely be a treat once I get a chance to tweak to where I like it. Hands off blue tooth phone capability.............not something I would have ordered if it had been a separately available option, but the car came with it so that's cool. Bit of a sore spot with me, as I've had a truck load of close calls the last several years; while on one of my motorcycles, with schmucks yapping on their hands on cell phones. Phone in ear, mouth in gear, brain in neutral.

Gotta get some snow tires ordered ASAP Monday..............snow's about to get here in central MI, and the hi po summer tires on the ST are likely REALLY entertaining in snow and ice! Or.................maybe not.

I have a set of Sport Edition 17 x 7.5 five spoke aluminum rims with 235/45R/17 Fuzion UHP all seasons left over from my SE/Sport. I'll be posting them for sale in that forum soon (with pics).........about 4500 miles on them) if any of you know anyone who'd like to upgrade the wheels on their 2012 Focus (not sure what else they might fit with that bolt pattern). Haven't decided on an asking price yet..................

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlankerDFR View Post
Hands off blue tooth phone capability.............not something I would have ordered if it had been a separately available option, but the car came with it so that's cool. Bit of a sore spot with me, as I've had a truck load of close calls the last several years; while on one of my motorcycles, with schmucks yapping on their hands on cell phones. Phone in ear, mouth in gear, brain in neutral.
With you on that. I wish manufacturers would nix that option entirely, it's in no way helping anyone.

Anywho, ST2 I assume, with the two-tone seats? As a Canadian I am very jealous that you can get those, we don't.
SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
glocker
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102954
What I Drive: '12 Sonic Blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 glocker Good Standing Member
Congrats! Pictures on Monday??
Old 11-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
FlankerDFR
Focus Enthusiast

Yes, it is an ST2..............wonder why they don't make the two tone seats available in Canada?

I spoke too quickly on the tires and wheels for sale. After doing more research at the Tire Rack's web site...........it looks like the 17" Sport Edition wheels will fit my ST, they're listed as a minus one size option for 2013 STs, in the TR's wheel and tire package section. Also, the 215/50R/17 General Tire Altimax Arctics I've got on my SE/sports stock rims are listed as being the same overall diameter (25.4 inches) as the Goodyear 235/40R/18 summer tires on the ST. I'll trade in the SE with the stock Ford 17" wheels and Fuzion all season radials.

I'll have the dealer do some tire and wheel juggling tomorrow, and use the Sport Edition rims and snow tires as my winter set.................save myself about $650.00, and be able to swap wheel and tire sets myself !

Good thing too.................as we got about an inch of fluffy snow this AM; though it's mostly melted now (late PM).

I'll take my camera with me to the dealers tomorrow and get some pics while it's still clean! I hope.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlankerDFR View Post
Yes, it is an ST2..............wonder why they don't make the two tone seats available in Canada?

I spoke too quickly on the tires and wheels for sale. After doing more research at the Tire Rack's web site...........it looks like the 17" Sport Edition wheels will fit my ST, they're listed as a minus one size option for 2013 STs, in the TR's wheel and tire package section. Also, the 215/50R/17 General Tire Altimax Arctics I've got on my SE/sports stock rims are listed as being the same overall diameter (25.4 inches) as the Goodyear 235/40R/18 summer tires on the ST. I'll trade in the SE with the stock Ford 17" wheels and Fuzion all season radials.

I'll have the dealer do some tire and wheel juggling tomorrow, and use the Sport Edition rims and snow tires as my winter set.................save myself about $650.00, and be able to swap wheel and tire sets myself !

Good thing too.................as we got about an inch of fluffy snow this AM; though it's mostly melted now (late PM).

I'll take my camera with me to the dealers tomorrow and get some pics while it's still clean! I hope.
Hi FlankerDFR,

Congrats on the new ST! If you're still in the market for new tires, you should check out Ford's Tire Finder tool, available here: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...mo-position3.1. In addition to finding perfect tires for your ride, you can get some valuable coupons to save some cash.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 11-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
FlankerDFR
Focus Enthusiast

FCS: Thanks for the offer; though as you can see from the wheel shot below my 17" Sport Editions and snow tires worked out fine.

Wheels, tires, headlight, and foglight bulbs swapped. Had a chance to notice a few more things on the drive home. The tighter suspension vs my SE/Sport; is really sweet for just routine lane changes, and I'm really digging the greater bottom end and lower mid range torque (and that's when it's not pushing any boost!). The Sony sound system is much cleaner in all frequency ranges, and I don't have to put up with the HUGE weapon sized key that went with the SE/Sport! The clutch works real smoothly, and shifting is very crisp and short.

As you can see; there's plenty of daylight between the outer edge of the front caliper and inside of my 17 in winter rims.......needless to say; it's even roomier on the rear wheel/rotor/caliper assembly.

Two tone interior.....................those Recaros are NOT made for people of "girth"! They're tight (I'm 6' 2' and 175lbs) and I wouldn't want them any narrower!

Old 11-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Congrats on the ST! Wish I had waited, they are amazing cars.

Out of curiosity, how much were you able to get on trade for your 2012 SE?
Old 11-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #8
cjohn24
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103132
What I Drive: 2003 Yellow Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 cjohn24 Good Standing Member
Those seats are AMAZING!!
Old 12-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #9
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
MY PB ST2 with the same interior as yours should be here on the 10th - after waiting since September 19th!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #10
unclebrud
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85754
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S (Ingot Silver)

FF Reputation: 1 unclebrud Good Standing Member
Very nice wheels. I also just bought Sport Edition F6 (IIRC) wheels w/Altimax Arctics. If I end up buying an ST, these will be used on that, too.

Those two-tone blue/black Recaros look great. I sat in the ST3 leather version (all blk) and they were super comfortable.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->